No announcement yet.

DISTENSION Ship-Balance Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the other setting sound groovy qan, but triple bounce would just be terrible. There is a reason I don't play hyperspace........
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Tripple bounce but short alivetime could work
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
        Some possibilities for Levi:

- Reduce EMP a great deal and bomb damage somewhat, but fairly radically increase the bomb speed, reduce fire delay and reduce fire cost. Straight rapid-fire bomber.
        - Low damage but higher amounts of shrapnel, including some by default, possibly.
        - Triple-bounce.

Re: shrap, changing it to non-random might be a nice idea. Would give people a reason to have specific shrap amounts, though... and some of those are EXTREMELY deadly in experienced hands. I would say if we did this, shrap damage would need to be reduced (it's currently 100% of your bullet damage), as well as possibly shrap speed. We still could reduce shrap speed by a bit, regardless, to cut down on its random slaying potential. But would need to compensate the shrap-using ships somehow if so.
        For the shrap thing, I think deadly in experienced hands is a lot better than lucky in a novices hand. as I feel the current random shrap is. It would imply, albeit very simply, that bombers would start thinking more about how to "aim" their bombs, rather than simply lobbing and hoping for the best. People will still lob, but with fixed, there is an additional thought on the bombers part to consider where their shrap is going.

For the proposed levi changes, adding more (in terms of bomb delay/added shrap), would decrease the skill factor of the ship. It becomes more of a spray'n'pray ship, which, when the population gets higher, could become detrimental to the gameplay within flagrooms. For jav bombs, they have splash radius, but nme ships can still heal, which is why shrap as a secondary "attack" makes sense, in my eyes. With the levi, you could say the secondary "attack" is the emp (direct bomb damage is less, yes, but you get the idea). Increasing the amount of shrap (reducing the requirements) would mean that levi bombs would have a stronger third attack as well.

lvl3 emp bombs will most likely be OP. but it is a very double edged sword. You can't (or at least shouldn't) just lob the bomb and hope for the best, because it becomes a liability to your team. Playing around with the splash radius would be a good start, but I am weary about the bounce/+shrap idea. Also, you've put the levi as a support ship, so I guess what needs to also be considered is: Will your proposed ideas for the levi change be in line with the support aspect of that ship? If you are going to go your route of proposed ideas, I would say the levi bomb should be decreased (or at least, make lvl2/lvl3 bombs available later on or more costly), so that the emps would be the main support feature.
        Last edited by project dragon; 03-20-2014, 01:47 PM.
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

on the other side of the coin, by adding shrap and reducing emptime + splash, there is a huge reduction in TKs and the whiny idiots who are bad at energy management associated with them
          that way when i get a enemy 3fer + 1 dumbass from 1 bomb hit, i dont end up with a sum of -25rp anymore

this whole thing is very similar to the whining about LTs in pub as well.
          having 2 bounces in tw really hasnt been done before, and might actually do well with splash/emp reductions, in addition to adding interesting new play styles
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
          X