Computer Switches Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Switches Off

Hey, for the last month I've had a problem with my computer turning off unexpectedly. I would be running my computer as usual, and after awhile it would just suddenly turn off. It wouldn't go through the normal shut down process, it would just turn off. I've noticed the more processes I have going, the sooner I can expect my computer to just turn off.

After that has happened, I turn on my computer. It starts up normally until I get to the windows loading stage, at which it fails to load and turns off again... I get a error message which I pretty much says windows fails to load my computer is a hunk of junk blah blah. Now I do use a pirated copy of Windows XP, but I do not believe that Windows is not the problem. And here's why,

I tried formatting my computer, but I could not even reach the format process due to my computer switching off. It's not a harddrive problem, no viruses or erros on it. So it could be due not enough ram, or either the power supply or the motherboard giving me grief. I'm not entirely sure on that. So I need your guys help please. I really suck at computers...
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Turn off your computer. Open up your computer harddrive. Plug in your vacuum cleaner. Vacuum all the dust shit in there (and believe me when I say there will be dust shit in there). Make sure to vacuum the fan area extra well.
    Originally posted by paradise!
    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
    1:Reaver> HALP
    1:Reaver> HELELP
    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Just watch out so you don't crack the processor core

Comment

...and how would vacuumin it out crack the cpu core? unless you're talking about it over-heating cuz of the dust on the fan?..

Comment

i totally ram chairs and anything in my way when i vacuum
          never vacuumed my pc but maybe i would be smashing it up too?
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

yea but not with the hose

Comment

make sure none of your capacitors look like this
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Yea, could be overheating. Don't use a vacuum, though. Get a air duster can.

Comment

i always take my vaccum wand to the cpu fan when the comps off/unplugged.
                  it makes the fan spin very fast backwards and knocks like 95% of the dust shit off it and sucks those little cooling rib thingys out too. vacuum ftw. also do this to both sides of the power supply and around the hard drives. i do this mabye every other month.

edit: when they were ta;lking about cracking the cpu itself, just dont do this if its extremly hot. lket it sit off for 20 mins to cool off and youll be fine (assuming the rapid cooling is what people were worried about cracking it)
                  Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                  1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  caco <ER>> duel me for it
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

If you know what you're doing, you could clean your system like I do.
                    Just two ingredients:
                    Q-tips
                    Rubbing Alcohol.
                    †© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420 View Post
                      i always take my vaccum wand to the cpu fan when the comps off/unplugged.
                      you have WAY too much free time
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

at foxconn we clean the boards with methanol

ez

Comment

95% sure this will be due to overheating.

As others said, open up the case and either spray compressed air or if you have none, use a hoover.

For the future, make sure your computer has at least 6 inches space around it on all sides for ventilation and clean out the dust every few months or so.
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

My father has had the problem with those some time ago. We both tryed fixing it and couldn't figure out what it was.
                            When we finally got it fixed we found out it was the power supply shutting down on its own for no reason, it was broken.
                            You might want to check your power supply aswell apart from overheating.
                            Maverick
                            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                            Subspace Statistics Administrator
                            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Yeah, I gave the cpu a bit of a clean with the vacuum. Opened up the power supply and gave that a clean too. Cleaned the fans too. Computer seems to be working fine now. Thanks guys.
                              "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                              • Shark
                              • Dicer
                              • Sager
                              • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                              X