No announcement yet.

Pure Pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad I missed it, I was working on sunday... Its a great idea mootland.... but of course many of us in the message forums have suggested this sort of idea before... but you are doing something about it.

I would call it...

purepub

Public basing without LTs....for serious basers only....

This way, everyone gets what they want... all the serious basers can play in the pubs they like and all others in the others... No more purebasing weekends... problems solved....

-Also have a Top Squad/Pilots List on webpage for this new pub arena.

-Maybe have alternate pub maps.... this same old pub map is getting extremely boring... just spice it up with some variety.

-Maybe have arena limit to 40-50... have several freqs or squad freqs challenge for flagroom. Would be a good basing practice arena.

-Also make sure all participants play the base game...or help out their freq.

I like pub basing more than twbd.... since I find in twbd, you always have terrier/shark/spiders.... I like to use warbird... and feel its an important basing ship too.

I found in pub arena, game play wavers.... sometimes fun and sometimes very boring. Ultimately, its the players who make the whole gaming session fun.

Some will argue LTs, add an interesting element to the game, and in some cases they do.

If you ever think of adding LTs...

-Perhaps LTs could be added, but make it very tough to become an LT.. not this green up..quick cycle thingy....

Comment

Thats the thing Wise. It would be up to the 'TW players' themselves to go play. I know there are alot of serious basers around. (You can tell just be looking at all the new twlb basing squads every season).

I don't just want serious basers to play. I want newbies to play, so they can get into the spirit of basing. I will need to get a permanent bot in ?go purebase or ?go mootland, so people can play whenever they like.

This is where advertising comes in. I can advertise on the tw site. But I dunno how many new players read the site. I suppose I could advertise on the continnum skin > websites & news > SSCU Trench Wars > <news>. But apart from that, there is not many places i can think of, that I could advertise so that newer players can go to the purebase.

My ulitmate goal is to make a purepub which will be on 24/7. And so far, it looks like it will happen. :]
      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager
      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
        My ulitmate goal is to make a purepub which will be on 24/7. And so far, it looks like it will happen. :]

OOOOOHHHH, YES, YES, BABY, YES!!!

Moot, I hear California is looking for someone to run the place. You should send 'em your resume or something. I'd campaign for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemyla
          I had a thought about the constant bitching about levis.

How about, in the new server, instead of speccing levs, editing them for a new niche, like heavy fighter instead of heavy bomber.

The lev keeps its slow movement and rotation, but instead of having L3 bombs and L2 bullets, it has L3 bullets that are otherwise like its usual armament. It keeps portal and is also made tougher than normal ships, able to soak 6 L1 or 2 L2 bullets.

So, give me some feedback on this.
          There are tons of topics about changing levi settings so do a search in them first.

New server? woot?
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Actually, I figured it out.

The main problem people have with Levis is the damage they can do when in the wrong hands. A well-played levi can be an asset to the team, but a poor one, firing indiscriminately, will piss people off.

The reason levis are despised is that a badly-played wb (for example) can only hurt the person playing. But a levibomb that is launched without caution can hurt large numbers of teammates.

Another reason is that levis are distressingly easy for a newbie to pick up and get lots of kills. This also seems to be one of the reasons people are upset with lancs. People play mostly wbs because they feel it requires more skill to hit someone with one of those swiftly moving blue bullets. However, a skilled wb will dance circles around a newbie lanc or levi anytime. This is an odd statement to make, given my lanc advocacy, but it is true.

Anyway, I think, because of the damage a newb levi can do, but also because of the good a skilled one can do, that levis can be restricted to people with a certain number of hours. Maybe that would be a charitable solution.
            Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
            GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
            Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

a levi in the hands of *anyone* easily destroys basing

Comment

yea well i would bet that a lot of the people who diss LT's ,wont admit that they secretly love been flown around in a terr while they fire blue balls of death that incinerate have the nme freq.then "lol"ing or "rofl"ing there way around base to do another pass.
                but we have all seen the newbie levs destroy 4 blues and 4 yellows in one shot and then not even say sry or anything.so on that note i kinda agree with Zemyla's idea about some kind of restriction on who can fly a lev.but on the other had that kinda seems wrong to the new players aswell,,hmmm i dunno.

oh and mootland you are the best <ER> out there right now in my books as far as what you are hosting goes.i started playing this game in 2000(im still newb yes) and all i ever kept an eye out for was some1 hosting base games, when i first started.So cheers to you moot and your ideas.its funny cuz i like to LT around, but then when im sitting in base as BT in pub and a nme LT comes along and blows me up i get all pissy! ahahah.but all in all i dont mind the extra challenge of dealing with LT's in pub.
                work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

Originally posted by Zemyla
                  Anyway, I think, because of the damage a newb levi can do, but also because of the good a skilled one can do, that levis can be restricted to people with a certain number of hours. Maybe that would be a charitable solution.

Nobody who levs is interested in helping the team, if they were, they would get in a spider or a shark instead. They just want to see big explosions.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Update:

This weekend as you all know, I will be hosting purepub basing on Saturday and Sunday. I will host it in ?go purepub.

On Monday, I will put an elfbot in ?go purepub and just leave it there 24/7, and hopefully have it connected to the database, so we can record scores etc. After a few days or so, I will look at the amount of people using the arena at different times of the day etc, and decide if I should continue to leave the bot there.

After this, the rest is up to you guys to play in ?go purepub and keep the arena going. I know only a small minority of players only read the forums, so I will continue to come up with ideas with advertising etc.

Sidenote: If there are newbies that wander into the arena, respect them and hopefully you can give them a few tips on basing and how to use the ships effectivly.

Thanks for your support, and hopefully I'll see you all in ?go purepub in the weekend. :]

-Mootland <ER>
                    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager
                    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

so i guess you'll be too busy for an LT rally?
                      Ну вот...

Comment

Will try to make it, Moot. And for everyone else, let's really try to make this work. Everyone who's ever said they're tired of levis can finally make a difference, come out and support it!
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Good going Moot.... If and when I see this purebasing pub arena, I will try to help with it whatever way I can. I will try to advertise in regular pub, or help out new players with the basics. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will help, but if we all do, then a good public basing environment will be created and get popular.

I hope the scum that litter the public arena now, don't float in and ruin some good basing games.

By scum, I mean, the ones who fly around open space...spawning and taunting people....with the usual....

newb, noob, ez...bla bla bla...

I'd much rather see everyone that is on their freq, help the freq get the flag and work well with each other in order to do this.

Since, I have started playing till now, I have seen some positive changes in public arena.... freq members communicate more now with each other... before it was all chaotic.......

Comment

Wethpec' to the Moot
                            $$

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub

I hope the scum that litter the public arena now, don't float in and ruin some good basing games.

By scum, I mean, the ones who fly around open space...spawning and taunting people....with the usual....

Moot said yes, people can WB and spawn. To me this is more aggravating than levis.
                              AL GORE INVENTED TRENCH WARS

Comment

Pure Pub

I hardly ever start topics but... go to pub12. It's a pure pub! GG GuanoBot

Vitron

Comment

Working...
                                X