Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Good Trench Wars Players

Hello

A few years ago, I did a post on the top 100 Trench Wars Players of the time on the old board. Recently I decided it was time to do another one. This list is based on player performance in TWL Leagues- All 3 leagues Primarily LJ and LD however exceptions have been made for exceptional base players. This list also includes a few players who play TWD only, some rookies who show potential, and some older players who play less but still standout. This is meant to be a current list, so it does not include past TW greats who are no longer with us, or players who are very inactive.

As for rankings. To fairly rank everyone is impossible, how does one decide who are the 100 Best players and what order they should be in exactly. I don't know- that is why I named this thread 100 Good Trench Wars Players and decided to put the players down by *alphabetical order* (number first) instead of doing it by rank. If anyone does like not like the comments about them let me know and I will remove them- leaving it blank next to the name.

- Rule
    Last edited by Rule; 09-05-2003, 06:19 AM.

A-L

2dragons- Played well in three leagues this season, and Terred Elusive to the semi-finals.
    Very solid in TWL-D during the playoffs, helping Elu to a championship. Also one of the games best smods in my opinion. Now one of the leaders of Syndicate.

a2m- One of Shriek's former caps after his squad dissolved he joined Rampage after the roster lock. When active a good player. Current Squad: Pirates

Abstruct- Seems like a relatively new player- he showed some jav skills this season with Light. Current Squad: Rage

Abyss- Long time co-leader of Sk8 and a good jav, Abyss played in both leagues this season.

Acidmouse- Played in all of British Squad’s TWL-D games this season. Acidmouse is a skilled Warbird who plays well without the backing of a good wb squad.

Aerin- another player who seems new - Aerin played for Shriek this season, and showed some impressive wb skills. I do not know what his current squad is.

Aim2kill- Disoblige player who seems less active these days. When on top of his game seems like a solid jav.

Amputate- A young player (12) , Amp had a very good first season with Sk8 and has proven himself as a skilled Jav on the rise. I think Amp has a lot of potential and may develop into one of the games best javelins. I don’t know all the new players from those I know I would say Amp would be the top candidate for rookie of the year. Now a member of Syndicate

Annul- The leader of Shriek. I have mixed feelings about Annul who is a long time skilled player, also one of the most active TWD players while his squad was around. Shriek was a solid jav contender until Annul and other caps decided to end there season short.

Anon- Excelled in TWL-D this season for Melee- helping his team reach the finals. A highly skilled warbird.

Appleseed- Disoblige player, Apple is one of those players I think will always be underated as a jav, he was a bit inactive during season but picked it up for the playoffs playing 3 rounds in the finals and helping his team win its first TWL-J championship.

Aprix- Late addition to this list. A good Jav, I think he is a player to watch out for. Current Squad- Rage

Ara- Ara played only 1 LD game this season for Light and no LJ’s. However he shined in base as a spider.

Arcane-. Arc helped Elusive win TWL-D this season, and is one of the most deadly spiders in the game in my opinion. Now a member of Syndicate.

Archer- Archer is a talented warbird, anyone that watched the TWL-D final would know, he played two great rounds and shined in the final. I think Incog’s brother is only bound to get better.

Arrogance- Whiterabbits Cap created a good basing squad this season that just missed the playoffs. He is an exceptional Terr having started all 10 games for WR. *corrected*.

Banzi – was really inactive this season, real life comes first. He was not totally inactive though playing in 4 games in ld/lj. I include him on this list as when more active Banzi is one of the best players in the game.

Bike- Bike’s play in TWL-D was impressive, playing nine games for Dragonguard in its first TWL-D season he notched 3 MVP’s.

Blood- Had an exceptional TWL-D season and played a big role in helping Ramp attain a 10-0 rec in TWL-D. He was also very solid in TWL-J during the season and the early parts of playoffs. Blood’s best game in my opinion was his 18-9 play in round 2 vs Elusive, and though Ramp ultimately lost Blood had another good year and remains one of the best players in the game. Current Squad: Pallies

Bram- Disoblige player who had a solid season in three leagues, one of Diso’s best Wb and a great spider. Too bad he got inactive (or busy) for the playoffs.

Brookus- Anti-Scrub Co-Cap is an excellent Terr and one of the tw’s most avid basers

Burnt- had a great year in TWL-D helping lead his team through a 10-0 season. I think he is one of the games best warbirds whether he is owning in the leagues or elim.

Canock- Crazy Canockout played for Light earlier in the season and then left them mid season and is now with Pirates. A good jav, I think Canock has a lot of potential.

Connection- Connection played in four TWL-D games this season and did well in three of them. I think he has good wb potential.

Cuji- just makes this list. I don’t think he is playing to his full potential, but I have seen him improve a lot, he is a decent spider and jav.

Da1andonly- Da1 is a very good jav and a decent warbird. I think he won Disoblige its first TWLJ championship by having an amazing 16-8 round 3 in the TWL-J finals.

Dark!- Light player. Good Jav. Can’t say I like him much for spamming elusive during playoff finals though.

Decypha- Returned to TW after a break and had a impressive season with Shriek. He is now one of the co-leaders of Dynasty.

Delectable- played with Value this year and is a skilled warbird. He is now leading twd squad Divine.

Demonfaze- If this were to be ranked I think I would have Faze at #1 overall. Reason- he was the most consistent player across three leagues in my opinion. His best play came in the TWL-D semi-finals vs the undefeated Rampage, he played a critical role in winning Elu the game, owning round one (15-8)and being one of the 3 (2d/Epi) to beat ramp on a three on five. Now one of the leaders of Syndicate.

Destroy- was with Light this season. I don’t think he played much, however recently he has been more active. I think he can be a very good jav.

Don’t Try to Resist- I don’t know him very well but watching him I was impressed by his spider play. Spastic has a number of talented spiders who pulled the upset and won the TWLB Championship DTTR can be a rep for all of them though I also mention Jamal.

Download- had an excellent season and playoff run with Disoblige. I think he would be the top candidate for Javelin MVP during the playoffs. His play was excellent and his round one 16-8 vs Elusive showed just how clutch he can be in important games. He is also a skilled warbird.

Dragonscale- may be a player to watch out for next season in wbs. He had 2 MVPS in 3 games this season with Egyptian in TWL-D. Current Squad- Pirates

Dumbrit!- has always been a good warbird. He did well in the few TWL-D games he played this season with light.

Ease- (or With Ease) is a decent player who I think has the potential to get a lot better in both javs and warbirds. Now with Syndicate.

Elemental- No Surrenders best player in warbirds. I think on a more competitive squad he would stand out more.

Epinephrine- my former Co-Cap with Elusive (we are finished now). Epi may not get great scores, but when it comes clutch time he always comes through as he did throughout the TWL-D playoffs. He was also a great shark for Elusive playing every game and helping us get to the semi-finals and almost the finals.

Erad- Played with Light a bit this season, he is a good warbird. Current Squad: Rage

Eric is God- Eric has shown he can still be a competitive warbird. He was solid in the TWL games he played this season.

Escalate- Made two appearances this season when –Solstice- got into the leagues late. In one of those two TWL-D games he shined going 17-5 vs Light. Escalate is a new player with a lot of potential. Now with Syndicate

Evasion- Showed himself to be a skilled Javelin with Shriek this past season. Current Squad: Melee

Exe- Played more of backup sub role with Rampage, and did a good job at that particularly in wbs though he also seems to be a good jav.

Ezo- Earned a league leading high 4 MVPs as a spider in TWLB for Whiterabbits.

Fireballz- Had a decent season in TWL-D and a not so great one in TWL-J, all the same he helped lead his squad to the TWL-J semis.

Force of Nature-. Played a lot of games for Light this season and has developed into a good Javelin.

Foreign- is a skilled warbird who had a decent season with Melee, helping them reach the finals.

Hellzno! – has improved into a solid jav player and is also a good warbird. I think next season Pallies will do a lot better in the playoffs.

Hercules- is a good warbird, and can be a great javelin. He now co-caps Pirates .

Horror- Had a decent season with Ramp and is a good Jav.

Jamal- Spastic. Two Mvps vs Diso in finals. I don’t really know who is the best Spastic spider, Jamal gets mentioned as he stood out when it counts most helping his team win a TWLB Championship.

Joe- was less active this season in leagues though he regularly owns elims up. Now that he is active and has a new monitor expect him to improve more. A good Jav and a developing wb.

Jr5- Spastic Shark, helped them win there first TWLB Championship.

K A N E – played with Value this season. He can be a very good warbird, his best game I think was a 13-5 vs Ramp during the playoffs.

Kickashman- Is a good warbird. Though his play was limited with Elu he picked up a couple of MVPs during season and had some good rounds during the playoffs.

Koan- I think Koan has improved a lot as a player, he was Whiterabbits best Jav in my opinion. He is also a good spider. Current Squad- Pallies

Lemon- is a good jav. After leaving Crips he helped Disoblige win its first TWLJ Championship.

Lordy- does not seem to be around much these days, though in 4 TWL-J games with Shriek he owned getting 3 MVP’s.
    Last edited by Rule; 09-08-2003, 02:12 PM.

Comment

M-Z

Magi Koz- is more of a talker then a player these days, but he can also be a solid jav.

Mantra-Slider- Has capped Diso to its first TWL-J championship. Mantra is a good leader and a decent jav and shark.

Mattey- I think Pallies Mattey can be a highly skilled warbird. In the leagues he did not play that much but owned in the few he was in.

Merce- Was one of Shrieks best Javs during the season. Aka DarkTemp- Dynasty

Mess- Another Shriek player, a dual player good at both javs and wbs. Current Squad: Rage

Metalkid- talented warbird. Never seems to get to much involved in leagues. Played with Value this season .

Mikena- is a well rounded player, skilled in both Wbs and Javs. Currently with Diso.

M_M god- is the one mambo player I have on my list, he is an excellent Shark and a good Jav.

Mongrel- maybe a player to watch out for next season. Time will tell. Current Squad- Syndicate

Mr. Spam- I think Mr. Spam was the best jav in the league during the season. The funny thing is I remember when people thought he was not good enough for Elusive. Now one of the leaders of Syndicate.

Mythrandir- Is a very good Terr- and a decent jav/wb who has also given TW the TWD system which I think will greatly improve competitive play in the future as it gives alot of new players chance at the leagues.

Nethervoid- Had a good season with Ramp, and is a decent Warbird/ Jav.

No one can kill me- Diso Co-Cap, Nockme is a good player in all three leagues and can be a deadly base jav.

Pearl Jam- Excelled this season in warbirds notching some impressive scores. This Pallies player is also a good jav.

Phyre- is a good Jav when he tries.

Physt- One of Sk8's most active javs, he had a decent season. I think he is a player with potential, seems to always give it 100%.
      Now with pallies.

Pjotter- Co-leader of Pirates now. Pjotter is a highly skilled jav.

Poseidon- Can be a very good warbird. Not to active this season with Ramp, I think he is more into HZ.

Primal- has potential, and can be a skilled warbird. Current Squad: Dynasty

Psymorph- Is one of the best Jav’s I have ever played with. First season with Elusive he played a major role in helping us win TWL-J championship. Psymorph was less active this season but had some impressive games. He is also a very good spider.

Pure_Luck- I think Pure_Luck is Spastic’s most important player and Base MVP for this playoffs. As a terr he is among the best and I don’t think they would have been able to win TWLB without him.

Randedl – Co-Cap of Melee had an excellent TWL-D season this year. His best ever. He has really improved a lot in warbirds and I think that helped a lot for Melee.
      (Note – do not allow him in a jav 6-29).

Raples- Had a good first season in TWL. Watched him develop into a good jav with light.

Raspi – Is a talented warbird and a exceptional spider. In the army now he still managed to come to Elu games and MVP round 2 of the TWL-D final.

Riksa- had a great season with Egyptian in TWL-D. Another player with good potential. Current Squad- Ancients.

Ripper- Ripper had an excellent season with Rampage, he is one of the best wbs around and a good shark. Now with Disoblige.

Rough- is a great jav. I think he was Light’s best by far this year in that department. Current Squad- Anti-Scrub!

Ruby- is a good warbird. Did not seem that active after early part of season. Now starting Ravage with FF.

Scuzzy Sureshot- Scuzzy continues to be a great jav, had a good season with pallies.

Sleepy Weasel- has become a well rounded player. A good warbird & spider.

Squadless- Value captain is a good warbird.

Strike- has developed into a solid jav, played well in all his games this season. Now a member of Syndicate

Sweeper- Ancients leader, got his squad into TWL and the playoffs in its first season in the league. Sweeper is a decent Jav.

Triceratops- Pallies Burial does not play that much anymore in leagues (or so it seems)
      but still maintains his wb skills.

Trueblood- Pod continues to be a solid jav, though he is less active now.

Tyson_Bitbeast- Leader of War Angels, Tyson has shown himself to be a skilled wb and a player on the rise.

Utopia- I think the Co-Cap of Cripples is the squads best player. He is a highly skilled player good at both javs and wbs.

Warportal- Co-Cap of Disoblige is one of the best Terrs in the game.

Weaver- Developed into a good warbird with Ramp. He is also a good smod =p. Current Squad- Ravage

Vermillion Flame- I think Divine’s Vermillion flame is a player to watch out for in the future.

Vihta- In my opinion Vihta was the #1 player in TWL-D during the regular season.
      Playing amazing in many games IE 20-8 VS Diso. Vihta also owned in round 1 of the playoff final vs Melee going 15-9. Vihta was very active playing in many games across three leagues.

Zapata- Had a strong season with Egyptian in TWL-D showing himself to be a skilled warbird especially with a 16-4 vs Shriek. Think Zapata is a player with a lot of potential. Current Squad- Melee

Hope you enjoyed the post. Feel free to leave comments

- Rule
      Last edited by Rule; 09-08-2003, 02:13 PM.

Comment

noticed u left yourself off the list rule :P u didnt do too bad either

Comment

Re: A-L

Originally posted by Rule

Arrogance- .... Arro is a skilled shark and started every game this season in that ship.
          Nice post, but above thing is just plain wrong.

TWL stats this season for terriers

I think you're talking about castromarx...

Comment

some kick ass players there... i wont take it to heart you forgot to mention me :P

(j/k lol)
            04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Seems a good list with some indepth knowledge of all the active league squads (and not just becasue I am on there!)
              PicHosting

Comment

Nice list...very comprehensive. Look out for RB next twl season!

Comment

its a good list and all,but seems like you missed alot of the basers

Comment

aw damnit,i hate when that happens that last post was me. i remembered my brother logged in last right when i hit reply. the delete post thing didnt work somehow tho :/

Comment

He said he wasn't really going to mention basers (for the most part).

I would have put RATTY... in over Bike, since I thought he was DG's best player, but eh bike did grab the 3 MVP's
                      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 09-05-2003, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Awww I fell off the list .. was on it last time

PS : Yes I said I'd never post again, but this is different
                        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

I'm 0/2 on those lists guru :/

A solid post Rule, I always love reading them, it's hard to keep track of over 100 players but I think you were dead on or very close with most of them. Mad Props.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

YES I MADE IT TO NUMBER 2 ON HIS TOP 100 LIST!!!
                            Dice
                            TWLB Champions Season 8
                            TWLJ Champions Season 8
                            TWLB Champions Season 10
                            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

i'm insulted.

-RR

Comment

Working...
                              X