Moar halp than Dick Filu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar halp than Dick Filu!

When I turn on my computer, I don't make it into windows.

I get the first windows loading screen, but right after it's done and I'm supposted to enter windows, my screen goes black and after a short while my computer restarts.

I'm using Windows XP pro (not bought), and this CD has worked on several other computers.

Is this my ram going to hell?

HALP!
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Hey,

Can you get your pc started into safe mode? (by pressing F8 on startup)
    If it's your RAM you would get a blue screen with alot of BLA.
    It could be your powersupply "if your motherboard get's not enough of power or regular amount of power it restarts" but most times it restarts when you are in windows already. After 2-3 minutes.
    Do you hear any beeps when you start up?
    Last edited by NL>TERMINATOR; 06-01-2007, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I get into Windows in safe mode, yes.

There's nothing special happening outside the fact that my screen goes black and my comp will eventually restart. Nothing at all.

I've recently cleaned my computer for dust and particles, so there isn't anything that brings additional heat to my components.

I've built several comps myself, and I know a thing or two about computers in most situations, but in situations like this it's always hard to make out what to do.

Guess I need to format soon, but it might be hardware error and then formating is just a waste of time.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Try to put in a other powersupply. There is a possibility that this is the reason.
        Safe mode requires less power than full mode.
        I guess you got multiple computers in house sinse you are on one atm so it would be 5-10 minutes to find out.

I doubt that it is a software problem.

Good luck,

NL

Comment

Actually, I'm just slacking at work! :grin:

Anyway, I don't think I have another power supply to change it with, and this is the only area I've never done anything with on a computer.

Should I try to adjust anything in the bios? Anything on the power supply itself?
          Last edited by Noah; 06-01-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

It might be a corrupted or wrong driver doing bad operations to the cpu or graphics card which makes the computer restart itself to prevent permanent damage. The fact that you can get into safe made suggests such a thing since in safe mode most drivers and devices are disabled.
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

lol same thing happened to me yesterday, unfortunately my gfx card is toast. try testing your gfx card on another comp.
              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
              caco <ER>> )Oo
              caco <ER>> bot thief!
              caco <ER>> duel me for it
              Evasive <E> no!
              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

do you have that "reload last known usable configuration" thinger?

in your safe mode/setup?

see if you can open it normally wiht that... then restart it normally

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

i've started a job in basic IT though i r newb

however this problem happened on some pc's when rebuilt

- the problem was the intel graphics drivers
                  we booted up into vga mode http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268852 - i didn't read all that but it seems to the sort of thing

-this allowed us to log in albeit in a crappy resolution
                  - updated the drivers rebooted and hey presto (we had to disable them and reboot and shit too but it was something to do with the way it was all networked or something - or maybe disabled them to update them lol can't remember)
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

maybe it was backdated the drivers lol i can't remember we had the right drivers and just did it from the right drivers

note most pcs this wasn't an issue only a certain make of pc had the problem and since you said that your cd worked on others and your problem is exactly the same i'm pretty sure its the same problem

though the xp pro version i was using was a custom one for the company i work for
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

try using LKGC.

when rebooting, beat the crap out of ur f8 key when u see the Dell logo or w/e.

instead of selecting safe mode, try
                      Last Known Good Configuration.

works for me 19/20x.
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Cpu

To test the ram get some other ram module and try to start pc with that. Problem still there probally your cpu dying. Have had that before sometimes i could get in to windows for a few min, but mostly i didnt even make it. It turned out the CPU was dead. GL
                        Kyace <ER>> I could use a good laugh, go ahead cheat and pretend to be dumb.

1:lemar> still gonna flame bc 247

Galleleo> where is all this lag coming from?
                        dL.Chao> Gall
                        Fairlights> ur anus?
                        dL.Chao> Stop whining
                        dL.Chao> You lost because you suck

(RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by BrItIsH:
                        (RoboHelp)>I don't want to know your name, I just want.. Bang bang bang!
                        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :BrItIsH:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                        X