No announcement yet.

Points Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't want the decision to be left up to a host if a team is hiding at the end because the decision is not an easy one to make in most cases. The negative to the idea of a team holding the base for a certain number of minutes is that there is no value in killing people. People seem to like the idea of getting kills and scoring more points for a team.

Comment

PL its just like in football, the ref is always right, if the call is wrong, wich can happen, the ref is always right. And its quit obvious that when a terr doesnt move, or going to roof, or side that they are hiding.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

not true, i use the sides alot when i terr that doesn't mean im hiding at the end.

Comment

keep it as it is
          1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

I think hiding should be defined as a team (or terrier) not going to base within 30 seconds to one minute after dying. If such should occur, punishment for hiding should be administered.

I don't think the current system needs any remodeling scoring wise.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Wow,

Are you people seriously asking TWL hosts to decide if someone is 'hiding' or not? Holy shit. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Hiding is extremely subjective, and absolutely everyone has a different definition of it. You cannot formally define it in the rules because it just doesn't work (i.e. say your rule is don't be outside for 30 secs, then the terr will be outside for 29 secs, go inside, then go outside again as an example). If you leave it up to the refs, you will have a situation where every single different ref, or even the same ref under different circumstances will decide differently. Add in the fact that the refs are players on OTHER TEAMS (unlike in pro sports) and are thus viewed as much more biased, this would never work. The contraversies will never end no matter if the call was fair or not.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                not true, i use the sides alot when i terr that doesn't mean im hiding at the end.
                I meant side, as in going towards safe. And it is a rule that you are not supposed to hide in twlb. And when a team is hiding, its quite obvious
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I like the idea of a point race. The only problem I see doesn't involve TWLB. But in TWBD, games with less than 8v8 will take longer. For example, 5v5 would take a LOT longer for one squad to reach 100000 points, simply because there are a lot less people killing and dying. Maybe if the !challenge Squad:8 (# players) feature for the bot gets implemented, the point cap number can be altered (60k, 80k, 100k, etc) based on the number of players in a game.

This would also be a good idea for TWDD's, since 4v4 games don't need 20 minutes to play as 5v5 games do. So maybe the max time for 4v4 rounds could be changed to 15-18 minutes or something.
                  Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Roofing should be legal. It's a legit strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                      Roofing should be legal. It's a legit strategy
                      Not if it constitutes hiding. Open up roof by changing the map ... or ?go basesuff if PL put that map up, for an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
                        I like the idea of a point race. The only problem I see doesn't involve TWLB. But in TWBD, games with less than 8v8 will take longer. For example, 5v5 would take a LOT longer for one squad to reach 100000 points, simply because there are a lot less people killing and dying..
                        5v5 isn't even a real game. I think the limit should be changed to having at least 7 people in.
                        sdg

Comment

I think its fairly EZ for a ref to call if someone is hiding or refusing to go to base. U can tell when a terr has the same "uNF" that it had the 1st part of the game. When he sits down below rite in the very bottom part of the farthest point of the base that is hiding, if he jsut sits there and dont move. Its ez to point out. And 9 out of 10 chances there is a TWL op online, the ref could simply call him to view it. Like gall said, the REF is NEVER wrong, sure a call mite not be seen rite by all, but if the TWL op makes it then its the final call. There is no Current problem w/ the current way of basing. Ther is a saying, Dont fix what isnt broke. Or dont fix it till its broken. Same goes for this. And ther isnt that many games where a team hides, or needs to hide.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

the point race has its good and bad sides:

Good Side:

- it prevents squads from hiding
                            - makes the blow out games end faster
                            - a team is able to make a comeback without the time limit (look at Bad Sides for the other side of this point :P)

Bad Sides:

- a team might NOT be able to make a comeback
                            for example: lets say it's race to 100k. 10 minutes passed. TeamA is winning with a scored 98.5k - 2K. TeamA finally lost the fr. TeamB set up defence and tries to make a comeback. Well.. teamB might be able to win if its a timed game (30 mins). But when it's race to 100K. That is a sure loss. TeamA can gain 1.5K very quickly even without the fr. and keep in the mind that only 10 minutes has been played.
                            1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Guys, WE shouldn't switch everything that twlb has been so fast. First the 4 spiders now this. How about you just institute the Line like in twlj/twjd that specs them.. let's say after thirty seconds...?
                              I am against this idea too, to be honest I think Basing is fun. Apt if you feel rushed when there is 10 minutes left and you're down 20k? boo fucking hoo. your own fault for being down and if you can't deal with it then you shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.
                              7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                              1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                              Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                              Piston> I own in belim
                              6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Froe, thats actualy a very good idea. Put a line aall the way across the map so high, u cant make it to high, but u cant make it to low. That way u will atleast have to fight w/ the enemy. And the best thing to do is to attack for flag. Some thought would have to be put in by the TWL ops, but this is a very good idea. And thast what im saying, ur trying to change TO many things all at once, a few changes in the off season are fine, but u dont need to revolutionize the league over 1 off season.

And neth i agree, i didnt even think of that. Once u get so big of a lead, u can get the rest just off of killing w/o the flag.
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X