No announcement yet.

DISTENSION Ship-Balance Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that Qan has limited Distension to prevent it from crashing the server. I read this as if you try to expand Distension on the current server it will cause problems. In other words, growing/promoting Distension is a waste of time unless we get a new server. Enjoy it for what it is now, I assume that small tweaks could be done but you aren’t going to see a second arena or a big expansion in its current form. I also assume that if TW went to a new as3 server then Distension might be able to be re-written and the limits removed.

In many ways this is a lot like hockey. For various reasons hockey can’t be grown or expanded and it too is also a waste of time to promote it beyond what it currently is. I guess if TW and HZ could ever work out their difference that might change but for now it too is really in limbo.
    eph

Comment

Too many prizes in short times is the problem. Rearm rate was already slowed once or twice to handle so many high lvl players to help mitigate the problem.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

My thoughts..

Terr: emp needs to be limited in Long rounds.

Jav: give it fixed position shrap instead of random, decrease bomb radius a tad.

Lev: Maybe reduce the shrap/Lev emp radius?

Spider: Same with terr emp, super needs to be reduced.

Shark: Give sharks the same colour/level shrap as javs, i've noticed for me personally, buying shrap is useless with a shark, shark gets very little shrap and it's the red version (level 3.) So if shark gets so little shrap, you might aswell increase the damage the shrap does.
        FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
        Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
        FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
        Burzum> meaning what
        Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
        RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

I believe shrap level is dependent on your bullet lvl.
          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

having fixed shrap affects all ships, so lev and shark will also be affected

pro tip: sell shark guns for lv3 shrapnels
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I love how ironic it is, this isnt even a TW arena anymore, when you're just messing with ship settings. If you wanna play a different ship go play another zone, or move this activity killing arena out of the zone once and for all. TWD dead whenever Distension is on. Distension causing TW lag problems still wasn't properly fixed. If it's a Final Fantasy characther evolving type of experience your after, go buy it. Come dislike my post, distension newbies (its a direct correlation with the fact most playing Distension are dreadfull players out of it.) Suck my Portuguese 8 inches tanned cock.
              Last edited by Stayon; 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM.
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

Indeed the lanc is a little underwhelming at later levels, the x radar could do to be changed so that recharge rate is not effected, it wouldn't change the game very much but at least it would become somewhat viable at preventing x's. Alternatively, having leeching at 15% might make the lanc a little more formidable without making it significantly more powerful.
                killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                  TWD dead whenever Distension is on. Distension causing TW lag problems still wasn't properly fixed. .
                  I love it how these silly little league players think they are the center of the universe.

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                  Suck my Portuguese 8 inches tanned cock
                  $20 Please.
                  "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spock! View Post
                    I love it how these silly little league players think they are the center of the universe.

$20 Please.
                    Are you new here? Don't want to be rude, but I never saw you here.

In case you haven't noted most of the people that form TW's real comunity (after going through the pub phase) since ever are the ones on Staff, league players (twd/twl) and the ones here on the boards as they all are connected to TWD. If you want, you can break it down in two, the pub community, much less organized and ocasional, and the TWD community. Which means most of Distension players come from the TWD community and a few pubbers, so we're all holding hands.

Ill give a recent and systematic example. Player logs in, there's only two arenas going, everything else is dead. Pub and Distension. Player either logs off, since there's no elim/base/wbduel/javduel/twd/events going, or plays pub or Distension. I already seen people that didn't use to, starting to play Distension because they barely have options left.

Your "silly little game" that has nothing to with TW, not only kills activity, ocasionally makes the zone lag, and still forces people to choose to either play it or log off. This is what's always happened with this terrible arena, im not making anything up.

If you want to see it, come to Lisbon so I can hit your forehead with it.
                    Last edited by Stayon; 03-15-2014, 12:34 PM.
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Stayon,
                      Distension is enjoy by many people including a large group of staffers. When I see it running and there are usually at least 5-6, and sometimes many more, staffers playing. I also notice that it usually has a higher percentage of ‘vets’ playing then players who I consider pub players. I’m not sure I have ever seen a real noob (< few hours of playing time) in it.

But I see nothing wrong with having an event that is attended (and enjoyed) by staffer and more experienced players. Obviously the zone needs a variety of features to attract the widest player base possible.

That said, the frequency and duration of all events needs to be further understood. Staffers appear to fire off events without much regard to its impact on pub or other features. TWD has most certainly been impacted by Distension as has hockey. All too often we have seen various events rape pub and reduce it to a 4 vs 5 game. Staff needs much better stats and metrics on the impact of events so they can make better decisions about them.

We can keep dancing around this issue; but there is no denying that we are simply cutting up this population pie into smaller and smaller pieces. Distension isn’t going to save this zone. Hockey isn’t going to save this zone. TWD or TWL isn’t going to save this zone. Only one thing that WILL keep this zone going; attracting new players and getting them to hang around. IMO, the running of any event should always be considered in the context of how it will impact the rest of the zone.
                      eph

Comment

ever considered that the reason twd is dead and dist is not is because dist is fun and twd is not
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

People really need to start reading titles, lets stop turning any/every distension related thread into 'It hurts the zone'.
                          This thread was supposed to be about ship settings so lets stick to that, if you want to comment a separate issue feel free to voice your concerns in a separate and appropriately titled thread.
                          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

- Fixed position shrap on all ships, to prevent shrap from double-stacking and making it somewhat easier to dodge.

Aside: do all shrap upgrades start with just 1 shrap? How does each upgrade multiply? Shark shrap upgrades seem disproportionate compared to the other ships, unless the intention for that is because sharks can mine a bunch, thus increasing the total shrap they have. I suppose fixed shrap would only be detrimental to sharks mostly, but I'm okay with that.
                            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

iirc each ship gets # shrap per green up to ship max from 0, max max is 31

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Levi is definitely on my radar in terms of needing reworking... as someone pointed out, though, it's difficult to do, as it's the only ship not really part of the standard TW basing game (yes, Stayon, believe it or not, Dist is based on TW settings). I just don't know if you can incorporate a straight bombing ship into basing very easily.

Some possibilities for Levi:

- Reduce EMP a great deal and bomb damage somewhat, but fairly radically increase the bomb speed, reduce fire delay and reduce fire cost. Straight rapid-fire bomber.
                                - Low damage but higher amounts of shrapnel, including some by default, possibly.
                                - Triple-bounce.

Regardless, though, L3 on the Levi is going to be hard to use in a base environment. You could hold down mid with it, sure, but once in base you're praying for L2. Not really sure what to do about that, aside from adjusting bomb radius in general, which would of course mean -- once again -- affecting all ships that use bombs. (SS settings work is so .. much.. fun...)

Re: shrap, changing it to non-random might be a nice idea. Would give people a reason to have specific shrap amounts, though... and some of those are EXTREMELY deadly in experienced hands. I would say if we did this, shrap damage would need to be reduced (it's currently 100% of your bullet damage), as well as possibly shrap speed. We still could reduce shrap speed by a bit, regardless, to cut down on its random slaying potential. But would need to compensate the shrap-using ships somehow if so.

Re: Terr EMP, it was changed so that there is a maximum of 1 EMP per army per minute. So Terrs can still save them up, but can't use them rapid-fire, and 2 Terrs can't do them back-to-back, either.
                                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X