Banned - innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eeks
    It would be a lot more effective to hide the fruit from Adam. Telling him 100 times not to eat it makes sure that he won't be able to resist.
    We all know that Adam can't ever resist fruits.
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

You can't ‘legislate’ morality. While it’s true many laws are based in moral and religious tenets, one should be careful about thinking that this is a bi-directional situation. For example, just because many laws are based in what a society thinks is ‘moral’, it does not imply that all laws are morally ‘right’. Take late 1930’s German law, where it was acceptable to gather people up and send them off to camps.

This being said, I don’t believe that rules or laws have a significant chance of changing anyone’s deep-root prejudices or beliefs. The best we can hope for is to communicate to everyone that mouthing off certain highly inflammatory words and disrupting the game will not be tolerated. These words are not like other words, just as certain unlawful acts in the US are classified as ‘hate crimes’. If you physically assault me to take my money, this is defined as an ‘assault and battery’ felony. If you physically assault me in exactly the same way, but your motivation is because you don’t like my skin color, this is significantly more important and you can be charged with a federal ‘hate’ crime. Why is this when both physical assaults are the same? It’s because we feel that certain highly inflammatory crimes can disrupt our society more than a simple robbery.

As someone who has corporate responsibility, I can assure you that no public American company would tolerate the kind of BS racial behavior that I see in TW. Companies don’t give a shit if someone is a racist, but I can tell you guys that most companies will fire you on the spot if you start mouthing off with words like ‘jigger’. Same for trying to press the limits of any rules, might as well learn now that you should always choose your battles carefully.

Comment

i ban for racist intent

there is no set list of racist words (although some are definately racist without a doubt), it is up to a moderator's judgement.

if you are trying to push your luck, you will be banned. a spoon is a spoon says the dictionary, yes, but if i decided i wanted it to be a racist remark, it could be.
        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
        Philos> there is something about you
        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

That's rather elitist, don't you think Rand?
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
            We all know that Adam can't ever resist fruits.
            One Word Extinguisher is a TREMENDOUS album.
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Obviously we don't all agree on what's obscene, but I have the right to chose what I want to read and see. The idea behind the filter was to block anything that might offend you, and I find it funny that anyone can possibly be offended over the internet in a spaceship game chat. The only reason that I can possibily agree that someone should be banned for racism is if they purposely add letters or numbers so people who chose not to see offensive words see them. Most people who have been getting repeatedly banned for racism have kept doing it because they get attention from it.

Comment

Eeks: why would people use ghettotalk when they dont live in ghettos and why would people use words related to racism, when they can use other words too ? Its their own choice and they know its bannable. Maybe the real racists do not get banned, but whats the defination of a real racist ?

If you look at it in a political way: real racists who dont express it in public but keep it for themselves are less dangerous then people who express themselves in a racist matter with or without believing in what they are saying. Why ? Because they can have influence on the crowd. In politics loads of people go with the flow, without even thinking about what they are saying, but they vote for someone with charisma etc. Thats why, if you are racist, you should keep it for yourself and dont harrass others with it. The civil war was won by the Yankees, the confederation was done. Lets keep it that way, even though this is just a 2d-spaceship game.
                .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                zzz

Comment

I'm not saying racist words shouldn't be banned. I think staff should just concentrate more on racists with targets.
                  Originally posted by Diakka
                  Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Hmm yeah maybe your right.
                    .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                    .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                    zzz

Comment

Originally posted by Nasir
                      The civil war was won by the Yankees, the confederation was done. Lets keep it that way, even though this is just a 2d-spaceship game.
                      And then there is the rest of the world.
                      Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I guess he's having super fun talking about things that can get you banned, btw I agree with da1 on the fact that hattifnatt and bilbo could go to hell.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                          I guess he's having super fun talking about things that can get you banned, btw I agree with da1 on the fact that hattifnatt and bilbo could go to hell.
                          That's nice and all considering I have never talked with you. Most of the people here have formed their opinions after conversating with me. Both the people who like and dislike me.
                          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                            hattifnatt and bilbo could go to hell.
                            uh couldn't we all
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                            X