Some News and Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
    If mods are really out to ban you they will, examine my perm ban from a year ago for instance. Rules dont really matter then
    With this rule it would be even easier for those powertripping abusing muthafuckers to ban/ silence u
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

JabJabJab was always a faggot, is a faggot, and will always be a faggot.
      sigpic

Comment

This rule is unlikely to be used much, and I will hold overall control on it. Since bans are down dramatically since I moved most things over to banc (great work by dev guys) it means more players are able to stay in game. Currently only I could ban people for harassing staff, which is something I have now opened upto the rest of the smods+. Staff are not here to be abused, verbally or any otherways and to be honest, its just bringing tw into line with all other zones (just ask clue who is serving a yr EG ban for harassing an EG mod). I don't want to use it, I don't intend to use it but I wont have any more forum attacks or in game attacks, as I said I don't just mean physically or verbally. Forum rules will also be updated shortly to bring them more inline with in game rules. That doesn't mean if u say to a staffer "your stupid/idiot" or w/e that ur getting in instant ban, unless ofc u say it to me then your gone lol, it would need to be quite extreme for me to feel a need to use it, but as I said at the beginning, I always have been able to do that if I wanted to.

Comment

Boooo!
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

BS Demonic, there needs to be EXACT guidelines as to what is harassment, and don't you dare fuck with my forums, many have tried before. You randomly go around fucking with resolutions and rules and forums and shit, you have a player poll from 3 people saying these are good changes also?
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The Rule addition was 100% needed in light of growing Anti-Staff sentiments. I'm working my butt off for you guys! So, don't insult me then, yeah?
              4:BigKing> xD
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Yo, and same goes for "fixing the forums" holy shit this has been tried by Sarien, Maverick, Ara, Kim, Kolar and others, you know how that works.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

seriously either get rid of that garbage rule or clearly specify the guidelines for it because it can be loosely interpreted by many ignorant incompetent putrid bitch fgt ass staffers
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

LOL Demo. So if I call u or any other Staff member an idiot I'm gone? GG Steam users.
                    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I'm confused. Wouldn't ?ignore be much easier to use?
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I will however send the link through to some steam buddies since that is the laziest way for me to show support.

Still

fuck staff
                        (Children)>hunted for life
                        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
                          That rule isnt enforced unless screenshots or logs are checked by a smod+ so dont expect to see it used often unless someone really wants to push their luck with it.
                          #1 Screenshots are fakable

#2 What if demonic quits and a fgt takes over?

#3 What some others already said (more or less); when is something considered harassment?

#4 Is staff better than players are?; Why would u make this rule for staff and not for players?

Comment

Hack will be working to re-new the "trusted" player system.
                            y? wat this used for?

We intend to implement a Poll feature in the Pub so that we can get everyone's opinion on certain topics. Because the game should be the first way to get opinions, although the forum is a great supporting tool, the majority of our public players do not use it.
                            Why not use this?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1282026
                            If you don't want it to give out pubbux like it used to, that's easily fixed.

Updating the F1 menue and making it more newbie friendly is the next thing on the agenda.
                            Remove all the league junk, new players don't need it and everyone else already knows it.

Future Splash screens will be made more player-friendly. That is either being achieved with transparency or text-only. They will only pop up when you enter the zone, and not when you return to the public.
                            Turning it so it only pops up once upon entering the zone would've been faster than actually typing that. I didn't know transparency was an option though, unless you mean only in black "dead" areas.

If you have questions regarding WingZero's post some days ago about Pubbucks possibly getting removed, I can not give an update on that yet. We are aware of all the people who have donated and so forth, therefore the process can not be easily undone, so we need to be looking into a suitable solution in case the bots are stressed too much.
                            All in all I think this is a positive thing. It opens the possibility of putting the King of the Hill side-game into use and rewarding it with "pointbux" with no programming at all. There could be a small periodic reward to the team holding the flag (much like how they're awarded 200 points periodically now). The point values of each ship, previously determined by the bot, could easily be changed through the InitialBounty setting in the server.cfg. Terrier's, maybe sharks too but can't remember, would slowly increase in "pointbux" value due to their high PrizeShareLimit (same with levi's, but that'd be due to their kills increasing bounty). Some prizes could be purchased without a need to PM the bot through ?buy (antiwarp, bursts, reps). Some negatives though, don't think you can restrict how fast purchases can be done, so sharks and levi's could chain purchase reps and terriers could chain purchase bursts. This might be avoidable, not sure what the PrizeDelay setting does. Than again, worst case, they could be bought through pubsystem like they are now and it would still reduce the strain on the bot system tremendously due to not having to add pubbux every time anything happens.

I will also be looking further into the issue with LevTerrs being currently overpowered. My opinion - and I share this opinion with a lot of other players - is that the public is there and availiable for everyone in any ship and on whatever frequency. Therefore limiting or removing Levs will not be an option.The main concern on this topic is that at some times, during "dead hours", when there are only around 5vs5 people playing, pub can not sacrifice enough players to hunt LevTerrs, therefore the point that it is ruining the basing is legit and a compromise, that could be achieved with mutliple solutions, needs to be found.
                            If the game needs to be balanced, it needs to be balanced. I'm fairly indifferent to levi's. If the only concern is levterring during low population times, just put a limit in where if the players in pub is less than X, levs are disabled. I do think that levs will hurt the repopulation effort, when a new player gets blasted and has no idea where it even came from he'll just think the entire game is riddled with bugs and quit.

"12.) Harassment or otherwise insulting behaviour towars zone staff."
                            I don't really like this myself, but I suppose it's good to cover all the bases. Could very easily be abused and I'm not 100% sure I'd trust all of the current smods to be the judge, jury, and executioner. I assume Demo will be reviewing all cases including the ones where she didn't make the decision herself, yes?

btw fiS, your spelling is horrid! dun ban me

edited to fix grammatical errors D:
                            Last edited by Dral; 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Reinstate Dral ASAP or replace him with my dog.
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Dral View Post
                                y? wat this used for?

Why not use this?
                                [ATTACH]1059[/ATTACH]
                                If you don't want it to give out pubbux like it used to, that's easily fixed.

Remove all the league junk, new players don't need it and everyone else already knows it.

Turning it so it only pops up once upon entering the zone would've been faster than actually typing that. I didn't know transparency was an option though, unless you mean only in black "dead" areas.

All in all I think this is a positive thing. It opens the possibility of putting the King of the Hill side-game into use and rewarding it with "pointbux" with no programming at all. There could be a small periodic reward to the team holding the flag (much like how they're awarded 200 points periodically now). The point values of each ship, previously determined by the bot, could easily be changed through the InitialBounty setting in the server.cfg. Terrier's, maybe sharks too but can't remember, would slowly increase in "pointbux" value due to their high PrizeShareLimit (same with levi's, but that'd be due to their kills increasing bounty). Some prizes could be purchased without a need to PM the bot through ?buy (antiwarp, bursts, reps). Some negatives though, don't think you can restrict how fast purchases can be done, so sharks and levi's could chain purchase reps and terriers could chain purchase bursts. This might be avoidable, not sure what the PrizeDelay setting does. Than again, worst case, they could be bought through pubsystem like they are now and it would still reduce the strain on the bot system tremendously due to not having to add pubbux every time anything happens.

If the game needs to be balanced, it needs to be balanced. I'm fairly indifferent to levi's. If the only concern is levterring during low population times, just put a limit in where if the players in pub is less than X, levs are disabled. I do think that levs will hurt the repopulation effort, when a new player gets blasted and has no idea where it even came from he'll just think the entire game is riddled with bugs and quit.

I don't really like this myself, but I suppose it's good to cover all the bases. Could very easily be abused and I'm not 100% sure I'd trust all of the current smods to be the judge, jury, and executioner. I assume Demo will be reviewing all cases including the ones where she didn't make the decision herself, yes?

btw fiS, your spelling is horrid! dun ban me

edited to fix grammatical errors D:
                                Yes dral I will always be available to review decisions, if someone is unhappy with a ban on it they can appeal to reckful, if still unhappy can take it to me. To put this into context , for the last 3/4 yrs I have solely held responsibility for this and have banned 1 player for harassment. When they cooled off they apologised and ban was lifted, so in theory half a ban in 3 years. I doubt it will be used but as I'm allowing smods to use it, I figured its important you knew it's existence. That saying there is issues with 24 atm which may change my record, but that's another story.
                                Wark not sure why you are concerned, you can be a pain in the rear end at times but your arguments are normally well constructed and thought out, so don't see why you should be worried, unless your just like that with me and not other staffers. That said if I hear one more bloody meow I think I am going to shoot something, but that's for another place/discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X