Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be a long shot, but it's worth mentioning:
    http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=17094

Windows XP SP2's Data Execution Prevention (program) might be what is causing it from malfunctioning. Read the thread above, and follow what PoliX writes.

If not then, it might be hopeless
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    -Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku View Post
      This might be a long shot, but it's worth mentioning:
      http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=17094

Windows XP SP2's Data Execution Prevention (program) might be what is causing it from malfunctioning. Read the thread above, and follow what PoliX writes.

If not then, it might be hopeless
      No dice -__-

I'm gonna get in touch with Polix in game and see if he can walk through any other problems he may be able to find
      STARKITTY
      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

have u tried continuum 0.40?
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
          have u tried continuum 0.40?
          Indeed, that was with .40
          At least it works using "Run as.." <_<
          STARKITTY
          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
            Talk to "Pollux", he should have more info than us on that.
            PoLiX not Pollux_... Know the guy, sorta, met him when I was staff...

---------------------------

Got your message ingame.

The issue is, we have very little experience in MCE and issues. But I'd be more than happy to give a few ideas a try.

My 1st question, although it may sound dumb, are you the only user, or the main administrator on the computer?

Gonna look into MCE SP2 and see if it causes issues with any other games.
            Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
            Former SSC Network Administrator
            SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by PoLiX View Post
              PoLiX not Pollux_... Know the guy, sorta, met him when I was staff...

---------------------------

Got your message ingame.

The issue is, we have very little experience in MCE and issues. But I'd be more than happy to give a few ideas a try.

My 1st question, although it may sound dumb, are you the only user, or the main administrator on the computer?

Gonna look into MCE SP2 and see if it causes issues with any other games.
              Administrator rights user. Four other users on the computer.

Specs stand at:

Don't ask why it says it's Win XP Pro. Control Panel-System says it's Win XP MCE.
              STARKITTY
              A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

MCE is built on top of XP Pro. You can actually install MCE like a program if you have XP Pro installed.
                Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
                Former SSC Network Administrator
                SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by PoLiX View Post
                  MCE is built on top of XP Pro. You can actually install MCE like a program if you have XP Pro installed.
                  Ok...

So.. Any suggestions?
                  I've tried catching you in game to ask but you're usually sign off 9 hours before I get on. And probably vice versa -_-
                  STARKITTY
                  A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty View Post
                    Ok...

So.. Any suggestions?
                    I've tried catching you in game to ask but you're usually sign off 9 hours before I get on. And probably vice versa -_-
                    I spent a few minutes drifting around the interwebs trying to see if anyone else had your problem...

The only other cases of people getting that error with SS are those who were either trying to run under win98 or a version of xp that was upgraded from win98. Probably doesn't help since you have MCE.. but I tried.

They did all establish that a fresh install fixed the problem. I saw one case where someone cleaned out the registry, reinstalled and got it to work too.. but you'd have to make sure you didn't miss anything or that might not solve the problem.

I'd almost suggest someone that is more knowlegable about this remotely connect to her computer and see if maybe someone was overlooked? I think you could pull it off with just cleaning the registry and reinstalling, but I'm not a big enough computer geek to say for sure.

I feel bad for you, I'd be going crazy if I couldn't log onto SS at least once a day. Good luck!
                    truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
                    "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
                    Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
                    Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

Originally posted by a21ozcoldcup View Post
                      I spent a few minutes drifting around the interwebs trying to see if anyone else had your problem...

The only other cases of people getting that error with SS are those who were either trying to run under win98 or a version of xp that was upgraded from win98. Probably doesn't help since you have MCE.. but I tried.

They did all establish that a fresh install fixed the problem. I saw one case where someone cleaned out the registry, reinstalled and got it to work too.. but you'd have to make sure you didn't miss anything or that might not solve the problem.

I'd almost suggest someone that is more knowlegable about this remotely connect to her computer and see if maybe someone was overlooked? I think you could pull it off with just cleaning the registry and reinstalling, but I'm not a big enough computer geek to say for sure.

I feel bad for you, I'd be going crazy if I couldn't log onto SS at least once a day. Good luck!
                      Oh i can log in. I just have to use "Run as..."

And I really haven't missed anything. And both those methods have been tried multiple times, with different directories etc etc.
                      I've spent hours looking across different forums for people with similar problems. I seem to be unique lol <_<
                      STARKITTY
                      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Maybe a redundant question but have you tried setting the properties of the Continuum .exe for compatibility with windows 2000/xp ?
                        Maverick
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                        Subspace Statistics Administrator
                        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          Maybe a redundant question but have you tried setting the properties of the Continuum .exe for compatibility with windows 2000/xp ?
                          Well, you can't set it to compatibility with win xp, because it already is a version of xp, but I've tried with all the others, each comes up with some different numbered fatal error <_<
                          STARKITTY
                          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

I will assume that all of these times, you have been the first user logged in to Windows upon a fresh reboot, yes?

If that is the case, log in as another user, use the Switch User ability, and log in as yourself. Try running the install or the game now.

That fixed my problem with the executable doing the exact same thing, and while it is a bit more work, it's not something quite as radical as re-installing XP.
                            GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

try to completly uninstall continuum from the computer through add remove programs. then download and install continuum .40
                              6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
                              6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
                              6:Screamo> err
                              6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
                              1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
                              1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
                              1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct

(ignite)>There is a new currency on the market, the IGNITE

Comment

Working...
                              X