AXE Poid Immediately for Abusing Staff Powers, and Axe/Punish Paradise/Sheriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
    Right now I'm trying to figure out what I want to actually do with staff training. With the change in Staff Structure, it will need to be changed. It does serve it's intended purpose, but it can be changed to be much more effective. I just need to figure out what all I need to do exactly to make it work better.
    He does have a good point, Shadd, but honestly I'm not sure it's a training issue. It's more systemic, and what I've referred to as "staff being afraid of its own shadow." The shadow is long and old, and it frightens us sometimes. We don't know what to do for fear of betraying the sanctity of past tradition.

Thankfully that's been letting up a bit as of late, and with LF rehired to event staff, we are seeing a return to the old ways, when a host could have a good time, be a little weird, inappropriate, encourage a relaxed and enjoyable environment, not just host what's requested but try to challenge people with new events ... It's being part of a unique experience, something you basically can get NOWHERE else, and often playing with people you've known for years, people you can interact with, have a good time with.

I had a damn good time in LF's hosting spree recently, probably the best time I've had playing events in a long time. One of the reasons I often don't want to play events these days (after joining staff to host and create them) is because usually a host does focus too intently on the game mechanics, as if the event should stand for itself. Nah... pub, events, etc. all rely on a relaxed atmosphere where winning is a nice bonus, but the goal should really be having a good time. *arena Welcome to (arenaname)! I'll be your host! -Host <ER>%2 *arena We are playing elim to 10! -Host <ER> :robobot:!spec 10 *arena GOGOGO%104 *arena Thanks for playing! -Host <ER>%2 ... doesn't really count as an event so much as a ritual, a burnt offering to the old dead gods.

We are imitating ourselves, like an author who had a great first novel and got caught up in its success so much that he's unable to produce anything as good ever again.

If we were to change one thing in training to mitigate a bit of the damage, it might be to emphasize how important it is to continue to enjoy yourself as a host. Don't be afraid to say something a bit off-color, so long as you aren't mean-spirited. Don't be afraid to try something odd, something that's never been tried before. Make up your own game and watch it flop hard or succeed, and be unapologetic regardless of the outcome. (You can easily make one up manually using a combination of zone and bot commands, or you could see how powerful TWScript can be.)

And don't be afraid to bend what you think are the rules of hosting, if it will help people have a good time. Often those rules are more just conceptions about what a host should be -- professional? Courteous? Helpful? OK, a host should help out as needed, but being professional for an event host honestly means acting like a bit of a jackass sometimes. The goal is entertainment. If you think you're going to get in trouble for it (and you might, with the number of rules for staff being several hundred times larger than they were back in the day), take a chance anyway, with the hope that context will explain your actions: you were trying to keep things lively for your players. Let the ban staff maintain the grim complexion. Your goal is to goof off and give a damn about people having fun more than anything else. You'll have a good time, they'll have a good time, and you'll have a subtle but radical effect on the culture of staff and TW as a whole.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Can I ask one thing... how is moving a thread a coverup? That's like hiding your car by parking it in your neighbor's driveway.
      what a stupid question

i agree, moving your car to a junkyard after murdering someone in it is definitely not a coverup
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Right now I'm trying to figure out what I want to actually do with staff training. With the change in Staff Structure, it will need to be changed. It does serve it's intended purpose, but it can be changed to be much more effective. I just need to figure out what all I need to do exactly to make it work better.
        One of the issues is that staffers move more freely between departments, and each department SHOULD be handling their individual training beyond initial staff training.
        I will also admit to being less active as of late (#blameSkyrim), so some of the issue with that could be properly placed on me.
        Something for WillBy and myself to work on with our current hosts.
        How about you figure out the structure of banning so I can get fucking unbanned so I can go back and own you kids like I always do. Staff has been down the drain since dock> quit. Staff is worthless atm, if they wanted to help the community you would have seen 500 players playing in tw right now but you don't cause staff suck at promoting this game get some new blood and fix this shit lazy fucks. Shouldn't even staff if u guys cant even reach quota ffs.
        Last edited by 2pac; 02-14-2014, 11:51 PM.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
          How about you figure out the structure of banning so I can get fucking unbanned so I can go back and own you kids like always do. Staff has been down the drain since dock> quit. Staff is worthless atm, if they wanted to help the community you would have seen 500 players playing in tw right now but you don't cause staff suck at promoting this game get some new blood and fix this shit lazy fucks. Shouldn't even staff if u guys cant even reach quota ffs.
          Sure, I'll just get right on top of telling Dezmond to change everything for you. Can't be at the top of my to-do list though, going bowling with Obama tomorrow and got a busy day of playing go-fish with Putin sunday.
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Sure, I'll just get right on top of telling Dezmond to change everything for you. Can't be at the top of my to-do list though, going bowling with Obama tomorrow and got a busy day of playing go-fish with Putin sunday.
            See what im saying you can't get anything across staff these days...

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
              How about you figure out the structure of banning so I can get fucking unbanned so I can go back and own you kids like I always do. Staff has been down the drain since dock> quit. Staff is worthless atm, if they wanted to help the community you would have seen 500 players playing in tw right now but you don't cause staff suck at promoting this game get some new blood and fix this shit lazy fucks. Shouldn't even staff if u guys cant even reach quota ffs.
              At some point you're going to realize that everyone in TW just sees you as an angry little child throwing a tantrum. It doesn't even matter what you say anymore. At some point you might actually say something intelligent, but nobody will even be listening because they're just going to assume that you're spouting the same old drivel as always.

It's like God vomited on TW and you were born. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole Surfer View Post
                At some point you're going to realize that everyone in TW just sees you as an angry little child throwing a tantrum. It doesn't even matter what you say anymore. At some point you might actually say something intelligent, but nobody will even be listening because they're just going to assume that you're spouting the same old drivel as always.

It's like God vomited on TW and you were born. Get it?
                Bro are you serious? You don't even play trenchwars at all I see you is spec in EG. Not everyone in TW hates me you know why, cause i dont take shit from staff cause they are corrupt. I talk all the shit I can because I back the shit I say. Your just another worthless dick riding player chiming in for a handout. How much dick do you suck for staff position? ALOT?

God shitted and you were born. Get that?
                Last edited by 2pac; 02-15-2014, 02:35 AM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

who is this guy?

Comment

some faggot that got permabanned from tw and still sucks dicks on the forums or something
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                      some faggot that got permabanned from tw and still sucks dicks on the forums or something
                      <3
                      Last edited by 2pac; 02-16-2014, 06:25 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

edit
                        Last edited by 2pac; 02-16-2014, 06:25 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                        X