No announcement yet.

Full Charge Greens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To tell you the truth, I really don't care if there is FC GREENS or not. I rarely use them myself, nor am I a master at utilizing them. Yeah, in ELIM there is tons of them, but in twdd...very rare do I see them.

One time in elim, I saw Destroy do a close range 3 bullet spread on Prylajavec, I wish I had a screenshot of it. I don't have that skill with FC Green Snipe spreads, but it is an interesting tactic.

The only thing I disagree on is why does TWDD use FC Greens for the whole year. Logically, doesn't it imply that TWLD should have similiar settings since twdd is used to qualify for twld.

I know what your saying Randled, they should have taken them out of twdd a long time ago or atleast at the start of TWD Season 2. But the big question is why do they let it go on?

Then why the f*ck did they keep these FC Greens in TWDD all year? Maybe the TWL ops wana experiment this season with FC Greens.

Comment

Experiment with what? Invisible greens deciding the end of matches? Nobody is experimenting, Lnx is just an out of touch Op.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Experiment with what? Invisible greens deciding the end of matches? Nobody is experimenting, Lnx is just an out of touch Op.
        Well I have no idea Mattey, just guessing, never knew that was the case about Lnx being out of touch with things. I normally would assume people doing TWD operations would know this stuff and have a dialogue with some of the big names in the game for feedback.

I'm sure you or Randled must have talked with him about FC Greens. Why doesn't he take FC Greens out of twdd especially with the start of TWLD qualifications?

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub

I'm sure you or Randled must have talked with him about FC Greens. Why doesn't he take FC Greens out of twdd especially with the start of TWLD qualifications?
          This is why I made this thread.
          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Rushers are always going to want FC taken out, while radar shooters will always want them in. For me, FC are my first, and nearly only, line of defense for rushers. I am sure that Priitk could easily fix this invisi green problem, but he prolly won't. In twd, FC doesn't play as big of role as you would think. The number of greens, atm, is directly related to how many people there are in the arena, with a cap set at 35 or so, I think. But not every green out there is a FC green either. There are 2 options for rushers here. #1 They don't rush... Of course, that's the only way over half the ppl can do anything since they can only kill someone in front of them. #2 They watch the bounty of the guy they are chasing. If they ever see the bounty increase, they should back off. Of course, this takes more concentration on their part, and of course they have very little to spare as is.

As far as FC used in TWD matches goes, I myself, who is a very avid green use in elim as most people know, rarely get any chances to exploit a FC on a rusher... Mainly because if you stick together with your team, people don't rush after you... Which is what should be happening in the first place. RUshers should NOT rush into a group of 4 or 5 ships just to kill 1 person... And if they do and that person being chased happens to get a FC after firing at the person just previously... My god, he deserves that kill since the chances of that actually occuring are going to be very, very slim.

I say, if they are going to take FC greens out, then you better take out the ability to spawn, too. Since spawning is way more common than FC kills. Of course, most people accept that it is there... Of course, there are so many ways it could be fixed, but I don't see people trying to get it done.

Comment

Invisible greens were not meant to be a part of the game, and CAN NOT be corrected unless you get rid of fc's. It's a broken part of the game, that needs to be fixed.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                Invisible greens were not meant to be a part of the game, and CAN NOT be corrected unless you get rid of fc's. It's a broken part of the game, that needs to be fixed.
                I like greens...I don't like invis ones...damn
                _-Tri/p_

Comment

Invisible greens? Hmm... How about these things I found in settings:

Prize:TakePrizeReliable:0:1:Whether prize packets are sent reliably (C2S)
                  Prize:S2CTakePrizeReliable:0:1:Whether prize packets are sent reliably (S2C)

Not QUITE sure though, as I can't remember what exactly causes the invisible greens.
                  Last edited by Kuukunen; 04-07-2004, 07:44 PM.

Comment

One day Wark (or Renge) was explaining to me about invisible FC Greens; something about the Server doesn't update the new green to all connected clients within that arena. If this is the case, then we all need to be connected to this game with faster internet connections.... IN any system, the weakest chain in the link dictates how the whole system performs. So you have mostly good connected players and afew bad apple laggers just to reduce the whole system to the lowest throughput speed.

Mattey, I would assume you or Randled probably could talk with LNX while online and give him the feedback needed if he is out of touch with Warbird dueling. I have no idea if the forums actually get thru to the right people who can make the changes you want. Sure it wakes us all up, and makes your point to the masses.

Thanks anyhow for making me think about FC Greens, like around 3-4 months ago I hear people mention invisi-greens in ELIM...but never fully understood this, just thought they were joking around. Though I have specced some people, and said what the hell, that player shot twice, yet no green? What?

But your logic makes complete sense; can't fix invisi-FC Greens (flaw in game at this time) then no choice but to take out FC Greens for TWLD to make it a fair match.

Comment

1 hand: twd op who doesn't care about dueling
                      other hand: ppl who aren't twd ops telling him what to do. . .

uhhhh

anywho,

Originally posted by MetalKid
                      Rushers are always going to want FC taken out, while radar shooters will always want them in. For me, FC are my first, and nearly only, line of defense for rushers. I am sure that Priitk could easily fix this invisi green problem, but he prolly won't. In twd, FC doesn't play as big of role as you would think. The number of greens, atm, is directly related to how many people there are in the arena, with a cap set at 35 or so, I think. But not every green out there is a FC green either. There are 2 options for rushers here. #1 They don't rush... Of course, that's the only way over half the ppl can do anything since they can only kill someone in front of them. #2 They watch the bounty of the guy they are chasing. If they ever see the bounty increase, they should back off. Of course, this takes more concentration on their part, and of course they have very little to spare as is.

As far as FC used in TWD matches goes, I myself, who is a very avid green use in elim as most people know, rarely get any chances to exploit a FC on a rusher... Mainly because if you stick together with your team, people don't rush after you... Which is what should be happening in the first place. RUshers should NOT rush into a group of 4 or 5 ships just to kill 1 person... And if they do and that person being chased happens to get a FC after firing at the person just previously... My god, he deserves that kill since the chances of that actually occuring are going to be very, very slim.

I say, if they are going to take FC greens out, then you better take out the ability to spawn, too. Since spawning is way more common than FC kills. Of course, most people accept that it is there... Of course, there are so many ways it could be fixed, but I don't see people trying to get it done.
                      anybody who can only play one sort of style (rush, radar, whatever else) will always have a weakness, however, if you are playing a radar game and get rushed, that's your fault.

next, there are far too many greens in twdd, and far too many of those greens are full charges.

half the problem with the stupid greens is that any time a guy gets a green, any time you see his bounty go up, you have to peel off. that's rediculous. a warbird getting a burst after he made a horrible shot could directly make it so that i don't kill him?

nobody should be rewarded for having no energy, use some wits and you won't need full charges.

let's use your example. . . imagine that rusher going into a pack of 5 hits a full charge as he rushes, another pops up right after he's shot and he's still holding ctrl and gets another shot away - 2 kills, down to 3 - next he repeats the performance with the 2 greens from the ppl he just shot, somehow he lag 2fers 2 ppl and hits the 3rd, all in the space of less than 5 seconds.

realistic? maybe not. possible? definately. full charges reward stupidity.

ps. it doesn't take a genious to figure out that they should use greens. it has nothing to do with a player being "elite" enough to realize that, gimme a break.
                      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                      Philos> there is something about you
                      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

That's not going to happen, randedl. There is no way a single person is going to rush into a group of 5 who have full energy and get a shot off, even if he gets a fc. Where did you get this "elite" shit from. I never said that anywhere in my post. Bottom line is that the people who are complaining about these greens don't know how or just aren't using the greens themselves, while the people who want them do use them. If everyone used them to their advantage, it would be even and no one would complain. FC greens are going to be the only way to win a game when the rest of your teammates are out and its you vs 3 or 4 other people. I am sure you will say that people in that situation don't deserve to win or something to that extent, but I don't care.

Comment

I've rushed into a group of 5 and killed 2 people by exploiting FC's. They reward bad players (myself included sometimes) and bring a whole lot more luck into dueling. If a more sensible Op was in place, FC's would have been taken out a long time ago.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Me and Aerin ended a game once using FC's. We all had 9 left but it was 4 of them and 2 of us. 2 seconds after they rushed us we won.

Look, Full Charges are part of the game, sure invisible ones are a pain in the ass but its easily avoided if you dont rush and pick your attack points more carefully. Just stay away from the middle.
                            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Randedl:
                              anybody who can only play one sort of style (rush, radar, whatever else) will always have a weakness, however, if you are playing a radar game and get rushed, that's your fault.
                              I 100% aggree with you on this, and its totally true. Some people have silly arguements what is better non-rusher vs rusher? Well neither, a good warbird dueler should be skilled in both areas.

But good rushers seem to get all the attention, because when they successfully rush and kill their prey it has the most owning feeling.

I personally respect the tricky cunning wb duelers who can fool most of us into to making that fatal useless firing for the setup and then kill.

As for myself, I have trouble with rushing; I try it sometimes if I have a good setup and depending on who I face. But still I know its important to be good at both. Some people just stagnate and say they'll never be good at rushing.

Anyhow back to FC Greens, what Mattey is saying is right? Yep, I have seen this over and over.. rush into a group fire (kill 1), go over a FC green -- fire (kill a 2nd). I haven't done this alot myself (cause I play too cautious), but I have seen other reckless people do it.

But utilizing FC Greens is a bit tricky too, I have experimented with FC Green Sniper spreads and its hard to aim well on both shots yet fire them almost at the same time. All I you can do, is radar the BLIP, then on the 2nd to a slight flicked tiny deviation on the firing angle.

I have specced Burnt/Syndicate and Destroy/-Final- in Elim they sure have skill with sniper spreads. However, I'm not saying thats all their good at and know they don't depend on this. Just using them as an example...

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                                let's use your example. . . imagine that rusher going into a pack of 5 hits a full charge as he rushes, another pops up right after he's shot and he's still holding ctrl and gets another shot away - 2 kills, down to 3 - next he repeats the performance with the 2 greens from the ppl he just shot, somehow he lag 2fers 2 ppl and hits the 3rd, all in the space of less than 5 seconds.

realistic? maybe not. possible? definately. full charges reward stupidity.
                                Like MetalKid said, that's not going to happen. But even if it did.. or say just something like what Mattey said (rushing into 5 people and killing 2), that seems pretty damn skillful to me. Pretty damn lucky, if you can get that many FC's in succession, but pretty impressive, too. And think, if all the 5 players on the other squad miss their shots and allow him to have that chance, don't they deserve to be killed? That's pretty crappy on their own part.

The only beef I have with what MK says is the "watch the bounty while you rush" thing. You try it. Not only is it extremely distracting to do that, but you forget also that there's a fatal lag delay between your opponent getting the green and you actually seeing the change in his bounty. By the time you recognize it, he's already stopped and fired at you. As Mattey correctly put it, invisigreens are a broken part of the game and they have to go, period. Don't make excuses for that, or try to come up with silly, impractical ways of dealing with it.

I really believe a compromise of only allowing greens from destroyed ships would be the best solution here. It would both limit the total number of greens, and virtually eliminate invisigreens.
                                Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Working...
                                X