Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rip trench wars?

rip.

heard there was some massive DDoS attack targeting most servers, for the sake of the zone i hope shit gets back up fast enough. could staff keep us informed if ya know anything about the current situation?

whole of SSC seems to be gone yo
    TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
    TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
    TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

everyone is in T3 Gauntlet lmao
      TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Mom

• No Posts
        • SSC Operator
        • 26 posts

Posted 41 minutes ago
        I just emailed Priit as well to kick the servers back into gear.
        TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

I have contacted SSC Ops (including Mom and SpaceHiker) and PriitK by email. Mom also then became aware of the situation and contacted PriitK.

Everything is being handled as quickly as possible to get the servers back online. I would also like to remind people so far that there is no evidence that the servers are being DDoS'd. Some individual servers that have gone down (show red) apparently are fine (no evidence of malfunctioning). So until actual proof comes out, let's just take a breather and stop perpetuating rumors.

I'll try to keep everyone informed as we move along.

Sincerely,
          Lefty
          sigpic

Comment

heard goddess sat on servers.. rip tw
            5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
            5:beam> this show incredibly racist
            5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
            5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

From the subspace forums: http://www.subspace.co/topic/27357-c...-under-attack/

Mom> I just emailed Priit as well to kick the servers back into gear.

Jowie> I am indeed seeing a big increase in traffic on my SSC server:

Jowie> My hosting provider confirmed it is a (low layer) denial of service attack targeted directly against the server. It even affected other machines they are hosting

Mom> Priit usually responds fairly quickly when the servers are down. Just need to be patient until this gets sorted.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

well if I wake kryn up we can host the ASSS version of TW as its not on the SSC. Wakey Wakey Kryn!!

Comment

The attacks all started when dice was about 2 minutes from losing TWLB. It's possible that someone is just bitter about losing. It's sad that they'd choose take out their frustration on the game they obviously like.

DOSing a server is never the answer. Sometimes people think that they'll keep DOSing a server until the admins give them what they want. However, this never works, since if the admins gave in they'd just be inviting more attacks.
                  Last edited by HEHE Meat; 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Whats good with SS ? staff do you know anything more yet

Comment

Funny how Stylez tells people in Wolf chat about Fierce knowing how to DDoS and how apok, skepsis, dele, vys and others would be in an arena teaching each other how to cheat...and now this happens with Fierce in finals. I respect the people in this game who've learned to play the legit way. Others give reasons to believe that they're using some sort of hack that's undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                        Others give reasons to believe that they're using some sort of hack that's undetected.
                        Why would anyone use a hack that can be detected, or a cheat thats visible? That would defeat the purpose. Thats how stupid mods are at this point.

Many people cheat, or at least have cheated in the past. I just assumed most mods or staff were involved in it, since they were in the past.

But maybe its just 15-30 top players as usual. Not that I care really because I already warned people of this 100x over on these forums and in 2004 or so when it was an epidemic.

As for the DDos attacks, I guess someone doesnt like SS/TW for some reason.. i wonder.... Oh well call the retired guy who doesnt care and passes leadership to people with no brains who let people cheat for 10 years and think that ships with what looks like 20% ploss in 3% ploss limited arenas is just lag.

Comment

Originally posted by HEHE Meat View Post
                          The attacks all started when dice was about 2 minutes from losing TWLB. It's possible that someone is just bitter about losing. It's sad that they'd choose take out their frustration on the game they obviously like.

DOSing a server is never the answer. Sometimes people think that they'll keep DOSing a server until the admins give them what they want. However, this never works, since if the admins gave in they'd just be inviting more attacks.

reminds me of silent death, a game run by EA, after it was on AOL games. a hacker named SHZ crashed the servers every day after i and a few others exposed his cheating/hacks in the game. he also used software that was not detectable by any game servers, much like this game doesnt detect many cheats most likely.

he won in the end, EA shut down the game after daily server crashes and cheating epidemics.

The game endured a turbulent time here plagued by crackers exploiting bugs in the game, but nonetheless maintained a devoted following. To the disappointment of many fans, the game was discontinued on December 7, 2001

long story short ... "is never the answer" depends on what the hackers intent is. If he wanted to fuck with SS and TW he already succeeded and it was the answer to him apparently.
                          Last edited by BooBiesYaY; 04-03-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

this is like mafia, some hidden person is killing the zone. We must make guesses as to who it is and kill them until the DDOS'ing stops.
                            1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                            JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                            1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                            http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

wot the heck happen tw wot the wot? wot the ddos u do tw wot the u say u wot u say ddos tw say u goddess u wot? u wot ss tw rip u wot the u say i wot? u say wot u zid u wot the heck i say u wot u child u wot? wot u say rip tw wot i say ddos tw wot the best wot u say u wot the wot u say i wot

wot?
                              1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
                              1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
                              1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
                              1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
                              1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
                              1:paradise> alie?

Comment

Working...
                              X