No announcement yet.

Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really hope staff finds a way to detect people that use CE so i can laugh at how dumb u fucking obsessed idiots look calling us ALL cheaters. then you all can realize that you still blow even from playing this game 3 years or in eph's case 5+ -89
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
    1:waven> is if im going to prison
    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

• We know you're not ALL cheaters... one cheater is enough to turn the tide of any game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll King
        You're mature enough, and have been around long enough, to know that how you present yourself on these forums may well be enough for people to get an idea of who you are and what you are like. If you think his assessment of you isn't what you're really like, then maybe you should look at how you present yourself. If you look over what he said, he makes it clear that he is commenting on your attitude on these forums based on your postings here. As he's keeping it in that context then that may very well be a fair assessment.
        He, and you, are welcome to make any assessment you wish. The vast majority of my posts have had the best interest of the community as the objective. Given the number of posts that others do that only serve to flame others and/or build themselves up, I am somewhat surprised at the assumptions that are being made.

I have no regrets, I stand by my behavior as being honest and open. Judging a book by it's cover might not be the best approach when making judgments about a person's character.
        Anyone who has ever been on a squad with me, or has spent the time getting to know me will atest to the fact that I am a giving person. This includes helping them fix their computers, doing artwork for them, and even helping with schoolwork and college enterance papers.
        I don't know if you or Adman do that kind of stuff, and as such I would not make judgments about your total character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
          He, and you, are welcome to make any assessment you wish. The vast majority of my posts have had the best interest of the community as the objective. Given the number of posts that others do that only serve to flame others and/or build themselves up, I am somewhat surprised at the assumptions that are being made.

I have no regrets, I stand by my behavior as being honest and open. Judging a book by it's cover might not be the best approach when making judgments about a person's character.
          Anyone who has ever been on a squad with me, or has spent the time getting to know me will atest to the fact that I am a giving person. This includes helping them fix their computers, doing artwork for them, and even helping with schoolwork and college enterance papers.
          I don't know if you or Adman do that kind of stuff, and as such I would not make judgments about your total character.
          LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL JUST SHUTUP PLEASE
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

• But he's not judging your total character. He's making judgements about how you post. He's saying your posts are arrogant, and whether you think you are in "real life" or among your squads is immaterial. You may give tech support advice, help people with essays and help little old ladies across the street. But none of that affects whether or not you sound arrogant when you post. You may very well be an angel in all those other situations but he doesn't feel that you are that way here. Again, if you feel that this is not a true reflection of your character, don't blame him for making that assumption. He's only basing it on what he sees, and he cited examples for you. Adman's post was actually rather tame by forum flaming standards. Like he said: he thinks you're demeaning in ways you don't think you're demeaning. You don't think you're demeaning at all, and that's what he said. If you really are much different from how he's perceiving you, then show him otherwise; the only thing you're doing right now is proving his point. Your last post itself was very pompous and arrogant in it's own right.

Comment

• if you people actually have time to debate stupid shit about a 2d game like this, then i just dont no...
              Singularit> Ive seen old men do alot of scary shit
              Beasts> ur grandpa always runs around on ice singu?
              Unorthadox> LMAO
              Unorthadox> LMFAO
              Singularit> mine does
              Singularit> but hes ubergrandpa
              Unorthadox> ROFL

Comment

But he's not judging your total character. He's making judgements about how you post. He's saying your posts are arrogant, and whether you think you are in "real life" or among your squads is immaterial. You may give tech support advice, help people with essays and help little old ladies across the street. But none of that affects whether or not you sound arrogant when you post. You may very well be an angel in all those other situations but he doesn't feel that you are that way here. Again, if you feel that this is not a true reflection of your character, don't blame him for making that assumption. He's only basing it on what he sees, and he cited examples for you. Adman's post was actually rather tame by forum flaming standards. Like he said: he thinks you're demeaning in ways you don't think you're demeaning. You don't think you're demeaning at all, and that's what he said. If you really are much different from how he's perceiving you, then show him otherwise; the only thing you're doing right now is proving his point. Your last post itself was very pompous and arrogant in it's own right.
                well when you're talking to kids and trying to teach them life lessons, of course you're going to sound arrogant. He is simply stating what I think the majority of the zone feels toward cheating as a whole. If you can think of someone more qualified to tell us how allowing cheaters to play in league like dice is relates to the rest of the zone in general, then please find them and have them do so. Talking about someones character over some forum posts just deflects the attention from the topic at hand which is how the zone should deal with people who have been known to cheat. It seems borderline ridiculous to me to talk about this game as sort of a real sport when you question the integrity of the leagues top competitors, but i guess if you're going to play something theres really no point if it doesnt matter how good you are at it when some 15 year old with CE keeps beating you and manages to get some kind of ego boost from it.
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

• Lemar is so full of lies that he doens't even know what's true and what's false anymore. So if you want a good story teller for your kid, give Lemar a call!!

Not gonna feed him anymore by saying anything, i just hope he knows how pathetic he really is...
                  -Kawrae

Comment

• Who cares it is just basing, its not like this is something important like twl-d or anything. Basing Ego lol.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

But he's not judging your total character. He's making judgements about how you post. He's saying your posts are arrogant, and whether you think you are in "real life" or among your squads is immaterial. You may give tech support advice, help people with essays and help little old ladies across the street. But none of that affects whether or not you sound arrogant when you post. You may very well be an angel in all those other situations but he doesn't feel that you are that way here. Again, if you feel that this is not a true reflection of your character, don't blame him for making that assumption. He's only basing it on what he sees, and he cited examples for you. Adman's post was actually rather tame by forum flaming standards. Like he said: he thinks you're demeaning in ways you don't think you're demeaning. You don't think you're demeaning at all, and that's what he said. If you really are much different from how he's perceiving you, then show him otherwise; the only thing you're doing right now is proving his point. Your last post itself was very pompous and arrogant in it's own right.
                      Go back to Ad's original post and how it reads. His sentence mentions 'these forums'. Not just this thread, but all of my posts for the last few years. And in that context, I can easily demonstrate many, many posts where I have offered help or actually helped people (examples exist Tech Support). Is this not applicable? Are my other posts in the rest of this forum where I help people not under consideration for some reason?

I agree that in this particular thread I got arrogant. I am compassionate about an issue that I think is damaging the game. So if anyone wanted to even spend a few moments thinking or caring about me (as opposed to the much more important issue of cheating in TW), why wouldn't I be cut any slack? Why wouldn't someone consider my entire history of posts? If this wasn't mostly about my particular posts in this thread, why did he not just make a new thread about my arrogance?

Comment

• Originally posted by wark <ER>
                        Who cares it is just basing, its not like this is something important like twl-d or anything. Basing Ego lol.
                        Isn't this thread about cheating in TW?

Comment

• Lets make it about quicksand! Everyone seems to love threads about quicksand!
                          -Bubbles
                          Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                          Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
                            Go back to Ad's original post and how it reads. His sentence mentions 'these forums'. Not just this thread, but all of my posts for the last few years. And in that context, I can easily demonstrate many, many posts where I have offered help or actually helped people (examples exist Tech Support). Is this not applicable? Are my other posts in the rest of this forum where I help people not under consideration for some reason?

I agree that in this particular thread I got arrogant. I am compassionate about an issue that I think is damaging the game. So if anyone wanted to even spend a few moments thinking or caring about me (as opposed to the much more important issue of cheating in TW), why wouldn't I be cut any slack? Why wouldn't someone consider my entire history of posts? If this wasn't mostly about my particular posts in this thread, why did he not just make a new thread about my arrogance?
                            You're equating being helpful with "not being arrogant". Helping others and being arrogant are neither opposing concepts nor mutually exclusive. Bill Gates donates billions to charity but that doesn't mean he can't be arrogant. And when Adman thinks your behaviour on these forums tends to be arrogant, then I think it's clear that he doesn't just mean in this thread. He may very well have other examples from other threads to support his opinion. I never read it as a reference to just this thread. I can think of a couple off the top of my head that could lead people towards having that same opinion. I recognize too that you often try to help people, but again, that has no bearing on whether you are arrogant or not. I just find it odd that, when someone says you sound arrogant, pompous and demeaning, you respond by trumpeting all the good things about yourself and challenging others about whether they could say the same thing about themselves.

Adman didn't make a new thread about this because a new one isn't warranted. In fact, it'd be a little hypocritical if he did, for why would he want to start a whole new thread to complain about someone being arrogant? Why stoke the fire? You yourself were the one who brought up the issue of character in this thread, and as such, Adman's post was very much a continuation of the discussion.

Comment

• When I pointed out that the context of my character may indeed be gleaned from these forums, you are moved the argument towards a discussion of the definition of the word arrogant. I define the word ‘arrogant’ as a person being egotistical, narcissistic, and having an over-inflated sense of self worth. Is not that opposite of a person who cares about others and is willing to help them? Would not an arrogant person think more highly of their time then to help anonymous people in this community?

It feels as if you are saying that any person who is in a teaching position is libel to be perceived as arrogant and demeaning. So exactly how is someone to point this out to them and help them see things in a different way?

It is a fact that being twice the age of the other people here gives me more ‘life experience’ than them. Perhaps everyone, like yourself, who thinks my posts are arrogant should consider how you might be perceived by someone half your age. If you are 20, how would you be perceived by a 10 year old as you tried to help them? If you are 30, how would you be perceived by a 15 year old as you tried to help them?

If you can give me insight on how to do this, then I will change how I post.

Comment

• everyone (including me) on this game are arrogant because they generalize and dont listen to other people
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X