Alternate BD/DD/JD maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate BD/DD/JD maps

The idea came up to add some alternate maps for TWD arenas for people to play in if they wanted to. The maps would be put in only one arena (like how twjd4 is) and the originals would be left so that it wouldn't interfere with people that prefer the old ones. It could be custom maps in only TWDD5+ an TWJD5+, for example. The idea was that if certain maps turned out to be well liked they could potentially be used in TWL as well, if both teams agreed to use them.

The question is, are there any existing maps that would be good/suitable for TWD? Or would anyone be willing to make some? I am not at all familiar with most of the event maps, but someone suggested the ?go warbird map.

Any comments on this?
    Last edited by Stabwound; 06-30-2010, 01:02 AM.
    sdg

This is a bad idea unless you are just talking about aesthetic changes to the map because the whole point of twd would be getting used to the map that you are going to play twlj/b/d in. I mean it would affect warbirds the least to be honest but still it would be dumb to have a warbird map with blocks just as it would be dumb to practice for twlb in ?go fatbase or boki.

However if you just want to change the look of the maps you can use ?go #qs its ugly as shit but I made it myself and it holds some value to the zone because of what it is.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I wouldn't mind new maps for TWJD and TWBD at all, as that could be a refreshing change. I could personally make a couple of new TWJD maps that would be nice but not much different from the original TWL/TWD ones.

Comment

yeah some diff maps would be a fun alternative in TWD

wasn't this tried once before with squads making their own maps but it never caught on ?

anyhow i doubt any new map will be hugely popular so probably not worth investing loads of time on but certainly worth checking out specialy since there is a good few maps available allready
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Well, yeah, we did have the "different tilesets" thing for TWL way back when, but this was more about actual different maps, not just changing the tileset.
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            This is a bad idea unless you are just talking about aesthetic changes to the map because the whole point of twd would be getting used to the map that you are going to play twlj/b/d in.
            this seems like a consideration for newer players, which isn't exactly a thing subspace experiences :P it would be interesting to provide new challenges for the majority of people who are now at least 4-year vets.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

New maps would definitely need to be tested a LOT before they were used. There could be a lot of loopholes involved with non-dev members making maps and tilesets.

Comment

I can just imagine it now though, not so much warbirds because I mean.. what are you really going to add to a twdd arena that wouldn't involve players and squads playing ring around the rosie around long walls of bricks or something, the most you could do is change the shape of the map or change the asteroid layout which the foremost has already been tried in twdtd and no offense to humid or whomever made the map it sucks, and the second thing wouldn't really matter if anyone would notice that to begin with.

Now as far as like.. holding a flag with a certain FR entrance or knowing which angle to shoot so you don't hit tiles in a base or learning javelin bomb shots in twjd/twbd would eventually piss off some people in twl.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I think it is a good idea as long as they remain optional for now and the main maps remain available for those who want to use them.

I will admit that the maps submitted for TWDT haven't been the best, but I just wanted something different. Who knows wark, maybe you'll find one you actually prefer. That said, it will be optional hopefully.
                  TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                  TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                  Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                  - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                  Originally posted by kthx
                  Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I guess it couldn't hurt to make twdd4/twjd4/twbd4 into arenas like warpwars - the warps, flamejavs, and boki respectively. I just think they should only be ran during twd off season IE before the final reset. Maybe you can do it a few weeks into this reset just to see if they even get used.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'd like to see some new twd maps. If they're good enough I'd also like to see them implemented in twl. TWLB would be affected the most because terrs wouldnt have burst locations, spots to sit, etc memorized, so they would need a few months with the map to get used to it.
                      http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

I would personally love to play a team match of TWD in ?go warbird style because it would define a totally different playstyle to the ship. More camping, team-rushing into opponents hiding behind blocks, patience, surrounding opponent that is behind an obstacle, much less straying and perhaps less spawning. It could be a good optional twdd5 map that could always be a some sort of change and an opportunity to go 1:1 for people that cannot afford to play on 1900 super resolution like me.
                        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

puukotushaava

good idea...
                          2:Chief Utsav> dwop scale 1-stayon how mad r u atm

Comment

Working...
                          X