Burning a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning a DVD

I borrowed a movie from a friend and I wanted to write it on a DVD but I got this weird problem.

I use DVD Decrypter to rip the files of the DVD, but when I want to burn them to a new DVD (I use Nero), it appears that the ripped files are much bigger than on the original DVD. Normally their seize should be around 4GB but after I ripped the DVD, the actual size is for about 8GB! Do I have to reseize them or something? How do I do this?

Thanx in advance!

cundor
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

You have to resize them again with the program named ... yeah good question ... i'm at work so can't see the name right now.
    When I am home I'll post it unless someone has done it before me.

Comment

Buy a double layer DVD and burn it at that
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

dvd shrink can resize it onto a 4 gig disk

it compresses the image though, using it but you can nerf the extras and the menus and get better compression on the main movie.

the program is completely legal but the rights to it were bough buy macrovision or someone who now make it illegal to distribute it so i can't link you to it.
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

by the way nowadays most dvd movies you buy are dual layer and you need to compress them to get them onto a normal dvd - you could buy dual layer dvds but these are more expensive. I opt normaly for the compression and changing the extras to pictures only as i've really never used the extra features in 95% of the dvd's i've watched.
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

I usually burn them on a dual layer DVD if I'm going to copy it. Why not copy the whole if you are going to copy it anyway? I think it's nice to have all these extra's so the DVD stays complete and I don't have to worry about any quality loss.
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

yeah what PD sed, dvd shrink ftw
              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
              caco <ER>> )Oo
              caco <ER>> bot thief!
              caco <ER>> duel me for it
              Evasive <E> no!
              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

what movie?
                some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  I usually burn them on a dual layer DVD if I'm going to copy it. Why not copy the whole if you are going to copy it anyway? I think it's nice to have all these extra's so the DVD stays complete and I don't have to worry about any quality loss.
                  they are more expensive and i don't have any :P i just bought a big spindle off 50 dvd-r as you get discount so rather go splash more cash its convenient to compress - specialy when in nearly all the examples i've come across its not a big jump in quality at all. Though as i said i nerf the extras and menus too

when these dvd's run out i'd prolly buy a small amount off duel layer for really big main movies that require alot off compression.

note if your using that dvd shrink program audio isn't compressed so its better only keeping the soundtrack you want - i.e. not french dubs etc ...
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Handbrake just ported to Windows. Supposed to be a really easy-to-use and powerful ripper. (I've never ripped a DVD before.)

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Comment

Working...
                    X