No announcement yet.

Pure Pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am allowed to ad for it every 45mins or so (because I am hosting. Kinda like advertising for warzone in a way).

Hmm I may start hosting this between 3-4pm est. (Remember it is Monday for me. :] )

And you can warbird in spawn if you wish.
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

wtfz, how dare this post be at the bottom. lol.

Okz, the report of Pure pub (twlb) 22 september.
      I thought overall it went well. I added for the pub 2 times, and got abover 40 people in both ads, though as time went on people left. :\ Depsite that, a few hardcore basers stayed and are still continuing to pub, WITH NO LEVIS! GG everyone who was there.

Ok now for some improvements and ideas.

1): The arena twlb. I won't be able to use this arena in the future I think, so what better to name the pub than ?go mootland. lol

2): The frequencies in ?go twlb could only hold 15 per freq. So if i get my arena as a pure pub, I'll try to get ari to widen them more, so there aren't those few people on freq 2.

3): In future I may limit the javs in accordance to the number of people on each freq

4): Advertising. I wanna keep this pure pub arena up 24/7. But there has to be enough people to be in it, so I'm not wasting an Elfbot. I am thinking of getting this advertised on the tw.org site, or when people enter pub and see that zone msg.

lastly, if this does become very popular, I will do Most points, Most kills etc every 2 weeks, and do a scorereset, like a normal pub.

Also, any ideas etc are welcome. :]
      -Mootland <ER>
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager

Comment

yeah i gotta say it was pretty awesome. it is everything that ?go base is not and everything that pub is not at the same time. competitive yet relaxed. terrs can take more chances because there can be more than one, you can be any ship you want whenever you want, etc. that would be awesome if it was hosted 24/7, hopefully it would not die out.

a solution to that could be to have it running 5 to 10 hours a day, depending on its popularity, at different times for different days.
        Last edited by za gophar; 09-21-2003, 04:30 PM.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Sweet <3
          MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Twas fun. Go moot!

Comment

It owned today moot. long time ago since I had this good basing in pub.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Pure basing is for sissy homos...stop cryin bout the levs and LT's and get some skill and wipe them out...oh yeah its easier to just cry about them.
                sigpic

Comment

Or we could do a third option and have places to go where levis don't exist. That way levs can do their thing, and basers can do theirs.

Oh, and as soon as anyone actually DOES wipe out levs, the levs start whining, so don't give me that shit.

Comment

WELL SAID MOOT! YOU ROCK!!!
                    aka. P0LLUX...not PolluX_

Comment

I like that idea moot, The basing you hosted sunday was great. Something i don't like in this pubbing basing is unlimited amount of wbs, you just get hit by one bullet and you die. I think there should be a maximum of 3 or 4 wbs per team like the javs depending on the amount of players playing in.
                      Last edited by Kings; 09-26-2003, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Update:

I will host the pure basing Saturday and Sunday. Around the same time as before. So starting 3-4pm est for an hour and a half or so, or maybe more.

The pure basing will be hosted in ?go mootland $$$$
                        Don't forget to be there!
                        Hopefully Ari will widen the freqs in time lol

PS: When you see Cpt.Guano!, give him an orange or your thanks, for making a great elf bot with the ability to stop players being LEVIS! YAY! lol

-Mootland <ER>
                        • Shark
                        • Dicer
                        • Sager

Comment

This last week, Moot hosted some base arenas I'd never seen before (apart from BoKi) and they were some of the best hosted base arena games I've played... and now, THIS.
                          I'll be sure to be there, thanks Moot!

Moot 4 President
                          $$

Comment

Yeah hehe Cross. That was ?go bigbase, it was pretty good. I went to the tw site and made a list of all the base arenas I thought would be good to host. Should see my hosting list for the month. All basing arenas. $$$$$ :]
                            Last edited by Mootland Farmer; 09-23-2003, 10:38 PM.
                            • Shark
                            • Dicer
                            • Sager

Comment

I had a thought about the constant bitching about levis.

How about, in the new server, instead of speccing levs, editing them for a new niche, like heavy fighter instead of heavy bomber.

The lev keeps its slow movement and rotation, but instead of having L3 bombs and L2 bullets, it has L3 bullets that are otherwise like its usual armament. It keeps portal and is also made tougher than normal ships, able to soak 6 L1 or 2 L2 bullets.

So, give me some feedback on this.
                              Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
                              GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
                              Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

Kinda pointless as it's bullets already kill from one hit.

Personally I'd make it a cross between the warbird and spider.
                                Double-Barrelled, can shoot twice before it needs to recharge but take both sets of bullets to kill a fully charged ship (obviously it could neg with just one set of bullets).
                                Last edited by CR0SSFIRE; 09-24-2003, 03:34 PM.
                                $$

Comment

Working...
                                X