Assistant Captainship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airship View Post
    Barton I can code myself....with detail of how it would look like.....
    I nvr said that u could not code....
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

How about just doing what good squads have been doing for years, making sure your captain is trustworthy. We don't need more gay rules added to the already ruled up and draped out twd/twl.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

This wouldn't make it a rule, merely a link option for asscap privileges. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Barton View Post
          I nvr said that u could not code....
          Aww i did not mean it like that i mean that if liz cant do it i can help cos i know how to code too

Comment

Originally posted by Ignominy View Post
            no but he can make foreign do it
            I just want to say that this is petty. It's a free game, and as far as I know everyone involved with any kind of development is giving their free time to help. Let's try and treat each other with respect. So LF is in charge of something he doesn't know how to properly maintain; who cares as long as it's done? I would have done the work anonymously to be honest, but he mentioned my name pretty heavily here on the forums. What difference does it make as long as we have shit that works? Maybe there is something I don't know, but if that's the case you ought to be settling this kind of thing in private and not involving the entire forum.

And it ought to be as simple as adding an extra field or two to the appropriate table and binding them to a couple checkboxes. Unless you would want more specific control like Reaver's idea. If you wanted an assistant who could recruit but not challenge or accept matches, then there would need to be a change in matchbots to look for a different flag to determine whether player x can do anything besides !lagout.

I would think it more logical that permissions would cascade in a way that they could be seen as user levels that are inclusive of lower ones:

Player: normal rostered member of the squad. No special privileges.
            Assistant (limit 4): can control matchbots, but not TWD privileges.
            Super Assistant (limit 4): Can accept players onto the roster.
            Captain (limit 2): Can kick, promote, and demote ranks of Super Assistant and below.
            Owner (limit: 1): Can kick, promote, and demote all ranks and dissolve the squad.
            Last edited by Foreign; 03-31-2007, 03:43 AM.
            -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Vue View Post
              If you're worried about dissolving can't you make it so that each Captain has to agree before the squad is dissolved, and if Captains are inactive a TWD Op can be contacted to sort it out.
              This doesn't work, because a captain would most likely be able to demote other captains and then dissolve.

Originally posted by Cryp Wings View Post
              Why not just have it under the same rank, but the captain chooses the amount of powere the Assistant gets
              If you are already going to adjust the database and website, I think it would be much more rewarding and valuable to make a checklist of all privileges, rather than having two sets.
              Of course I don't know in what state the structure of the TWD database is, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.
              Note that I am solely talking about the SITE privileges, and not the ingame privileges like bot actions.

And kthx, your opinion was already lost on this thread. Subspace is part of the real world, it has real people, it has emotions, it has people that can seem trustworthy but in the end turn out to be assholes. Look at you/Savanger/Quicksand for a reference.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I like this idea. I think Having some intermediary ie 5) assistants 3) new level with ability to recruit or axe regular players and 3 caps. would be good. It would make it easier for new squads to function.

Comment

well you might as well code it in that only the owner or 'King Captain' has rights to dissolve since in effect thats how it is anyway. Then 2 regular caps that recruit/roster manage. Then 5 assists that can accept people to the roster..but lets look at it this way if your squad doesnt have 3 people active enough to log on and manage the roster you're wrong already in so many ways.
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

How to be succinct:

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                    I'm pretty sure this has either been suggested before, or at least discussed between TWD Ops.

However, many squadcaptains/creators don't feel like giving captainship for players so they can recruit people etc. It can turn out to be a total flop and a squad end up dissolving. Yes I know, you should choose your captains wisely, however not every squad can do that.

Also, if you don't want more captains, then you are the only one able to accept new players to roster, axe, promote or demote them etc.

Some squads already have so called Assistant Captains, which have the 'rights' to recruit players to the squad. However again, they lack the possibility to accept the players to roster.

My suggestion would be, to make a position 'AC' standing for Assistant Captainship. Their powers would be limited, yet more than an Assistant alone. AC's could logically challenge and accept matches for the squad, however, they would also have the powers to accept players into roster. They could NOT axe or demote players, nor could they dissolve the squad.

This way a squad captain doesn't need to worry about making someone a captain and stress about the squad being dissolved in 2 days. They could go on a vacation freely, yet have 1/2 AC's recruiting players if necessary.

Even the most trusted players as captains have made mistakes, so saying that "If you can't trust a person don't make him/her a cap" is a bit pointless.

1 or 2 AC spots could be given to players, but it would reduce the amount of assistants you can have.

Again, this wouldn't be the top priority for TWD Ops, bot and website coders. But I think it would be worth it, at least for some squads.

If you have suggestions or feedback for it, the system can always become better.

EDIT: Since it probably has been discussed before, what was the reason it hasn't been implemented yet?
                    If you have something against the idea, let me know what's up with it and what problems it may cause.

EDIT2:
                    Airship> I think that instead of having assistant captains just alter the powers of the current assistants
                    SeRtIfI> Yeah, it only needs altering the assistant powers
                    SeRtIfI> But captains should be able to make someone an AC
                    SeRtIfI> Because even if a person knows which squads to challenge/accept against
                    SeRtIfI> They might not know anything about recruiting new players
                    SeRtIfI> And having every assistant being able to recruit doesn't work
                    Yo, we should let assistant captains be able to accept players to their roster, but not have power to axe, demote, or dissolve.

Comment

I move for a "Mascot" position
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                        U would! :grin:
                        claushouse> so i had to rub vagisil or whatever the fuck on my dick for a few days and it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple Mistake View Post
                          U would! :grin:
                          I'm getting wood from your avatar :shifty:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                            We already have this position unofficially...

Disoblige: Ward
                            Sake: Squadless
                            Thunder: Vitja
                            Syndicate: confluence
                            -f-: disq

etc
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                              We already have this position unofficially...

Disoblige: Ward
                              Sake: Squadless
                              Thunder: Vitja
                              Syndicate: confluence
                              -f-: disq

etc
                              Sake: panda bear

Comment

currently any cap can add players and axe them a squad can have 3 caps and any assist can perform twd duties aka get matches lineups and such having 10 ppl in managment and 3 of them as lead managment seems like plenty for most squads. choose responsible loyal active players for your caps and assists this will let the caps have better control over what is going on roster wise and the assists can even it out twd wise getting matches and so on.
                                ?find dads revenge

Comment

Working...
                                X