Allow 3vs3 in TWDD/TWJD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add 2v2 league or add 3v3 to twd, either would probably increase activity

although I dont see the 2v2 league lasting unless there is some sort of playoffs and a meaningful ladder. By that I mean that it isn't hidden somewhere in the depths of the trench wars sites like elim/baseelim are.
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

It would be on the TWD site along with BD/JD/DD but it would be more like SD in that there isn't a corresponding TWL league so it's basically just for fun.
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
        why do we even do these polls? we don't do anything after we get a result.

remember that time some guy called witness did a poll on limited roster spots for twd? ya.. NOTHING HAPPENED after
        stabwound is actually getting shit done, the kind of twd op we need.

but as for this it's less likely to go through considering it's a huge change.
        1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
        Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
        1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
        1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
        beam> stfu tsunami
        Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
        beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
        Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

u all are mad stupid. Someone just get shit done to bring bak population for tw ffs. should just add option in twdd of if u want to use 3v3 or 4v4 or 5v5. call it good. that way u arent forcing anyone 2 do anything and u still have options. 2 cents afk. if theres 3,4, or 5 people online 2 play with then everyone wins. gg.
          TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
          2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
          TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
          TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
          cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
          Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

loooooool anyways this 3v3 thread is raping 27 - 18....... that means mpore people want it then not which makes riverside and jones lose. +1 again.

also since polls dont seem 2 matter much i will add on anither +1 from drafts and cres post 2 say mega gg here.
            TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
            2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
            TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
            TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
            cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
            Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

You really are retarded.

Comment

anything that lessens the chance of me having to jd with dwopple
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  you are a self proclaimed 10 year old pubber, don't intertwine yourself within the real business of this zone and instead make a thread about making it easier to use kill macro's after a really rough duel under the bottom safe.
                  Lol thread winner.

That 2v2 league for fun sounds like a good idea. After all, it can't really hurt anything even if it's not a hit.
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I like the 3vs3 idea. But also change league play to 4vs4 then. Or 3vs3. This would allow more squads to enter the leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
                      I thought the same until I realized that a game is made of round and 1 round can be 2v2 and the other 5v5 because of !ap ehhh :/
                      Can't you just weight it based on the number of rounds and number of players in each round? Not sure if its possible with the bot or just a lot more work for you , but something like this:

So if the whole game was 5v5 you risk/reward full points. A game played at 4v4 for the whole thing would be .8 of max points. If the first round of the game was 4v4 but the 2nd (or part of round 1 and then 2nd and on) it would be 1/2 (or 2/3) of the value between .8 and 1, so it would be .9 (or .933)..aka .4 + .5 = .9 (or for 3 rounds you'd have to average it I guess (.4 + .5 + .5)/3 * 2). In other words, each round played with 1 less player would be worth .1 or .06666 per player less depending on how many rounds the overall game went. The formula would be (1 - x * y) where x is either .1 or 0.6666 depending if the game was won in round 2 or 3, and y is calculated by taking the max number of players possible for a side subtracted by the actual number of players. So a 3v3 game that went 3 rounds would be (1 - 0.066 * 6). A game that went 3v3 then 4v4 then 5v5 would be (1 - 0.066 * 3)...aka .8 since it averages out logically to 3 rounds of 4v4. Naturally there would be some random issues because the 0.6666 is repeating...And now I am rambling about something that was probably obvious 4 sentences ago but its late and I'm using this as a procrastination. Oh well.
                      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Lol thread winner.

That 2v2 league for fun sounds like a good idea. After all, it can't really hurt anything even if it's not a hit.
                          ?go tourny

Comment

Because tourny runs all the time and it is so popular?
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Just a note to consider, 3v3 creates a much more independent style of play. I mean, everyone knows there's (supposedly) a lot more teaming involved in 5v5 than in 4v4, and the decrease in players involved is equivalent to an exponential decrease in teaming.

3v3 becomes more of a match of individual skills than it is about focusing on the teaming that I feel TWL is, at least partially, focused on.

As for activity, this would definitely increase games, but in my opinion, this ultimately becomes a question of quality* or quantity? Of course, smaller maps can help to reduce some of the individual play (I see 3v3 in the current TWDD map as mostly a game of 3 duels going on at the same time), but overall, the concept of teaming is mostly lost.

*yes, this is totally subjective to my perspective of quality; I personally enjoy watching a network of players working together more than the talents of one player.

I have more to say, but I've written enough....
                              -not in game

Comment

Conversely, make a multi-team league. Basically a deathmatch styled league where it can be 4v4v4v... Would be fun straying people nonstop.
                                http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Working...
                                X