No announcement yet.

Squad Hopping Throughout TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squadhopping in TWD is always going to be there, and its pointless to try to stop it. Heck its normal for a player to go through some squads before they find a good one.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

i havent really read this entire thread but one way to stop squad hoppers is make the wait 2 weeks after joining a squad before they can play a match.

it would also stop people from dissolving squads so fast then making a new one with the exact same people and captain the next day.... well, if not stop it, maybe take the level of squad hopping down a notch atleast

Comment

It seems like every time i find a squad i like, it dissolves a month later...
        Merf. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
          Sure, I'd think about it... for about a split second at most. Ruine can take his lagcheating ass and go fuck himself. I'd like to see Ruine on Mambo about as much as I'd like to see Bush re-elected come November.
          Hahaa, that was great. I think loyalty to a squad is a very important thing. Its really uncool when you get those hoppers that can get onto a good squad but they just hop around to all different good squads every week. cough* mega newbie cough* Personally i respect people more in this game who put effort in helping out their squad, and not hopping around, going to any random squad and not caring. Look at me, I LOVE basing, but im in a strictly javelin/warbird squad. Any time I even suggest playing a BD on the chat everyone tells me to fuck off. I actually base more than i duel now, but im still going to stay with my squad all of TWL. Ive put too much time and effort into this squad and made many new friends here, so im not just going to give that all up because i want to base more.
          I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            warportal alone makes Disoblige fucking rock. I can list at least a half dozen others off the top of my head that also make it rock.
            I know what you think of Incuria, I didn't need us on that list. But I guess that if you see your squaddies one hour in a week, it's allright, if you just like their personality. warportals 15 minutes a day would make you wet your pants.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
              No they shouldn't, there are a lot of shitty squads out there. They just haven't found a good one yet. Who are you to say that others have to stay on a squad that they hate in order to play TWD's. This is a stupid idea that should never be implemented.
              who would join to squad which he/she hates? or if he want leave then leave and wait that time till he can play twd again. ppl should look better which squads they like.
              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                I know what you think of Incuria, I didn't need us on that list. But I guess that if you see your squaddies one hour in a week, it's allright, if you just like their personality. warportals 15 minutes a day would make you wet your pants.
                You hit the nail on the head. For me, a squad is all about personality. I'd rather have a good time shooting the shit and cracking some jokes more than anything else.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

yeah, a-s is fun until era signs on, then i feel dumb.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                    i havent really read this entire thread but one way to stop squad hoppers is make the wait 2 weeks after joining a squad before they can play a match.

it would also stop people from dissolving squads so fast then making a new one with the exact same people and captain the next day.... well, if not stop it, maybe take the level of squad hopping down a notch atleast
                    I agree with you 100%, exactly the point turn squad hopping down a notch.

This would encourage squad loyality and more stable long term squads would result because of this.

If you don't like a squad's personality, then leave it. I think if someone joins say for 1-3 days grace period and don't like what they see, they shouldn't be penalized. But if they stay on it for around 2-4weeks, then they should.

As for the Cig Smoke issue, leaving tanked for Shriek. He did stay on Tanked for awhile didn't he? He probably left Tanked, so he could be in TWL. You will all remember Cig Smoke was on Cripples for a long time, after leaving it, he has been on squads for less time. Its tough leaving a squad you were on for a long time, its hard to get use to new people.

I left Akua right after TWL deadline to create my own squad. I was a bit unhappy we were so close to qualifications on the TWLD ladder, yet we went too inactive 2 days before deadline.

Ever since I dissolved my squad Puritanical, I was on various squads, at most staying with them fro 2-3weeks. I was on Akua, Syne, Warpath, Geared, back to Akua, currently now I created my own squad: Assemblage. I came to the conclusion, if I'm on a squad I must be in squad leadership (a Captain). When I'm on a squad, I like to organize it. Keep in mind, 80-90% of these squads I was on they all good people on them, however, I feel a cause within to create my own squad.

Whats the point of telling my story? Well for every squad hopper, there is usually many reasons for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                      yeah, a-s is fun until era signs on, then i feel dumb.
                      Yah I felt dumb too thinking I was the dumbest person on earth... but just Erathia's presence changes that.

Comment

I guess I am a squad hopper as I have been on two other squads in the last year. 1st Paladen for 4 months & the A-S for 5 - 6 months. After Playing TW for NS for so many years and never leaving, I had an urge to see what else was out there. I am now back on NS and feel at home again. Not that there was anything bad about Paladen or A-S, but for me it was a comfort thing.

Most people jump squads to get into a better squad or to have a shot at entering TWL due to there squad not making the cut. I thought that I wanted that as well...to get into TWL, but now in retrospect, I just landed back on NS where I feel comfortable and enjoy the yrs friendships with my old squadmates.

To sum it up....I guess there are those that hop squads to be on the elite squads & those that want to be with a squad of friends that regardless of league just have a good time in TW.

Loyalty to your squad? or to ones self in making the grade of being the elite?

The old rule I think was that you can hop to a new squad, but had a 30 day period as to where you could not participate in actual league play. Maybe it should be 60 days now, so that your contribution to the squad you have joined will not be due to strengthening the squad on an immediate basis, but rather that you want to be on this squad regardless if your not eligable to play for a good part of the season.

As for the name changers that double squad...wasn't the old rule summed up that your disqualified from any league play for that entire league season? I am a bit fogged in this area as it has been over two yrs since I actually played in TWL...or whenever it was that Crome was last in charge of league...time just moves to quick anymore in TW!

Anyway...I think Jason & Cig summed it up well in there posts!
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                        X