Points Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points Race

Post your comments about the change from timed games to race to 80k in go base.

What the hell is slow packetloss and why does it lag me out?
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
      sounds like fun
      DELETED

Comment

shouldn't your user title be Conan Friggin O'Brien?

Yeah it's worth a shot, but then you can't see just how badly a team destroy another team. This will however absolutly remove running in TWLB - which would be fantastic (it's not a huge problem though)
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Sound good!

Just make it another botoption?
          --> :matchbot:!gametype:race
          --> :matchbot:!gametype:timed
          let the captains decide about it, should be working
          Good idea
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
            Sound good!

Just make it another botoption?
            --> :matchbot:!gametype:race
            --> :matchbot:!gametype:timed
            let the captains decide about it, should be working
            Good idea
            I like this idea better
            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

I like your Mom better.

Comment

gg Brink. Giving the caps a choice is gay, and it will cause lots of problems. The Race is a lot better than a set timed game anyways.
                1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

worth a shot. Might have some downsides people haven't thought about yet though..
                  http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Are we trying to put this in twlb too? and why is there no earwarp?
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Dont put it in TWLB, thats stupid, TImed games are way better then having a race to a set #. i dont realy have a reason to explain it, bu ti just think its stupid. If u want to do it in .?go base go for it but not TWBD/TWLB :X

Another thing, just being curouis, shouldnt u be worrying about TWD/TWL problems instead of .?go base? :X
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

ok

to answer a few of your questions:

Yes we want to try it and see if it has a popular opinion, then use it for twl. There are two options we are considering when it comes to basing.1)points race. 2)time based-which means a team has to hold the flag for a total of 20 minutes or any preset of time. This would be done with a bot and isn't based on flag dings.

I don't think the second one should even be an option till two seasons from now but could be used and seen if liked as soon as a programmer does it. As for the option: What we have in go base is just temporary to test. The reason there is no ear warp is because the bot is from roboking. I'll talk to dock about fixing it today. Thanks

Comment

Mattey:

Slow packets cause people to eat more bullets i think? Might wanna ask someone else. But cpt did alot of tests to see what is the optimal slow and fast packetloss.

Comment

Why not keep basing how it is? there are bigger problems then point race and blah blah. I think the 30 minute game timer is fine, team with most points win. It usualy happens that the best team wins this way. I dont think u need to change it for TWL. A map change and getting the matchbot's done so we can start this shiz is way more important then doin race and such. Keep it the same, u already put 4 spider limit in which is stupid, dont make to many stupid changes this season.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

4 spider limit isn't decided yet. Also, theres atleast 3 or 4 games each season where a team hides at the end to win. I think this is a problem. Also, this makes games where blowouts happen end more quickly and games where it is close play alittle longer. Seems like a fun alternative to a standard game.

Comment

Working...
                              X