My computer keeps reseting itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer keeps reseting itself

Does it every 20 mins or so, any ideas why?
    Last edited by Rab; 06-10-2018, 10:16 AM. Reason: Removed personal information
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

According to this website:

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread....585/qid/716518

It's a worm.

Sorry, found another link with a better solution:

http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/rpc.php

Anyway, it seems like the MBlaster worm.
    Last edited by Amok; 02-08-2004, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Don't worry guys, I/someone from down my corridor fixed it! Apparently windows restarts itself after 20mins if you don't have a firewall enabled, nice to know it cares!
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I find it hard to believe...i really think it's a worm/virus, and not a standard procedure
        I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

i once made a simple program which would shut the computer down every time you started windows, it was kinda like that... i need to get out more.

Comment

It is indeed a worm cundor and Amok, you both are right.

The only thing is, that your firewall prevents the computer for being infected or activated.
            Zeus!!, first download the Removal Tool and then update your norton immideatly. With your firewall and norton updated and activated you should be safe.
            Greets,
            Roger

Comment

in case you ever get something severe and have to reinstall windows (I would have at that point), burn the installation files for anything you might need to prevent it (on mine I have 2 fire walls, a trojan remover, a virus remover, spybot, ad-aware, and a bunch of drivers)
              just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                i once made a simple program which would shut the computer down every time you started windows, it was kinda like that... i need to get out more.
                So when you open that program you can never use your computer again?
                I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

who would waste their time making something they wouldnt use? :\

Comment

According to Telcat, the problem you had was just people trying to make your PC more secure.
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
                      So when you open that program you can never use your computer again?
                      well yeah, you had 30 seconds before it shut itself down, you could remove it within that 30 seconds, but my mate, being a prick reformatted his computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X