No announcement yet.

new suggestion for weasel that should pacify both sides of the argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this explains why I saw you flying around without any cloak on while I was terring Gerb. I didn't know if you were on crack, or just plain nuts.
    Last edited by FatherG; 05-27-2003, 08:56 PM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
    Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
    Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
    Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

Originally posted by FatherG
      Well this explains why I saw you flying around without any cloak on while I was terring Gerb. I didn't know if you were on crack, or just plain nuts.
      both
      it was more in the interest of full-scale playtesting because weasel is my second favorite ship and i didn't want to see it get nerfed into oblivion by people like ze gophar
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

your personal opinions dont matter much gerbil, if a lot of people support what you have to say then thats what matters. i dont care if its your second favorite ship, you obviously didnt care that it was my least favorite ship when you decided it would be a good idea to make it much more annoying. also i would be very interested to hear in depth why you like it so much.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Yes, I would like to hear a 5 page deposition on why someone likes the weasel. Wait... no I wouldnt.

Its the eve of revolution and people like you will just get run over, Za Gophar. Just prepare yourself and maybe step out of the way at the last second. Its impossible to make everyone happy so I can only suggest one thing: Whiney bitches should shut up.

Comment

The only thing is that if you test something on the vets, unless it is significantly better the vets would rather stick with their classic settings. I'm not saying that be bad, but things would never change. And I'm not saying that things never changing would be bad either.

I don't know how they changed the settings of the weasel because I haven't played in a year or so. So I won't even try to make sense of that. *shrug*

Comment

the only reason i bothered mentioning that the weasel is one of my favorites is because it implies that i have considerable experience playing it through all stages of its development. that ties in to explaining why i wanted to playtest it to its extreme.

nothing more, nothing less. i'm just adding credentials to back up my opinion-heavy statements.

Comment

i think my cajun friend has a very good suggestion here. as a fellow lover of weasels, i believe that his suggestion just might make it the power house ship it could always be. also keep the mini weasel. in base its great just sneaking a and avioding terrs by going through tiny holes.
                To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  No, it forces us to make NEW strategies for defence. To say that it takes all the strategy out is to suggest that players will be unable to adapt. Every change in the history of TW has caused some sort of adaptation. This is no different.
                  Actually this is very different.
                  While this certainly creates a lot of new strategies for attacking the flag. You're leaving one option of defending the flag. And that's keeping your entire team inside flagroom. Unless you of course have several terrs, in which case one could be watching flag while the rest defend lower. But generally speaking. When you tie one ship/player to one specific task, it limits the possibilities of the other ships. You might argue that you don't have to keep anyone behind to watch the flag, but then you would have no assurance that the flag will be safe from the opponent. Making one ship smaller (or bigger for that matter) is a HUGE difference because it suddenly puts focus on the base itself, how it's formed, and most importantly, where and how the holes are placed.
                  "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                    Making one ship smaller (or bigger for that matter) is a HUGE difference because it suddenly puts focus on the base itself, how it's formed, and most importantly, where and how the holes are placed.
                    i thought most basers enjoyed the thrill of ?go boki over ?go base strictly because of the multiple attack points (same concept, different application).

at any rate, the only backdoor threat you'd get from the proposal is from weasels... and those are simple to take down without restricting your team very much. in fact, if they use the ideas listed in this thread, then a lone spider should be all that's needed to handle the weasel since the cloaking power would be severly nerfed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                      Actually this is very different.
                      While this certainly creates a lot of new strategies for attacking the flag. You're leaving one option of defending the flag. And that's keeping your entire team inside flagroom. Unless you of course have several terrs, in which case one could be watching flag while the rest defend lower. But generally speaking. When you tie one ship/player to one specific task, it limits the possibilities of the other ships. You might argue that you don't have to keep anyone behind to watch the flag, but then you would have no assurance that the flag will be safe from the opponent. Making one ship smaller (or bigger for that matter) is a HUGE difference because it suddenly puts focus on the base itself, how it's formed, and most importantly, where and how the holes are placed.
                      That's just one such strategy, and it makes a lot of assumptions. It doesn't take the whole team to stay in the flag room just to take care of cloakers coming in from the ceiling. You forget that the strategy used in base most often in pubs is to have the terr sit in the flag room collecting bounty. Now that terr has to pay closer attention to his x radar.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant about "tying one ship/player to one specific task" though. I think all the ships have their own roles to play, and I don't see how the new settings makes it any different. (Apart from terrs having to be more alert)

Comment

How about make the weasel the anti-warp ship. Make the anti drain the whole energy in 3 secs. Good to break the cram etc.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                          I agree. Pub basing has nothing to do with real basing. Thats why whiterabbits sucked last season.
                          That's not the only reason...
                          The Original G.

Comment

It looks like you weren't the only person thinking about the weasel Gerb. This is what I ran into last night:

I think two weasels are missing from the picture, but you get the jist. With all of the cloakers running around, it was difficult as hell to get near the flag entrance without getting shot by an x(as a non terr). When Zev and I finally did get into the base, only a few people would attach making it impossible to hold.

I think the base fell when they finally got bored and one-by-one, logged off.
                            "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                            -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KontroLz> afk, enema
                            Oen Izan> yes I am , buy a me a happy meal , you score :X
                            Oen Izan> you know I dont do one night stands
                            Oen Izan> cuz if ya puttin out , I am coming back

Comment

That sounds more like a team issue than a cloaker issue.
                              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                              X