Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not enough people like dueling in spiders for it to ever be popular at all.
    1:pascone> bike u gonna fold like a shirt in twl?

jack> (6")-o KIRBY punches you two sillys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVYGbIUepQ

Comment

Originally posted by Fait
      Doc that means easy spawning. i e the other team can camp.
      make a spawn area that is uncampable, like in jd...
      There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW!
        I'd do a few things:

1)No random damage.
        2)Make the map much more closed in - like webcrawler, etc.
        3)Put in flags - either all together in the center or spread out - and make it a point race.
        4)Increase the number of players to 4,5,6, or 7.

Thoughts/Comments?
        i really think this is a good idea. tw has been in desperate need of a new form of basing since....well since the current crappy form with one door and 50+% cram-die-yawn was invented. i know random other basing things have been played around with for fun. but an actual twd league with spiders flagging in a small base i think could be successful. what makes these kinds of things fun is when the map is done well enough that there are multiple strategies that can be successful.

what makes basing suck is when the map is set up in such a way that someone discovers the best way to do things and then it becomes a competition on who can do that one thing better. coming up with 'cram' to me was kinda like when you were a little kid playing an early version of street fighter and you were playing one of those jackasses that would just sweep your legs over and over, its a problem with the set-up when one technique can come to dominate the majority of game play because it is effective to the point of unbalancing things.
        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

The random damage on it is kinda annoying, that should be taken out. The map isn't very good for using spiders either, not a bad map, just possibly the wrong purpose.

Mainly I think people need more of an incentive to get them into SDs in the first place. Possibly annouce the possibility of a TWSL, that way more squads might think they stand a chance of making that, if they can't make other leagues. Only an idea, but you never know. If it turns out still not enough squads SD, just cancel SL, simple as that!

Other than that SDing is pretty good, just need to get more squads into it, thats all!
          9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
          9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
          9:Basti> sure
          9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
          9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
          9:Basti> i'll score
          9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
          9:Basti> and take the flag
          9:Inaphyt> ROFL
          9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

the shared deaths is nice but 5 people and 50 deaths is way too much - I'd go with 3 people + 15 deaths. That would definedly make it less chaotic.
            Originally posted by Diakka
            Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

I think we should have 10 deaths each

50 deaths each is sucky cuz

4 instance: Ur squad sd's alot but u have one not-spidder but a javverr or sumthing - U all get 8-6 he gets 2-23 u lose

Also (every prity much agree's on this) a map with more obstacles
              Size, well it could be a lil smaller but not toooo much since then u Do get the problem of spawning.

But dont remove it, its fun 2 play every once in a while ^-^

Comment

i agree with apocalypse, but have the flags in 2-3 locations so it's almost more of a territories type game (for those of you who have played halo 2) where you must concentrate on both staying alive to keep your territories, being on the move to gain new ones, and killing enemies to take theirs. this basically encompasses the extent of twsd potential in my opinion.

and the map wouldn't have to be all that complex either. maybe just a huge thin plus sign with flags on the inside corners. extremely close together but taking time to travel to and find for. also i'd write an algorithm so the bot warps you to the teammate nearest to a friendly flag (if no friendly flags occupied, then the teammate nearest to an enemy flag) whenever you spawn so no leverage can be derived from spawning. It would also give a lot to the idea of respawning being a means of reinforcement rather than noob luck. just my 2 cents.
                -Dave

Comment

yea

I think if u just made the map a bit smaller and added the limit to 10 deaths it would make it a lil more fun and more like dd and jd's. not sayn more ppl will play but it will make it a lil better

Comment

keep settings and rules. Or just scrape it. Theres no point in using the others. Its pretyt hard to get 5 v 3ed in spider.. Teaming is necassary and if your out in 10 deaths. thats pretty lame. Keep it, or scrape it
                    Oar> hey intersect, i found a way to get recruited.
                    Intersect>really?
                    Intersect>how?
                    Oar> "hey, you guys look like you're down the river without an OAR"
                    Intersect> HAHAHAH ROFL LMAOMALMA

Comment

two things that will make sd better

1. Like some others mentioned make it flag-oriented preferably 2-4 flags so its territory based

2. Make a TWSL, when their r 3 other leagues to worry about, noone is ever going to bother with a pointless twsd.

Comment

lol ill tell u what twsd needs to get ppl to play it.... a twsl!

Comment

Originally posted by Task View Post
                          lol ill tell u what twsd needs to get ppl to play it.... a twsl!
                          Agreed. I would make my squad sd all the time if it were a league.
                          Indulgence

Comment

Working...
                          X