Rules for Newbies in Tw Events and Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trollus Maximus
    "Vet" means different things to different people. But when one elevates oneself to that title and thinks they are better than someone else because of it, then they do the word veteran a disservice. Not only are they disrespecting other players through it, they disrespect what the word means.

Exactly. KK, i'm not disputing the fact that you've played this for a long time, 2 entire years more than myself, but the simple fact is, when you think playing for 6 years makes you cool, great or better than someone, well, then you're an idiot. I think Vet and Veteran carry two different meaning in this game, a Vet is someone who thinks they're cool because they've either:
    A) Played a Long time (or claim to have)
    B)Are really good

A Veteran is someone everybody respects, whether they're all that good or not. I think most of the 'true veterans' off ss aren't even that good, because they don't sit around practicing all day to become the best internet guy they can be anymore.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i don't even understand why anyone would want to claim to be a vet. even the idea of debating what vet means repulses me. who the fuck cares.

Comment

newbies just shouldnt talk, and they should try to figure it all out for themselves. if they cant do that, then they were never meant to be elite.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Re: Rules for Newbies in Tw Events and Leagues

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
          In general, be nice to recognized and respected players, and maybe you will be put in higher reguard.
          This reminds me of a TWDD match i played yesterday against Tony's squad. THEY challenged US. We accepted, we won in 2 straight rounds. We all said 'gg' to them politely and then Tony goes f'in psycho on us with

"I'm tony, i was on f*cking siege, i shouldn't be losing to newbie solution so dont you dare say gg to us"

3 seconds later...

"get over yourselves" from him as well

for my experience, most self-proclamed veterans act like this, some are worse than others... you guys should really hold a conferance and decide how you wanna respond to 'polite newbies' and stick with it.

Comment

The thing about this is, I liek to fuck around alot, especially on these "message boards." Message Boards are places for people to bitch, complain, and moan about any fucking thing you want. When you got a whole game full of fags just like that, who critique everyone and everything, you get posts like these.

I do believe in everything that I said and still think what I said is justified so we can either keep coming with all the crap, and then I can reply, or we can just let this thread sit.
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

You're trying to put the lid back on the can of worms you opened up, and it's just too damn late for that.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

kid, the point is that a lot of the newbies who try to be polite to the inner circle of self-proclamed vets end up getting flamed. How can you expect the so-called "newbies" to be polite to the "vets" when they just get comments thrown back in their face like "stfu newbie, type ?go" ...i'm not accusing you of anything but maybe you understand why they do not give the respect you want to "vets who've earned it"

tw will forever have people who think they are gods gift to subspace and other people who are wondering why they cant get into elim with less than 36 hours. no amount of posting on forums will change that unfortunately.

Comment

And the only reply you have to this so-called crap is "that's my opinion" and "I like to fuck around".

I think you are applying the "crap" sticker to the wrong side.

Comment

TK i dunno if you were talking to me or KK, but what i was saying is that the Crap-Sticker, as you call it, should be applied to both sides. There is mutual disrespect between the two distinct groups.

Comment

I'm talking to the person who actually said "I like to fuck around" in most of his replies to this thread and used the word "crap" in his last one. Those quotation marks are there for a reason.

Comment

Stalfos is getting at the whole concept of social "circles", and yes, they exist :eek:

Anyhow, I see it happen all the time in baseelim. The routine is so cyclical is sickening, like a freaken broken record player. Some 1 year playing person wearing a shade of Elusive's banner goes on a killing rampage of about 6 kills. 6-0. Some 2 year vet comes around, vulches him, then the complaints begin to volley. The Elu wannabe says "Lame ass, gtfo". If the experienced player wasn't stupid, 9 times out 10 they would ignore the fool. This continues until the one of them gets specced, and the fight continues with 1 person in game, while the other has already died. Then things like "sit in spec" begin. I do regret that I sit back and not say anything about it even though I'm in the same game, but I'll probably either end up getting ignored, or say it isn't my business. Then out of nowhere, a self-proclaimed 5 year veteran enters the arena, and starts laughing at both of them, while his buddy joins in. Its sad how people conform to "peer" (huh?) pressure on the internet. How the hell did that happen in the first place?

How often do you see a "veteran" back up the argument with a newbie player? Huh? Never.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

On the topic of vetrans:

Originally Predicted by Ara
                          Whiterabbits 70000 Light 130000
                          wadi, name one vetran on wr Good Luck Whiterabbits

Comment

Working...
                          X