Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we lower the starting rank from 3000 to atleast 1500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

My hypothesis is right. Players in mmr jr are dragged down due to the luck of the draw. If you got out you play at times when the player selection is better and have not played many games at all unlike me with like 300 games and 150 of those with TheSauce going 0-10 and 1-10 with 2-10 being a great game for them lol. MMR Jr is a death trap and not a true reflection of ratings. Many people who are better than you Lee are rated way lower.
    I have played plenty of times with and against thesauce, frog, yogi, rabbit, wiibimbo, some random pubbers etc. Sometimes u win, sometimes u lose. When it comes to player selection, those guys are pretty much always on, when I play. Ive also won with thesauce, frog, yogi and others on my freq, its not impossible.
    MMR jr arena game result is far more often decided by having some top player having to play on one freq if there are more than 10+ top players present. That is what actually one may call stroke of luck. Because in jr arena you have those players on both freqs, its not like only 1 freq has that poor player and other does not and then it depends on rest of team if they pull out win or lose.
    In your case, it is just another case someone else always being at fault for you losing. There have been so many end-games, where rest of your team is dead, and you run around with 4-5 deaths by that time. In that case, IT IS YOUR FAULT for not contributing equally, being more aggressive and actually helping those bad players in getting some kills and doing some damage.
    MMR rating is very honest view of your contribution to your freqs winning and if you have it lower than frog, perhaps you should look at mirror.

PS! i have no problems admitting there are better players than me with lower mmr ratings. When you will realize it is a team game, and your individual skills are of course important, but far more important is your contribution to the team winning. And that is what mmr rating represents, not your individual skills.

Comment

My hypothesis is right. Players in mmr jr are dragged down due to the luck of the draw. If you got out you play at times when the player selection is better and have not played many games at all unlike me with like 300 games and 150 of those with TheSauce going 0-10 and 1-10 with 2-10 being a great game for them lol. MMR Jr is a death trap and not a true reflection of ratings. Many people who are better than you Lee are rated way lower.
      Lee's take is more correct as it includes the emotional factor in a low pop game. Call it elitist or whatever you'd like, but the tiered version exists for the players who'd rather log out and play something else than be bothered with low quality teammates who are terrible or refuse to change their playstyle by taking more risks to support and benefit their team instead of running away looking for low risk opportunities. A 5v5 is easier to win than a 4v5 99% of the time. Lee is correct about this game mode existing for the sanity of others because of you and other players who see nothing wrong with their playstyle or low effort. We don't have the luxury of high pop to provide a cushion of randomization for the sake of sanity.

There's no rule against your playstyle, but it's better suited for solo play in the current format of our team deathmatch leagues.
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Oh ya, These games that all happened yesterday in mmr were either my fault or the wins I did nothing for my team. You guys got me pegged. These loses definitely can be attributed to Jessup and the win shown was only because Jessup got carried. Jessup is an mmr destroyer. All in one day Jessup is ruining everything and contributes nothing! Blame Jessup!! GTFO here

&

&

&

&

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

You only won one of those games, wtf are you talking about? lol

Comment

Oh ya, These games that all happened yesterday in mmr were either my fault or the wins I did nothing for my team. You guys got me pegged. These loses definitely can be attributed to Jessup and the win shown was only because Jessup got carried. Jessup is an mmr destroyer. All in one day Jessup is ruining everything and contributes nothing! Blame Jessup!! GTFO here

&

&

&

&

Jessup... You posting screenshots of your recs from yesterday just further reinforces the broad community's gripe of how dense you are being about your refusal to change your playstyle. The objective of MMR is to win. You can have medicore recs and still win consistently (again, that's the sole objective of MMR). That's the cake. Nevermind the fact 4 of 5 screenshots show your team losing :eyeroll:. That's the icing for everyone trying to encourage you to play differently in MMR.
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            WillBy> ^^

Comment

maybe jessup is right. most of those ELO systems do put everyone in the same pool, though they try to match similar skill levels when possible i think.

anyway, one other thing those systems all have is a post-game voting system. maybe bring everyone back together again and implement a post game voting system. enough negative votes and you get benched for a game or something.

abuse of the vote shouldnt be tolerated, though. votes should only go against people that are truly being a bad teammate, not just someone you dont like or is playing poorly. something should only happen if the entire rest of that players team votes for one player. that would make it at least a little more obvious when the system gets abused. getting auto-benched for a single game doesnt seem like that harsh of a penalty. its just an incentive to not play like a dipshit.

jessup is all about making this align to more traditional ELO systems. let's go for it.

ps, i know that this would require the general population to behave like adults. not exactly a strong suit.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

This thread was about an mmr rating discussion originally and not about Jessup's playstyle. My intention was not for this to focus on my play style but rather the team dynamics that are being generated in mmr jd4, but you guys always can't let it go and need to insult and blame me for everything. If you guys start piling on me anytime I talk and I will defend myself and show that I am not the pariah you make me out to be. I was no where near the worst player in these matches. To win you need each player to make 10 kills and not die out too soon. Teaming obviously is part of it and I do team the best I can. This idea that games should be all aggro every time and last 5 to 6 minutes is ridiculous and players who go out like that are just playing badly.

Anyways, the original reason I screenshot these was to show how low tier games in mmr jd4 arena are really bad and can be a death cycle downward no matter how well you do if you have players like ravage and the sauce going 2-10 and 3-10 repetitively.

I certainly am not to blame for these losses, but you guys keep overexaggerating about me daily in your descriptions and insults towards me. Am I the best? No, but do I always deserve to be blamed no matter what? No....most certainly not!! I help win games every day and am rarely the worst scorer on my teams. These random screenshots I took today prove it.
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  maybe jessup is right. most of those ELO systems do put everyone in the same pool, though they try to match similar skill levels when possible i think.

anyway, one other thing those systems all have is a post-game voting system. maybe bring everyone back together again and implement a post game voting system. enough negative votes and you get benched for a game or something.

abuse of the vote shouldnt be tolerated, though. votes should only go against people that are truly being a bad teammate, not just someone you dont like or is playing poorly. something should only happen if the entire rest of that players team votes for one player. that would make it at least a little more obvious when the system gets abused. getting auto-benched for a single game doesnt seem like that harsh of a penalty. its just an incentive to not play like a dipshit.

jessup is all about making this align to more traditional ELO systems. let's go for it.

ps, i know that this would require the general population to behave like adults. not exactly a strong suit.
                  I wouldn't support a player-based vote obviously because of the blood lust troll pack I endure every day here but if there is a feature installed that is based off benching the lowest scores made for each team and each game, I could get behind that. If you get the lowest k/d ratio in a round, you get an auto bench. That would work. It needs hard parameters though and popularity contests along with player trolling should never be a part of the equation for something like this.
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I wouldn't support a player-based vote obviously because of the blood lust troll pack I endure every day here but if there is a feature installed that is based off benching the lowest scores made for each team and each game, I could get behind that. If you get the lowest k/d ratio in a round, you get an auto bench. That would work. It needs hard parameters though and popularity contests along with player trolling should never be a part of the equation for something like this.
                    nah, i dont think that would achieve anything.

i guess just leave it split up. i tried.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I haven't been active lately but when I was tiered MMR felt like much better games than un-tiered. For ages I have been asking for something like this in DT. This seems to have a much bigger impact on the highest level match. Not much we can really do about the players left thrown together in second arena.
                      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

MMR JR twjd4 is a death trap where u spiral downward and cannot escape its clutches.

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                          I haven't been active lately but when I was tiered MMR felt like much better games than un-tiered. For ages I have been asking for something like this in DT. This seems to have a much bigger impact on the highest level match. Not much we can really do about the players left thrown together in second arena.
                          Don’t worry RR you aren’t missing out on anything.
                          Two vets got banned last night from MMR after Jessup once again spent an entire night refusing to fight and leaving team mates to die and throwing games.
                          One of the games Jessup tried tking me, I TKed him back, and I got banned for it.

not to mention I was 15-9, and Jessup was 1-4 because he refused to fight all match.

Jessup then sat in the corner of a map the next game refusing to team and fight, gets TKed by vys, and then vys got banned.

an entire community outcry on someone who’s blatantly throwing games and refusing to fight and two of the most active vets in MMR get banned instead.

this is why veterans quit and stop playing this game. Qan said it above,
                          if players aren’t teaming and they’re purposely not teaming and throwing they should be banned.
                          instead cripple and vys get banned for doing the right thing.
                          this has become a joke and it’s pathetic.

jessup also incited domestic violence in the public chat and didn’t get disciplined for that either.

oh and if you were wondering, after the two players got banned, jessup continued to not play with their team and lost every single game he played after that except for one.

Zone has become an absolute joke.
                          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post

Don’t worry RR you aren’t missing out on anything.
                            Two vets got banned last night from MMR after Jessup once again spent an entire night refusing to fight and leaving team mates to die and throwing games.
                            One of the games Jessup tried tking me, I TKed him back, and I got banned for it.

not to mention I was 15-9, and Jessup was 1-4 because he refused to fight all match.

Jessup then sat in the corner of a map the next game refusing to team and fight, gets TKed by vys, and then vys got banned.

an entire community outcry on someone who’s blatantly throwing games and refusing to fight and two of the most active vets in MMR get banned instead.

this is why veterans quit and stop playing this game. Qan said it above,
                            if players aren’t teaming and they’re purposely not teaming and throwing they should be banned.
                            instead cripple and vys get banned for doing the right thing.
                            this has become a joke and it’s pathetic.

jessup also incited domestic violence in the public chat and didn’t get disciplined for that either.

oh and if you were wondering, after the two players got banned, jessup continued to not play with their team and lost every single game he played after that except for one.

Zone has become an absolute joke.
                            Pump the brakes, crip. I love you, but intentionally misleading the context here is unnecessary. It was a 1 game MMR ban for intentional tking (the kind where you intentionally hunt your teammate to tk). I did not witness Jessup intentionally trying to tk you, but I did witness you doing it.

After you tkd Jessup and received a 1 game ban AFTER the current game ended, vys straight out of the gate went to hunting Jessup on his team and also received a 1 game ban.

I'll make it clear here and every jav MMR game I host, but I won't stand for that and will apply a 1 game minimum ban unless otherwise directed or there's a rule against.
                            ​​
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            WillBy> ^^

Comment

Yes! Let’s all waste countless hours in game waiting for jessup to die and posting on forums because ruining the game for everyone isn’t in the rules! The rules! If only there was a simple solution that would take 10 seconds to end 1000s of wasted hours and prevent players from quitting!

Comment

Look qan I know you are running the show here for the most part so this is something you need to handle.
                                Jessup has already killed TSL.

Create a command where at the hosts discretion certain players can be sat when the lobbies are full and subs are imminent.
                                I'd say create maps that shrink over time but I don't want to sound redundant!

Comment

Working...
                                X