No announcement yet.

Lowering Lag Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also have to remember that lowering the lag limit will also not only alienate ppl with 56k but also people who live very far away even with adsl like me, lowering the lag limit below 300 means i cant play either and i have adsl.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
      Who gives a shit if it's hard for the laggers to play? It ruins the game for the people with good connections, so fuck them.
      This type of blatant stupidty pisses me off.

if i moved next door to the server i could play just fine with a 56k connection and barely lag at all, move me halfway around the world to where im at now, and gimme the best connection money can buy, I still lag.

location is more important than connection.

Just to prove a point, when the server was in finland and i played on my nokia cardphone in finland (roughly 28k) my ping was under 100, and ploss was quite low 0.1,% 0.2%..

Now that i live where i do, ive got a 2.8mbps DSL connection, and I still lag.

However im still all for lowering lag limit since im not lagging that badly..

get it right.
      Displaced> I get pussy every day
      Displaced> I'm rich
      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
      Thors> prolly
      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Lag shouldn't even be an issue, as long as you don't lag right through the cram I think it's perfectly fine. Some of the best players in ss run on 56k's and if some DSL only rule were to take in effect I'm predicting a lot of twl squads would lose about 1/3 their members and would make the game no fun at all for the 56k users. If the lag limit is lowered anymore I woulnd't be able to play in twl, this would piss off the kp treamendously

Besides someone lags... it makes the game more challenging if you ask me. You have to predict them shooting a bomb or shooting a wb bullet, would definately make you better at whatever ship you play. Besides if I couldn't play ss anymore all I'd have is paintball, than I'd get shot to death somehow. So... reduce lag limit=kp dies
        Last edited by Killer Parakeet; 03-09-2004, 01:57 PM.
        If you let something go and it comes back to you it was meant to be, if you let something go and it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Parakeet
          Lag shouldn't even be an issue, as long as you don't lag right through the cram I think it's perfectly fine. Some of the best players in ss run on 56k's and if some DSL only rule were to take in effect I'm predicting a lot of twl squads would lose about 1/3 their members and would make the game no fun at all for the 56k users. If the lag limit is lowered anymore I woulnd't be able to play in twl, this would piss off the kp treamendously

Besides someone lags... it makes the game more challenging if you ask me. You have to predict them shooting a bomb or shooting a wb bullet, would definately make you better at whatever ship you play. Besides if I couldn't play ss anymore all I'd have is paintball, than I'd get shot to death somehow. So... reduce lag limit=kp dies
          I use to play paintball to, cost to much $ tho :<
          And what im saying is to only lower it a LIL bit, not a huge amount bc i know how it is to be laggy i use to lag hardcore myself. And if possible having the bot have lower lag limits for the jav in TWLB so he cant rocket and spike hardcore. Other then that let the lagggies do whatever they want. I hate to eliminate the game from anyone bc of lag, but i would limit what ships they can use.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
          X