We need pure pubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need pure pubs

we're all sick of the lameness of the levis. there is no precision or accuracy needed to fly them. im tired of being killed by stray bombs half the screen away from me, and im tired of terribly lopsided fights for base. as ive been told, priitk loves his levi. well with this solution he can keep them. i dont know how it would work, but im sure a lot of people would be very relieved to see these. let me toss a few suggestions in the air.

-there should be no levis at all. not even base levis.
    -there should be limits on certain ships. this would prevent a team full of javs. and no more than 2 terrs per freq.
    -there should be a small usage limit to keep out the total newbies.
    -spectators should not be allowed (unless mods)
    -the bot (im assuming a bot would be used) would tell people to go to base, like in baseelim, forcing people to base
    -the number of these pubs should depend on their popularity.
    -the bot would announce people with high scores, and other notable stats periodically to encourage more quality in the basing.
    -people would have to be directed into these pubs as they logged in as well as the other chaotic pubs. i think that if they dont get to base in 15 seconds they should be automatically directed to another pub or something.

come on. this should work. you cant really use the fact that it could damage the existance of the LT here. If so many people played these pubs instead of regular sscu leviwars pubs that levis would have no one to bomb in base... well i guess that says something about what people think about levis. but i doubt that will be the case.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Bleh, nevermind, thought you were talking about all of tw
    Last edited by Evasive; 07-08-2003, 10:45 PM.

Comment

a bot can.. cant it?

and in case u missunderstood, there would still be regular pubs with levs and shit.
      Last edited by za gophar; 07-08-2003, 10:09 PM.
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>na

Comment

Re: We need pure pubs

Originally posted by za gophar
        -there should be no levis at all. not even base levis.
        I agree with this, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

-there should be limits on certain ships. this would prevent a team full of javs. and no more than 2 terrs per freq.
        I agree with this point as well, and would love to see it enforced. Today I witnessed a freq of 8 javs and one terrier in the flagroom at once. One word describes it: mayhem.

-there should be a small usage limit to keep out the total newbies.
        I disagree with this point. I think the point of such an arena would be to encourage basing and get people excited about the... "sport"... if you will. Thusly it should be open to everyone.

-spectators should not be allowed (unless mods)
        I don't know how you would enforce this one. Plus I don't think it's necessarily a great idea to begin with.

-the bot (im assuming a bot would be used) would tell people to go to base, like in baseelim, forcing people to base
        100% agreed. This feature, along with the high scores, would be my favorite.

-the number of these pubs should depend on their popularity.
        One should be tried for a testing phase, and then judgement can be passed from there.

-the bot would announce people with high scores, and other notable stats periodically to encourage more quality in the basing.
        Again, a great suggestion.

-people would have to be directed into these pubs as they logged in as well as the other chaotic pubs. i think that if they dont get to base in 15 seconds they should be automatically directed to another pub or something.
        I'm not sure if bots are allowed to send people to different pubs, I'm not sure if that's in their capabilities. But an interesting idea.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

thanks for the input. one thing though:

I disagree with this point. I think the point of such an arena would be to encourage basing and get people excited about the... "sport"... if you will. Thusly it should be open to everyone.
          point well taken fit. i included the usage limit because looking back on the time when i had less than about 15 hours of usage, i realized that I wouldnt have lasted long in that arena. i was mainly just flying around the spawn area trying to memorize keys and familiarize myself with things such as attaching. i could barely even get into base on my own let alone help my team. for that reason i would lean toward a small usage limit of about 10-25 hours just because complete newbs to the game probably wont even know what is going on there. either way, it isnt really the most important part of this whole matter.
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>na

Comment

That would be like heaven but... as usual, no one will do anything about it. However, if they decide to do something about it, it would probably be something like adding a decoy to the weasel and removing 1 or 2 HP to the leviathan to "encourage basing"
            WMMMM0 MMMMM ZMMMMMM7iMMMMM 8MMMM a aMMMX;
            MM0;MM MM M2 M8 M SMS rM MM MM 8MMMMMMM
            MM MM8MM MM ,M MM2MM BM M0.M0 MM
            MM 8MM MM MM ;MM MM iMM: ,MM8.MM MM
            MMMMMMM MBMMMM MMMM2 MMWMMMM MMMMMMM ZMM iMM
            ra8Z2Zi :8Za2@ W, rS8ZaZB rS7 rZM 8Wa

Comment

I like these ideas and i agree with everything that fit said above. I still have to say leave some of the normal publics in TW. I know people will like the changes but im sure many people would like to see and play in the pubs we got now. A great idea, as long as some of the normal pubs stay
              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

I've always thought that the only bad thing about the lev was that it's damage radius is HUGE. If it were smaller it probably be considered more of a skill ship.

Comment

And that's really all the change you'd need to make. Anything else is far too drastic.

Comment

fuck me in the goat ass
                    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                    \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                    << evoce >>
                    /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                    TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                    TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

Maybe all we need are some arenas with the setting we have on Pure Basing weekends to be up all the time. For example: ?go purebase1, ?go purebase2 etc

Keep the levi in though. A skilled levi that manages to get into the base is definetly worth having.
                      Warpath

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph
                        Maybe all we need are some arenas with the setting we have on Pure Basing weekends to be up all the time. For example: ?go purebase1, ?go purebase2 etc

Keep the levi in though. A skilled levi that manages to get into the base is definetly worth having.
                        I think that would be a good idea. But we should limit the levi to one per team. And if they tk once they get there ship changed $$$ riiight.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                        ---
                        5:waven> freeze
                        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                        5:Freeze> LOL
                        5:waven> that's how things work around here
                        --
                        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph
                          ?go basing

I agree with about half the stuff that gophar mentioned, but I think it's entirely unlikely that it will happen in any form due to the work involved and the resistance that will be likely mounted. So I'm with TK and suffi, just reducing the blast radius would be a great change.

Comment

All that really needs to be done to the lev is make the damage it does from it's bomb less. It's not right that you can die with full health from a bomb that hits a wall 6-7 ship lengths away.
                            sdg

Comment

an arena that people would have to type ?go purebase to get to would never work. and reducing the blast radius to warzone power would be good, but it still wouldnt make an arena where everyone based.

and the problem with what nem said is that it would mess up the get to base in 15 seconds rule. and there really arent many levis who will ever get to the flagroom in an arena with a lot of basing. they will get close enough to bomb the basers and give them a bad time, but never get to the flag room, for the most part. a couple good levis doesnt make up for hundreds of horrible ones.
                              Last edited by za gophar; 07-09-2003, 11:06 AM.
                              apt>yes u can wtf
                              apt>na

Comment

Working...
                              X