• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors found this page by searching for:

powered by myBB organizations for the deaf in seattle wa

Comment

• Visitors found this page by searching for:
      images of illuminati in ratatouille disney
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• +

The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Quick update for those interested.

We ran Distension as the weekend event and got close to the old populations. Had a decent number of new players come along as well.

The new energy/recharge levels worked fairly well to help balance, though I know some people were disappointed at seeing their higher level ships lose energy/recharge. (It only becomes evident I think after rank 40 or so -- otherwise your ship should have more NRG/CHG.)

Spiders will be happy to note that the bullet fire delay is back to the normal setting as found in all other areas of the zone. Levis will not be happy to note that their bomb damage will be reduced somewhat -- was set a bit high due to settings corruption. Remember that Levis receive support bonuses, though, meaning they earn more on round win than any of the fighter ships, and also earn RP even for round loses. Ops also has an RP boost for round wins (and losses). Assist bonuses are reduced somewhat.

All event staff will be added as Dist Ops, and given a bit of training as to how to run it. At that point, they should then be able to host Distension as an event. (This means doing ?help host distension may actually do something in the coming weeks.) I'll need to work out with Willby (event head) what it will count for as quota, as it's a long event. Other than that... should be seeing it hosted more regularly. I'll work on getting a schedule together soon as well, to have a few guaranteed games that are a bit longer. The spontaneous, off-the-cuff hosts of Dist won't be any longer than 1 hour at a time, to avoid disrupting the zone.

I'll also be updating the graphics/sound package (the LVZ) to remove the horrible font colors, fix the green sound, and a few other little tweaks.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Nice to see Distension back again.

Not having a regular schedule does change the game though:

Less time means less RP which means I need to concentrate more on playing a single ship in order to get meaningful ship development. In the last session I only made enough RP to shift the progress bar a fraction and I have no idea when, if ever, I will next be able to play.

Consider upping the RP rewards by a significant factor to compensate for less playing time.

I have forgotten what most of my original ship design goals were and will need to rethink for the new conditions.

Please ensure the cost for a complete respec and scrappage is low and there is time for redesigning after the battles are over.

I am now more reluctant to spend any time in support ships that are needed, particularly in two-base battles.

Consider raising the player threshold for two-base battles and extra increases for any bonus to your current ship for switching to a vital support ship when needed.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Comment

• Ahh, it's not that it's not scheduled so much as that I don't yet have the schedule going. There were some fairly large changes (revised settings, new map) and I needed to test things out a bit before we dive right in.

I'll also need to train the events team to be able to host, and then hopefully also get a schedule at that point.

Honestly I'd like to have more overall playing time, but with a greater variety of times offered.

• 2-Base threshold to 30 (from 26)
              • Respec cost to 0.3% (from 1%, and a bit earlier, 3%)
              • Scrap allowed until 50% of rank (from 25%)
              • Bonus for changing to support ship increased, especially for very low-rank and high-rank players. Also, by default you will receive at least 150RP in your new ship.
              • Autosave changed to a hard save (process-locking save) rather than running it in a background query. Not sure why the background queries were having problems.

Last match didn't have the time to rework your ship because I wasn't certain if the !shutdown mode would save ships properly. Now that autosave has been changed to active, I think !shutdown should work just fine.

If it turns out that Dist isn't run often enough, I will definitely run it with the RP bonus.

Appreciate the feedback! Distension isn't entirely back, but it's getting there. Baby steps.

If anyone wants to save time before the next run, ?go distension3 or distension and download the updated graphics/sound package.

Also, still looking for people interested in making alternate Distension maps.
              Last edited by qan; 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM. Reason: Added what I actually did, rather than saying I'd do it :P
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

• I've talked with Willby (events head) about scheduling. We'll likely be using the previous schedule, with some modifications, to host Dist. Biggest modification is that each scheduled host will be for a reduced amount of time, in consideration for other areas of the zone. Should also be able to get the regular weekend host as well, though.

In the meantime, Dist will continue to be hosted on demand by event staff. At present I believe there are 4 people on events capable of running it (kyler, Board, Flion & of course Willby). Left_Eye also can run it but is normally occupied in the bans dept.

This means you can do a ?help call to request a host of it, or request via the RoboHelp bot, if we still have that feature in there.

More info to come as we solidify the new schedule.

Comment

Working...
                X