Overtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime

Got a suggestion regarding overtime in TWDD and TWJD. Right now it only extends to overtime if the score is tied, which I think is stupid. It basically allows for someone to run like hell if they're up 49-48 but scared of their opponent. Win should only be awarded when a team scores 50 kills, which would give more incentive for the person at 49 to fight instead of run. Extend overtime to any game where the "up" team hasn't completed the game (completely killing off the other team).
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

hmm i don't duel much but if it was done when the score isn't tied wouldn't that allow more squads getting beat to just run to get OT just to be annoying and waste ppl's time ?

maybe bring in OT to be extended if the game is +/- 1 as well as 0 if this is a big problem in these close games but then maybe there is more incentive for the guy on his last death to take even less risks and run trying to pick off the other knowing he can force OT which is lamer

like i said i don't dd/jd much so i dunno , i'm usually the first out
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

I say when it hits 49-49 you get warped into a smaller circle facing away from each other like an old time showdown.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I agree with wark. I am sure that witness could make this happen without too much effort, it would only take a bot adjustment from maverick to change that.

But its Witness' call.

Comment

bots can't control which way your ship faces

Comment

Some walls can appear that makes the box smaller for wbs and impossible to run behind a big obstacle in javs, ie. the sides. kinda like in elims. its pretty much pointless to worry about it though. the only twd games that matter are between the last spots when qualifying for twl.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I say if time expires, each team is allowed to add 1 more player to complement the # of deaths remaining for each of the last 2.

e.g. 1v1: player a has 3 deaths remaining player B has 2 deaths remaining.

At the end of time, Team A can choose to give him 2 and another player 1 (still 3 deaths). And Team B could add another player with only 1 death, but takeaway 1 life from player B.

Could spice things up a bit non?

I think we are all tired of long drawn out 1v1 epic battles between super hiders. Now, the team that has the hider is at a disadvantage as the opposing team could add a rushing line. (works both away)).
              4:BigKing> xD
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                At the end of time, Team A can choose to give him 2 and another player 1 (still 3 deaths). And Team B could add another player with only 1 death, but takeaway 1 life from player B.
                Well, If a player has 10 deaths, would they be allowed in for this? Or would it have to be a player that does not have 10 deaths?
                (subbed players/plus subbed in players = 10) Would they be allowed to play.. etc.

Comment

You guys are delving far too deep here. All we really need is to not allow runners to run the clock out to get a win. This is mainly helpful when say team A has two players on 8 and 9 deaths, and team B has only 1 player but has 5 deaths to work with. Even though its a 2 vs 1 for team A, team B still has a 2 death lead and if so chooses can run the clock out for a win. The main idea here was the best one. Just not allow a round to finish until 1 team has 50 kills. You can always call in a mod if a player decides to just waste everybodies time. And it usually only takes a warning to get their point across. Good idea though I cant believe this wasnt addressed years ago.
                  2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I agree ^
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

just get good at killing teh runners
                      -Dave

Comment

^

like foreign said

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
                          just get good at killing teh runners
                          Lol I agree, it's not that hard to chase down runners. I like the way it's setup now...run from me you'll probably die anyways!

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Working...
                          X