X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for newbies that want to get picked in ?go base

I agree, especially with point #4. I loathe people who PM me repeatedly:

RandomPubber> can i jav? let me jav i wil do good 4 u
    Fit of Rage> Please don't PM me, I'm trying to organize my team.
    RandomPubber> i can do it 4 u, just pick me in jav or wb plz plz plz i can do good

It gets annoying. Wait long enough, and you'll be picked, most likely as a spider.

Another note that Stab didn't cover: play your ship. Once the game starts, don't whine over and over:

Fit of Rage> spiders follow the sharks as they rep!
    RandomPubber> we cant break teh cram make me 2 jav i can do it quik
    Fit of Rage> just play it out
    RandomPubber> come on i can do it ez pie just make me jav come on
    Fit of Rage> maybe if you attacked instead of typing and whining, we might get in
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

i alias alot to play elim and stuff and when i go to ?go base as an alias i never get picked...theres even a few instances where the caps sat and waited for people from their chats to come instead of picking me on my newer alias because they think i'm new. its funny because most of the time i can kick the shit out of everyone on their freq in any ship
    i may sound like i'm lying or just saying this to appear "newbie friendly" but i always pick at least one or two newer players whenever i cap. i also like to add people who pm me because its obvious most people wont add these people so they dont play as much. then again i dont play base too too much anymore and its even more seldom that i cap
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

i like enter to and say SUB THE SUCKING PERSON BECAUSE GOD WANTS TO BASE!
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

nicely written stab....

something to remember (new people), not that it makes you feel any better, but most that play in there now, have spent their time in spec before too.....

along with getting subbed out during games for sucking.....

true league style basing is nothing like pub at all..... you may be a pub god.... or think you are, but when you go to a private arena it is nothing like you have ever played before and you are a newb all over again and have to learn how to play in that style
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Re: Tips for newbies that want to get picked in ?go base

Originally posted by Stabwound
          or better yet, be a captain yourself.
          I agree with everything but this. We have enough problems with captains who know how to use the bot. Choosing people who haven't even seen a base game could be very drastic. People choosing captains should be smart about who they pick..and not always pick the first two to say "cap". Even when their mood is in a rut (I hope a certain ER reads this).

I also a2m, in that captains should pick at least, AT LEAST one newbie per game. When I captain, I try to...I've seen many captains spam their chats with "?go base" when there were at least 10 people sitting in spec. Those kind of captains, we can do without.
          Ну вот...

Comment

I usually start by picking 2-3 players I think are essential to make the game good. Then I check if any squaddies are there. Usually after this there are 1-4 spots left, I fill these with some newer guys.

First the sharks and the terr, because without good sharks and terr, the game won't be good. Usually the last few spots go as spids, one or to more experienced spids so my team doesn't lose because all spids camp
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

and part 5# learn how to use the bot

and part 69# dont go afk in base arena

-RR

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                RandomPubber> can i jav? let me jav i wil do good 4 u
                Fit of Rage> Please don't PM me, I'm trying to organize my team.
                RandomPubber> i can do it 4 u, just pick me in jav or wb plz plz plz i can do good
                Just ignore them, that what I do with the majority of people who message me in game, inside or outside of ?go base
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

PICK ME PICK ME
                  EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                  cool koen> :)
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  cool koen> not because of a bug
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  PubAceR> women in power dont last
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

Thank the lord that I was around during Private Basing times because if I just came along now I would not have gotten into one game... (not like I get into any of them now either) damn ?go base.

Comment

I try to pick one new guy every time I cap. They have to:

1. Be names that I do not recognize well
                      2. If they have begged to be picked I don't pick em. Asking politely once is understandable.
                      3. They don't whine when I pick them. IE. Don't gimme this crap green spider it sucks I can't do shit with it jav me me now newb!
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I have a suggestion for all of you.

?go outside

jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Umm, Jason, that arena's just a normal pub map. Like, DUH!
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Well I just ask for ship...like the yellow...one. HeHe BossHawk, the one I suck in. Anyway I have seen alot of new people now a days that come into base for there first time and get like a 150-60 rec. I prolly think we should give alot of newbies a chance some games if they aren't being really annoying.

We were all once a newbie.
                            Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

And if you've ever said to spec chat that you should be picked because you're an awesome base jav terrier and/or warbird you're a filthly rotten liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X