No announcement yet.

A Semi-logical view of the Staff Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's 'the problem'? THERE IS NO PROBLEM! Some people personally don't agree with some of the hirings so they says there's a problem, that staff is corrupt for recruiting someone not them and and changes have to be made. Perhaps they like the fact they see themselves as the rebel for the people, I don't know I'm not a psychologist.

I'll be the first to admit staff is not a hard job. Its hard to do it well, but whats involved is itself not difficult. Therefore we don't need uber-leet vets with an A* in fifteen computing qualifications, no sun-tan (and a CISCO degree). Anyone on staff picks it up within the first day or so and gors on from there. The way staff is structured is that the least responsibility and least difficult jobs are given to the newer staff, the zh's, so that they pick up what is happening and are at a reasonable standard before they are promoted. Therefore just about anyone can do the job. (However I feel that robohelp is stopping zh's getting any real experience or preparation for being an er as 50% of hosting is all about how to talk to and handle the participants, and if they are just working a bot then they're not going to be as good a host as they possibly could be. Perhaps limit the amount of times they could use robohelp?)

People get sacked and people get banned. Of course they're not over the moon about it but chances are htey were axed or banned for a reason, its just that there is a growing culture in this community to try and publically humiliate the 'offenders'. This This threads usually fall flat because the person who performed the act usually comes along and says why it happened, but all the same these threads give a bad relfection on staff and the aforementioned rebels start getting all wet and join in the protest. These also fall flat when the person who started the original thread protesting at their mistreatment gets settled and they've got nothing left to rebel against.

There is nothing majorly wrong with staff, get over it.
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 09-25-2003, 03:20 PM.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

You are Staff you think nothing is wrong with Staff.
      I left Staff of my own free-will under no pressure to leave because i knew something was wrong with Staff.

Note: There is no such thing as a CISCO degree as this is an independant qualification
      Note: On two seperate occasions in that post you repeated the same word twice in a row and i was the 1st person to post and notice so i get a hero cookie.
      Note: People don't rebel against staff to be cool or to get respect, they rebel against staff because staff does things to annoy them whether it be recruiting an asshole or actually abusing their powers. To put all staff hatred down to public naivety and glory hunting is narrow minded idiocy and you know it

Take in the big picture, there are things majorly wrong with staff if it is attracting this much attention, yet also staff does do many many good things, it's all about balence i guess but whereas now it is almost evenly weighted it should be tipping in favour of people actually being content with staff rather than indifferent or hateful.
      Tigerex

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
        What's 'the problem'? THERE IS NO PROBLEM!
        that screams out "cover-up, cover-up" but im a paranoid debater who debates american politics, so it might just be me
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

THIS THREAD HAS TOO MANY WORDS AND NOT ENOUGH PICTURES!!!!
          To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
          brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Re: A Semi-logical view of the Staff Problem

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
            "Vets" are in part contributing to the TWStaff ("TWS") downfall; instead of contributing their wisdom as a <ZH> or <ER> they simply harass the TWS.
            well, only newbies r recruited nowadays...
            (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
            (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
            \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
            << evoce >>
            /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
            (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
            (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
            TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
            TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

The Cisco degree strikes again! Call Rubes!

llater,
              Tony

Comment

omg, zeus, how could you mix up cisco degree and cisco certification? that is so not the same thing. how dare you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerex
                  Note: On two seperate occasions in that post you repeated the same word twice in a row and i was the 1st person to post and notice so i get a hero cookie.
                  Unfortunately we're all out of hero cookies, but we've got loads of 'generally a good egg' cookies (note to dairy allergy suffers: These products contain no dairy ingredients but were manufactured in a factory that also handles cows. And pigs).

Edit:
                  Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                  that screams out "cover-up, cover-up" but im a paranoid debater who debates american politics, so it might just be me
                  WHAT IS THERE TO COVER UP? The only faults with staff atm is that we're hiring people that certain people don't like to be given the job and I'm sorry but its pretty hard to try and cover up the fact that someones just been made staff. There is no big secret. There are no hidden blueprints in an underground lair. We do not speak in code as to avoid mentioning 'the big one' (cue explicit remark from any Swedish member of Disoblige that thinks they're a gangster) in public. There is no secret! There is nothing to cover-up! (Well, apart from the fact that Dimboy is actually a 56 year old man living in Bradford... but everyone knows that, right?)

There's also some kind of sexual innuendo in that quote but I can't quite find it. Debater... paranoid debater... nope.
                  Last edited by ZeUs!!; 09-26-2003, 01:54 PM.
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                    (Well, apart from the fact that Dimboy is actually a 56 year old man living in Bradford... but everyone knows that, right?)
                    No, seriously, ZeUs!! is right here. You may know me, I'm Dr Phillip Pierce. I am currently writing a book about how children are treated over the internet.

GG to people like Evoce who think they are cool because they can poke fun at someone supposedly half their age. I BET YOUR MOM IS PROUD.

The book is due out in a year or so.

-Dimboy
                    -53 year old author,
                    Last edited by Dim; 09-26-2003, 02:11 PM.
                    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                    cool koen> :)
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    cool koen> not because of a bug
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    PubAceR> women in power dont last
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

for the record as i think downdraft said the problem doesnt begin with the <ZH> it begings w/ upper staff smods/mods (some)..they are the guys that the <ZH>'s are watching and learning how to become staff off of...so if u got an abusive say SMOD who lets just say Paul <ZH> looks up to (example paul :P) and that SMOD does something wrong and paul see's it.. paul will almost 90% of time think its OK for him to do it then simply bc a smod did it....also the <ER>'s are doin a good job...u got a few slackers but overall most of them are hosting a good amount of games...a few mods arent biased and do there jobz...and most <ZH> if like jason said know enuff and scrolled through tehre F1 they answer the call...but alot of the new <ZH> doesnt konw to much
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                        but alot of the new <ZH> doesnt konw to much
                        exactly
                        The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Amen
                          Tigerex

Comment

I LOOK UP TO PEOPLE LIKE YOMAMA THEY ARE MY HEROS

GO WEAVER, I WANT TO GROW UP TO BE LIKE YOU!

I understand what you meant though cig

Comment

Staff can lick my ass. You heard me. ?go deathmatch -Leafy <ER>

No wait, I'm not leafy, scratch that.

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                                No, seriously, ZeUs!! is right here. You may know me, I'm Dr Phillip Pierce. I am currently writing a book about how children are treated over the internet.

GG to people like Evoce who think they are cool because they can poke fun at someone supposedly half their age. I BET YOUR MOM IS PROUD.

The book is due out in a year or so.

-Dimboy
                                -53 year old author,
                                kid
                                (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                                (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                                \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                                << evoce >>
                                /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                                (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                                (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)