No announcement yet.

MMR Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy how it's the toxic idiots that seem to want to come in here and try to derail the thread. There are 3-5 of them that consistently tell me they could do their own statistics/know more than me/the stats I put out are garbage, yet this thread has existed for almost 2 months and all of this data is publicly available and still they have produced nothing. I eagerly await your results. Until then, Cubone Data Services will continue producing best-in-class data analytics.

P.S. Shoutout to Sprackle for all of his hard work

Comment

• Originally posted by cubone View Post
      Crazy how it's the toxic idiots that seem to want to come in here and try to derail the thread. There are 3-5 of them that consistently tell me they could do their own statistics/know more than me/the stats I put out are garbage, yet this thread has existed for almost 2 months and all of this data is publicly available and still they have produced nothing. I eagerly await your results. Until then, Cubone Data Services will continue producing best-in-class data analytics.

P.S. Shoutout to Sprackle for all of his hard work
      According to TWStatistics.com, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
      Case closed.

Comment

• this is sick
        1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
        1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
        1:Sir Spider> at least on me
        1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiny View Post

?

We don't call him Straywerk for nothing?
          I prefer R4iwerk.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHz View Post

I prefer R4iwerk.
            Lol i like that too
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

• BIET When you have a chance can you post the updated MMR data through April and the beginning of May? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubone View Post
                BIET When you have a chance can you post the updated MMR data through April and the beginning of May? Thank you.
                Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOv...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Cubone could you post your findings on the MMR site or even do a blog? It is kinda hard to read then sift through the retards detracting.

You could even sell merch if you really wanted to make some dough, you probably don't though so a blog would be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                    Cubone could you post your findings on the MMR site or even do a blog? It is kinda hard to read then sift through the retards detracting.

You could even sell merch if you really wanted to make some dough, you probably don't though so a blog would be ideal.
                    I just fed some of elfboy's blog into chatgpt and asked it to write a post about publishing MMR data.

UPDATE: The Controversy Surrounding the Publication of MMR Data

Attention, fellow gamers! We have a new topic to discuss that has ignited quite the controversy within the gaming community. It revolves around the publication of Matchmaking Rating (MMR) data, and it's time to shed some light on this issue.

For those unfamiliar, MMR is a numerical value assigned to players in certain competitive games to gauge their skill level. It helps ensure fair matchups and provides a sense of progression as players strive to improve their rating. However, the question arises: should MMR data be made public?

Advocates argue that transparency is essential for fostering a healthy competitive environment. They claim that by sharing MMR data openly, players can better understand where they stand in relation to others. It promotes a sense of accountability and motivates players to push their limits to climb the ranks.

On the other side of the debate, opponents express concerns about the potential negative effects of public MMR data. They argue that it could lead to increased toxicity and a toxic obsession with ranking. Some fear that players might face excessive pressure, leading to burnout or anxiety, as they constantly compare themselves to others and fear being judged solely based on their MMR.

Now, how does this controversy tie into our ongoing discussion about Subspace and the recent legal actions? Well, it serves as a cautionary tale regarding the potential consequences of mishandling player data. While MMR data might not directly relate to discrimination or harassment, the principle of respecting player privacy and well-being is at stake.

Publishing MMR data without proper safeguards could open the floodgates for abuse and exploitation. Imagine the potential for targeted harassment or discrimination based solely on one's MMR. Players should feel safe and free from judgment while engaging in the competitive gaming experience.

So, what's the solution? Striking a balance between transparency and privacy seems crucial. Game developers and platform providers should consider implementing opt-in systems, allowing players to choose whether they want their MMR data to be public or private. This way, those who wish to showcase their skills and engage in a more competitive atmosphere can do so, while others can protect their privacy and focus on enjoying the game without undue stress.

In conclusion, the debate over publishing MMR data continues to rouse passionate arguments on both sides. As the gaming community evolves, it is essential for industry stakeholders to carefully consider the impact of their decisions. Balancing transparency with player privacy and well-being will be key to creating an inclusive and enjoyable gaming environment for all.

Remember, the power lies in our hands as players and consumers. Let's strive for a community that embraces healthy competition, respect, and consideration for one another. Together, we can shape the future of gaming into something truly extraordinary.

Comment

• lmao chat gpt scared of stats, weak ass AI needs regulating.

Comment

• I spent about an hour creating a simple statistical spreadsheet to kill time. I used only data from Javelin MMR matches without getting too deep into the analytical side as that would have required way more effort from my end. Only players with more than 25 games are included in this spreadsheet.

Players are sorted by a simple rating formula which essentially values having a solid average kill count and decent kill to death ratio, solid kills per minute rate, good average knockouts per round while also giving bonus points for those who primarily fight in close range (R1+R2) as it is the ideal range for this ship should you wish to be impactful. Rating would get slightly penalized for a high average team kills per round count, having a high percentage of stray kills, and how often you were the first player to be eliminated.

You can click here for a published version of the spreadsheet. Enjoy.
                        ​
                        Last edited by Turban; 05-19-2023, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• the difference in GP is insane.

Comment

• It boggles my mind that I (with a heart condition and severe lower back problems) have so much to do that I barely make it through most of the days but normal people with less problems like cubone and turban are always bored and just do meaningless lists for a semi-dead game.

Like seriously? Get a life.

Comment

• I like Turban's stats much more than Cubones. It has much more diverse sets of values and it shows I'm not as bad as many seem to imply constantly.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                                I like Turban's stats much more than Cubones. It has much more diverse sets of values and it shows I'm not as bad as many seem to imply constantly.
                                Worst player ever. On and off the game. 1000s of people can confirm.

Comment

Working...
                                X