No announcement yet.

A Semi-logical view of the Staff Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FACE why do u keep saying my name? Are u that facinated or obsessed? and tell me ... how the hell do u know who is helpful or not in staff? why do u speak as if u have any clue as to what its like to be in staff with any of us ... the people who do the most work most people have no clue wth they're doing or how hard they work

COUGHcappyCOUGH
    Quoting is the highest form of flattery ...

The mouth that holds the tongue that rocks your world... rules the world

PjOtTeR> I should change my name to horny gypsy humper

saying Goddess name is like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter World. She-who-must-not-be-named is fucking Taboo

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerex
      I think you are missing the point here, It may be good to have events hosted and your questions answered all the time but think of the poor kids answering them. I mean Take Dimboy as the extreme example, he is 13 and he hosts lots but think of how mentally inept he is going to be after so many years of neglecting school. People will probably call him Trench Geek and kick dirt in his eyes. Then as he gets older and he remains the withered pale child with a permanently crooked back from bending over his keyboard who hasn't seen the sun since 2003, then people will mock him and maybe attach some name to him such as "Pidgeon Lady" "Cat Man" Or some other name with an animal in it indicating his unhealthy lack of co-existance with humans. He will probably be beaten up for the next few years before he reaches this stage of decay but all the same this is the direction in which his life will lead.

So have a little pity for staffers and share a bit of love. Staff is a bit of fun to play with not a life style.
      They call me SubSpace boy at school.
      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
      cool koen> :)
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      cool koen> not because of a bug
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      PubAceR> women in power dont last
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

can i call u subspaceboi in ss?

also goddess now that i thinking of it and saw ur name...all these ppl are ranting how being nice is important...but wh en i jioned staff only a few staffers were nice and even volunteered to help me out...goddess being 1 of course...but then there were a few who just tried to get me in trouble and started shit w/ me and were real dickfaces
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

also EiG...i dont think that teh ppl are complaining bout the TWL/league ops which yes are staff but they arent the problem...and i think that hosting went down compared to a few years back..when lefty,mefod,and GK were all <ER> they hosted a tourny every day if not more...and mulitple events ever day...the only other <ER> i can say thats like that rite now is Dimboy...but recently alot of <ZH> were given <ER> so maybe they'll host more...but the hosting went down and so did staff more and more w/ the exception of the leagues thats the bright light
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think the current staff is fine, I have no complaints. I do believe that staff has had minor 'swings' of competencies over the last 5 years or so, but nothing that seemed unusual to me.

What metrics can be used to measure player satisfaction with the staff? Total amount of people playing the game? (If so, that seems to have gone up.) Number of people bitching in the forums? Not a good measure.

Also, I guess I could be called a vet and I have never been critical of the staff in Pubs. Not saying that this doesn’t happen with others, and I agree it’s bad thing, but I don’t feel it is a big impact.

Comment

I dont really have a problem with hosted events since I dont play many myself but, now that you mention it the number does seem to down significantly from a year or two ago. I guess that would be a staff failing that actually affects the average player on a daily basis. Whats interesting is that most events hosted by staff right now could probably be run by bots without a lot of trouble. Now this is just a little theory I have (Im not accusing anyone or stating this is fact) but, imagine you ran (or had a high position) in a volunteer organization with a large group of other volunteers below you. How many of you would be willing to transfer most of the current work load to robots, keeping in the mind that it would:

1. make the jobs of a few dozen volunteers useless

2. reduce how much relative "power" or "control" you had on the organization because of the drop in employees under you; taking a lot of decisions out of your hands

3. require a large amount of initial set-up time on your part or at least on the part of people who can program the robots

4. make the volunteer organization much more efficient and improve the welfare of your clients

So how many of you would be willing to go through with this sort of change? Again, just a theoretical situation I was thinking about after one of my classes in Cost/Benefit Analysis of Government Spending. Once bureaucracies are established, their operators make it nearly impossible to "cut the fat away" because they are more concerned with their jobs and the jobs of those below them than they are with improving the service they provide for public welfare. Great example is our education system in Ontario, though Im sure most of you have no clue what Im talking about

Comment

sounds good for me
                Kyle G> Did you know theres bowling alleys in Noahs Ark?

Mike Modano_09>I dunno....I dont watch Star Trek.

Comment

Wish you were still staff ciggy

sniff
                  Quoting is the highest form of flattery ...

The mouth that holds the tongue that rocks your world... rules the world

PjOtTeR> I should change my name to horny gypsy humper

saying Goddess name is like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter World. She-who-must-not-be-named is fucking Taboo

Comment

hehe goddess =)

and EiG ya i dont play hosted games much either just i can tell when i usta see an ad every few minutes a year or 2 ago to now wh en i might see an ad an hr IF that
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                    X