Is it time to add res cap to twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    And this was a thread about resolution limits...
    yeah unfortunately this happens every time jessup posts in a thread it's a good example of why nobody wants to play with him and he's always last picked in dt
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

yeah unfortunately this happens every time jessup posts in a thread it's a good example of why nobody wants to play with him and he's always last picked in dt
      Every reply I made here was pertinent to the topic at hand and filled with effort by me to stay on point until you had to insult and make personal attacks on me Beam. You started a derailing process yourself from the beginning of this thread by belittling select players in the opening paragraph and continued with preemptive attacks on myself and others throughout the thread. You are such a gaslighter.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Beam did it the right way. He was transparent with the poll. It clearly was designed to inform everyone on keeping competitive gaming balanced with the same resolution as their other leagues.

How Jessup doesn’t understand this is beyond me. She’s defending the guy who is banned for wishing death on other players. It is fair to say her character should also be in question here. Birds of the same feather flock together.

Comment

Originally posted by make tw great again View Post
          She’s defending the guy who is banned for wishing death on other players. It is fair to say her character should also be in question here. Birds of the same feather flock together.
          Care to show me where I defended 2pac over any death threats? How do you equate what I said here to that? I was merely addressing the res cap issues and defending myself against beams nasty personal gaslighting troll attacks. You trying to equate my character to that nonsense is ridiculous.. . Please ..
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Care to show me where I defended 2pac over any death threats? How do you equate what I said here to that? I was merely addressing the res cap issues and defending myself against beams nasty personal gaslighting troll attacks. You trying to equate my character to that nonsense is ridiculous.. . Please ..
            first the guy spews shit all over the thread then when called out immediately tries to play the victim card typical jessup behavior and another example of why nobody wants the guy on their twdt team
            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

first the guy spews shit all over the thread then when called out immediately tries to play the victim card typical jessup behavior and another example of why nobody wants the guy on their twdt team
              What shit did I spew? I made posts relating to the res cap and my opinions on it . I didn't insult anyone preemptively.. unlike you. Troll gaslighter beam.
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I just bought a monitor this month, with a native res of 2560x1440. It runs the game fine in 1920x1080.

My old monitor would not support 1920x1080 having a different aspect ratio allowing 1920x1200.

There is really not much difference between 1080 and 1200. The cap should be 1920x1200 which would be close enough to balanced for all 3 aspect ratios, 4:3, 16:9, 16:10.

Back to the original post, for once I agree with beam. Make the cap the same for all competitive arenas for consistency.
                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                (10 seconds later)
                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

There is now a poll in-game for this res cap in ?go TWD.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                    When I am trying to explain things to my niece and nephew who are both young I've found pictures are best sometimes. Decided I'd go ahead and do that here since I think people don't understand the disparity between the standard league resolution (1920x1080 aka 1080p) vs.4k resolution that some use (3840x2160 aka 4k). 4K is just shy of being 4 times larger than 1080p which is how it got its name. Look at this then please give me a valid argument for not having a res limit in ranked/competitive games as hopefully this visual helps clarify what we are trying to do in this thread.

PS: Most of us play with dark green. Hacky, 2pacz and a couple others use red.
                    Incorrect I dont play on 4k. I play on 1440p 2560x1440 (3.7) and I've been playing on that for ages, stop lying to people and stop putting false narratives on people ixador aka grasps
                    Last edited by 2pac; 12-01-2020, 11:07 AM. Reason: RR dont like the obscenity
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Is it really this hard to have a constructive conversation within this community? Why does it always have to come down to people attacking people...
                      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                      (10 seconds later)
                      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

if they gonna attack my playstyle or res i play on then they gonna get attacked 4 being clowns

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I haven't even heard mention of scaling, which is a critical part of 4k monitors, and something that this game can't deal with. For instance, right now in TWDD I'm capped at 1920x1200, even though my system uses 150% scaling, so I end up with a tiny window when set to 1920x1200. Completely unfair.

Res caps are BS and pointless because we're playing 20th century technology on 2020 equipment. Pretty much anyone who buys a good monitor from now onward is going to have to deal with scaling, and until this game can account for scaling (likely never), then we shouldn't be capping resolutions. It's a double-edged sword anyway, so what difference does it make?
                          Last edited by SpaceHiker; 11-30-2020, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

I generally stay out of this stuff because it doesnt really effect me in any way shape or form but I've been trying to dust off the old wb lately and this image shocked me a bit. Ive never used anything other than default settings since day 0 on SS. In fact I don't even know HOW to get my res above my default which is 1440x880 I believe. After this pic I might try to figure it out simply because I'm curious if having half the screen of all my competition really makes that much of a difference in my game or not
                            1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                            Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceHiker View Post
                              I haven't even heard mention of scaling, which is a critical part of 4k monitors, and something that this game can't deal with. For instance, right now in TWDD I'm capped at 1920x1200, even though my system uses 150% scaling, so I end up with a tiny window when set to 1920x1200. Completely unfair.

Res caps are BS and pointless because we're playing 20th century technology on 2020 equipment. Pretty much anyone who buys a good monitor from now onward is going to have to deal with scaling, and until this game can account for scaling (likely never), then we shouldn't be capping resolutions. It's a double-edged sword anyway, so what difference does it make?
                              Qan you should promote this guy, he got common sense which beam doesn't.

They are BS and they should allow any resolution, or else this zone gonna die out.

honestly they should make it zone-wide or not at all - nipple nibbler

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Heads up, SpaceHiker isn't TW staff. He's the SSC Head Ban Op.
                                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X