New Idea: Freestyle Dueling League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole idea is retarded.

Why would anyone enter in a lanc with the shitty bullet damage it has nowadays (compared to one shot kills it used to have) or a spider when a wb will tear them all to pieces?

Think about it really hard. A spider has no fucking chance vs a bird who is skilled. I don't care how good the "spider" thinks he is. He is fucking garbage vs a wb that isn't a complete and total waste of fucking time... aka a basebird or a pubber.

Lancaster is fucking worthless now when it isn't one shot kill anymore. It's a piece of shit. It would get owned by a wb any day of the week as well.

This whole league is retarded. All your gonna get is 5 wbs vs 5 wbs and it will be wbduel with a different map.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      This whole idea is retarded.

Why would anyone enter in a lanc with the shitty bullet damage it has nowadays (compared to one shot kills it used to have) or a spider when a wb will tear them all to pieces?

Think about it really hard. A spider has no fucking chance vs a bird who is skilled. I don't care how good the "spider" thinks he is. He is fucking garbage vs a wb that isn't a complete and total waste of fucking time... aka a basebird or a pubber.

Lancaster is fucking worthless now when it isn't one shot kill anymore. It's a piece of shit. It would get owned by a wb any day of the week as well.

This whole league is retarded. All your gonna get is 5 wbs vs 5 wbs and it will be wbduel with a different map.
      thats why you set the wb limit to maxplayers - 1

also, if it is apparent that wbs are raping...well then just modify the settings on a spid or lanc a lil bit.

and spiders can quite easily kamikaze a wb out, as well as 1 shot them when they miss...lancs are even better @ 1shotting wbs who miss.

you call it retarded, i call it something new that could potentially spur interest.

but heaven forbid we try anything new that is very easy to do and takes our bot/maps people a mere 2 or 3 days of work to do....i mean let's rather just do nothing...that works way better at creating variance in a somewhat monotonous game.

please take your negativity back to general chat...we are being constructive here...
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

exalt you're talking crap, lancs will own this league...imagine if a wb tries to rush for a few seconds into the enemy, gets hit by a lancs multi-fire, bam, dead. Or if a wb simply misses, lanc has 2 shots to kill that wb before he can even reload and fire again. The use of spiders will basically be they spray fire everywhere so wbs will be skeptical whether they should fire or not as they might get killed by a random shot after they fire or they do fire and get owned. I think it's a good idea (Sorry for the poor grammar im in a rush)
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

As a warbird vs lancs, you would be pretty short-sighted to fire so close that lancs could counterattack effectively. Surely you would be sniping to maximise your ship+bullet speed?

But anyhow, speculation is no substitute for the real thing; my statement above could well be wrong too! Everyone has their different guess, not everyone can be right - if this is implemented then 90% of people here will be saying "Uhhh yeah that was pretty dumb of me to guess it'd pan out like that..."

But yeah, looks like there is some interest in all this afterall.

Comment

is the reso limit in this also gonna be 505005050505 x 508503850385389, pretty sure there is an advantage in seeing if a lance is shooting at you from far away or a spider
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

alright so the map is finished and now i would like some input from the players as to what they think of my two settings proposals:

1) some new settings:
              - all ships are allowed 1 turret, but when attached, the player gets a speed decrease.
              - only spider has antiwarp
              pro: this allows for an interesting change in teaming strategy, allowing easier regrouping.
              pro: encourages use of spider
              con: on attach, if your teammate is running, the reduced speed might cause him to die
              con: on attach, it's possible to get 2fer'd.

1) default settings:
              - regular settings for spider and warbird
              - regular settings for lanc (same as twbd lanc)
              pro: tw community doesn't really like change
              con: encourages using whichever ship is determined to be the best

other questions:
              should it be required for each team to have at least one of each ship?
              allow games of anywhere from 3v3 to 6v6?

please give me some input so we can get this rollin'
              Gun remembers.

Comment

the speed decrease is useless. it will end up being more of an annoyance than anything else. in twsd it was there for when you had flag. in this... why would you try to turret anyways? all its going to do is give someone a slow speed show when attaching - whether running away or chasing someone.

whether this league will work or not... i dont see the point there.

i dont know if it should be forced one of each ship, but maybe to force it not to be all wbs limit it to 1 wb in 3v3 and 2 in 4v4 and 3 in 5v5. i think that was mentioned earlier too. that will allow people to go all lancs or spiders if they want, but not all wb.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

It's been a couple of weeks since the last update on this...

Is it still happening?
                  GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                    It's been a couple of weeks since the last update on this...

Is it still happening?
                    lol dun b jokestir, shud know tw only good at making polls and creating ideas that never actually get put into action
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                      lol dun b jokestir, shud know tw only good at making polls and creating ideas that never actually get put into action
                      ?go twfd was uploaded yesterday, actually.
                      the bot is almost done as well
                      Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flared View Post
                        ?go twfd was uploaded yesterday, actually.
                        the bot is almost done as well

Good to hear!
                        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Working...
                        X