100 Good Trench Wars Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodzombie

Rule, I understand you make this list to aknowledge players that you think deserve it, but seriously, the only responses you ever get are "what about me?" or "I don't think it's a good list because..."
    A) WHERE AM I!?!?!!

B) I dont think its a good list because basing is what Trench Wars should be all about and most of the people you listed were duelers. Dueling sucks right now, you try to fight with one guy and he runs off to join his team mates... where's the honour there? I remember the good old days of dueling where its ?go #swvsds or whatever and you start in the safes in a regular pub map with no bots or mods or any of that bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
      BZ's just mad he didn't get put on the list.

There's no reason I would be on the list becasue I suck at javs and dueling. I have no problem with the list, it's the idiotic replies that bug me.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Honestly, who really cares about who is the best in Trench Wars, it's a fucking 2d game, if you have fun, that is all that matters, and all that should matter.
        To this i just say one thing:

Losers play for fun, winners have fun

i doubt any1 doesnt play to win at some point, at least whoever plays leagues, and if u do win wy not care if u are acknowledged? im not saying put uor life into it , but its normal to be happy about it
        There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
          Rule's list consists a lot of people who are good at one ship and one ship only.

I once started a topic about 'what do you consider as a vet', most people agreed on that 'a vet' or 'a top player' is someone who is very good at playing at least 2 ships, in my opinion, good at at least 2 out of 3 league events (jav base duel).

There is a list of players I think would made into top 100 list if you take all the 'single event leets' out of Rules list :

Arobas+
          eeks
          Phrenitis
          pv=nrt

Rule plays wbs and he put too much emphasize on wb when he made up his top 100 list. Also he doesn't base that much, so his list of basers is almost solely based on league stats.
          From what Ive seen most players who have been around for at least 2-3 years have put in enough hours in most ships to be considered at least decent. There are a lot of players (myself included) who love playing one or two ships and cant stand playing other ones. Just because someone isnt actively playing a ship doesnt necessarily mean they arnt good in it. Of course if you hate playing something you would be less inclined to try very hard or do as well ....

Comment

darn... only 1.5 more years and i will be considered at least decent in most ships...

Comment

Rule, I understand you make this list to aknowledge players that you think deserve it, but seriously, the only responses you ever get are "what about me?" or "I don't think it's a good list because..."
              You would think so by reading the recent replies. I actually get alot of thanks from people who enjoyed reading it. Most of the people who get offended consist of:

- those who disagree and say so in a normal manner- And thats fine.
              - ignorant-immature type
              - those that are annoyed there not on it
              - Just plain idiots
              - those who did not read the first post properly

I did not rank this list, I did not say it consisted of the 100 best, I made clear to say its mostly wb/javs with some base exceptions, and that it is primarily based around the leagues (not pub- Telc@t and company) I just put down my opinion, and all opinions are biased.
              Last edited by Rule; 09-08-2003, 11:44 PM.

Comment

FYI the guys that Telcat mentioned, aren't really pubbers.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

no they are spiders sharks or whatever and they are not the best at wat they do inside a base , and rule clearly stated that only a few exceptional basers are there , they might be good but none of telcats list is exceptional
                  There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rule
                    I did not rank this list, I did not say it consisted of the 100 best, I made clear to say its mostly wb/javs with some base exceptions, and that it is primarily based around the leagues (not pub- Telc@t and company) I just put down my opinion, and all opinions are biased.
                    You title is '100 Good Trench Wars players', not '100 Good league players'. I listed people who I thought were decent all rounders, they might play in pubs but they are definitely not pure pubbers, lol.

Originally posted by Luckily Yours
                    no they are spiders sharks or whatever and they are not the best at wat they do inside a base , and rule clearly stated that only a few exceptional basers are there , they might be good but none of telcats list is exceptional
                    True, none of them top the elim/belim ranking, but as I have said, most of them if not all of them are decent in all 3 leagues (basing, jav duel).

Different people have different standard, I know players like Rudy and elemental took a year to get very good with wb, and some jav players took slightly higher than 1000 hours (proximately a year) to top belim's ranking.

The thing is that I do not think it's fair to say some player who played TW for a year and a half and ranks in the top 50 in elim is a better player then who played this game for 5 years who ranks 150 in belim, 120 in elim, who is also a good shark and decent spider.

EDIT: aslo its impossible to become the later in a year and half's time, in fact it's hard to achieve that in 3 years time.
                    Last edited by TelC@t; 09-09-2003, 12:21 PM.
                    Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

its not the least bit hard to reach top 50 .... u see, thats wy u arent on the list

Comment

I wouldn't make to the list regardless whether I have skill or not, I hardly ever turn up for league matches (that happen to always take place at 5am in my local time)
                        Last edited by TelC@t; 09-09-2003, 01:36 PM.
                        Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

why are you people fighting over this?
                          Dice
                          TWLB Champions Season 8
                          TWLJ Champions Season 8
                          TWLB Champions Season 10
                          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Disq, eDome score newb!
                            Ara / AraGee / Death
                            SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                            SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                            TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                            ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+
                              why are you people fighting over this?
                              Wasn't that the point of this exercise?

Comment

Can you smell the discontent brewing?

Relax, this is just Rule's take; it's not proving anything. It's for fun, and like he said at the beginning- it's biased based on his opinion. If you want to be on a list, make one up yourself. It still won't prove anything though.
                                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                                X