• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB Semi-finals Plade vs. Fire Appeal

GAME

Fire vs Plade TWLB Semi-Finals

This BO3 was at 1 - 1

This appeal is for Game 3, the deciding game.

RESULT

The result of the game was:

Plade 15:00 - 14:54 Fire

WHO APPEALS

Fire

REASON

Plade (dreamwin) cheated, which changed the outcome of the game by manipulating an exploit.

WHAT HAPPENED

The score when the cheat occurred was:

Plade 13:54 - 14:23 Fire

Fire’s cram was broken by an invisible jav

Video: https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenSleepyTofuAMPTropPunch

Dreamwin bypassed the 5 second death cooldown, resulting in him being invisible for everyone. He was aware of this exploit, and has previously admitted to it (logs below). He then wiped Fire's cram while being invisible.

Dreamwin has used this cheat previously, in TWDTB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPdN...outu.be&t=1656

WHAT FIRE WANTS

Fire would have won the game had the cheat not occurred. So we want Plade to forfeit for cheating. Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense as per rules. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DFH0WI6w/edit#

This is the only outcome which does not incentivise future cheating. If a losing team can get a win or a replay by using a cheat, they’re going to do it every time.
    Last edited by zidane; 06-14-2020, 10:11 PM.

in before 2020 drama

Comment

That has to be one of the most egregious bug abuses in a big game that I've ever seen. I like DW but this was clearly an act of desperation when his team had no other choice.

If this is allowed, imagine the precedent it would set. If your team is down, ANY ABUSE is fair game. Do not be surprised if teams start trying to pull this off more often.

I can imagine many will say "it's not in the rules", but there is a level of common sense that is required when looking at these things. You really expect every possible exploit to be itemized? No, we use our best judgement to decide when something has crossed the line. And this is clearly crossing the line.
      4:BigKing> xD
      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
      4:BigKing> what did i do???
      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
      4:BigKing> ???? why though
      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

-Have 0 care about basing and who wins this but all that clip shows is that you repped 3 times and that the cram was gonna get bombed regardless of you seeing dreamwin's ship

-Also could you explain the cheat? How is changing ships making it invisible? Are we going to ban everyone who ever changed ships in sharks to refresh their mines too?

-Would suggest taking a night's rest and cool off so that you can realize that you're this league's operator and just decided to petition and ban cool guy dreamwin after a tough loss

ty4dis drama

Comment

Should be noted that zidane is posting this in his capacity as Fire captain, and not as TWL op. I'm not sure who ultimately is making the final decision.

As far as my thoughts on the matter, if this exploit had happened while I was running TWDT, and I was made aware of it, I never would have allowed it. I'm not sure how much my word matters here because you'll think I'm biased, but I'd like to think that this one is an easy call. Dreamwin knew about this bug and has intentionally abused it multiple times.

Anyone trying to argue that it's permissible because it's not explicitly written in the rules that dreamwin can't ship change to reset his respawn timer is missing the point. It's written in public, as the second rule in Trench Wars, that "[e]xploiting bugs or glitches in the game" is illegal. We don't need a rule in TWL stating the obvious. Further, any argument that dreamwin has abused this in the past doesn't matter. Here, dreamwin once again used a desperation ship change to deliberately exploit the outcome in an entirely different league, and we take issue with it. Therefore, it's meaningless that he once used this in TWDT and no one appealed it.

Simply put, desperation exploits shouldn't be rewarded.
          Phiz> I probably am gay
          Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Looking at this from an unbias point of view:

I did see a blip of yellow (or orange or whatever you want to call that ugly Javelin colour) from spec before the bomb went off. Clearly though others did not when even at .25 viewing speed you can not even see his ship in Pork's video. I would totally offer up my penny worth of opinion to fire's side if not for singer making an really valid point. With 0 reps it would not matter if you seen the ship or not. This would be a hard decision to make, but regardless of it being replayed or not I think a forfeit is going too far. If this is some sort of abuse that dreamwin has been warned for, it should fall on him not the entire team. I hope staff steps in to make the tough decision since there is no way Zidane could make this call without being bias.
            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
            (10 seconds later)
            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

honestly it was sad to see dreamwin pull off that ship change to take advantage of a known glitch, especially when you consider how often he complains about integrity in league matches. it was not a clean win and I don't think anyone on Plade can take pride in the victory.

I would personally be in favor of a full replay of the third round, but honestly before that you should attempt to fix the glitch (or make a rule adjustment regarding ship changes and switches) to ensure the glitch doesn't get abused in future games and/or potential replays. there are also issues with ship changes to reset mines which should be addressed at the same time.

Comment

so apparently this has happened before with DW and yet no appeals or rule changes were made when those instances happened. why wasn't dw banned on the spot when it happened in twdt? wasn't zidane also league op then?

here's what we know: dw wasn't warned when it happened. there wasn't an appeal when it happened. and the league op didn't provide any clarification of the rule for this TWL season that he's currently running after knowing it happened.

so what was the difference between those "abuses" and this one? the only difference i see is that the players who lost this time around are on fire. the rest of us with integrity who are functional adults don't appeal these types of things because they're classified under 'shit happens.'

and these options are so generous of you. not only do we not get to replay the round, you demand that our only option is we ban dreamwin and forfeit the game. rofl, what a fucking joke.

i didn't see you ban yourself for shipchanging and allowing yourself to 6-rep to ice crams at the end of games in TWDT. under your bullshit rule, you shouldn't even be eligible to play twl this season. but i'm sure there are some mental gymnastics that you and ogron can provide for us to explain how that situation is any different from this one.

players switching to jav to clear a cram at the end of a game has happened thousands upon thousands of times. yet this is the first appeal that's ever been posted about it. what a fucking surprise to see who wrote it.
                PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Dear Qan, Tiny,

I hope you can see the fallacious arguments used to support this appeal.

Firstly, the claim that Dreamwin deliberately abused this bug. This was not deliberate, the example of him supposedly exploiting this bug in TWDTB is fake news - he was obviously visible when making that bomb (he was also visible when shooting the bomb on my screen today, too.) In any case, we cannot divine the mind of Dreamwin. He told us afterwards that he didn't know that he was invisible. This, at BEST, was a bug that occurred unwittingly. Why should we be penalised for an accidental bug that isn't even mentioned in the TWL rules?

Secondly, the claim that Fire would've definitely gone on to win the game. Again, pure conjecture. The game was 14-14. We went on to TeK and hold flag for the remaining time. Fire could've held onto the flag after the cram break, but our greater skill prevailed, hence the outcome of the game. We broke cram several times in the lead up to the bomb in question, and could've easily broken it again in that time.

Thirdly, the claim that this rule is too obvious to write. Wrong! It would be very easy to write, indeed Zidane - the league operator - could've written it himself. "When making shipchanges, any spawntime must elapse to avoid the spawntime bug. Abuse of this bug will result in forfeiture." Sadly, this rule does not exist. As such, no rule has been broken and there are no grounds for appeal.

Lastly, in the aftermath of this loss, Zidane proudly stated on many occasion that "this will 100% be replayed", "this won't count", "this appeal will be granted", "when do you want to replay"? We respectfully suggest this is a corrupt and risible way for a league to be run - when a squad captain can vote on his own appeal. We hope that a decision is made in light of the obvious facts of this situation, without fear or favour.
                  Last edited by MHz; 06-14-2020, 09:58 PM.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

https://gyazo.com/632a377096e06b0de21cce32cc46422d

this is from right after he did the same thing in twdt where he admitted he knew exactly what he was doing then and therefore he obviously knew what he was doing now

and myth attacking zidane as a twl op when he's posting as a captain is a stupid argument he will obviously not be determining whether this is approved or denied
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                      I hope you can see the fallacious arguments used to support this appeal.

Firstly, the claim that Dreamwin deliberately abused this bug. This was not deliberate, the example of him supposedly exploiting this bug in TWDTB is fake news - he was obviously visible when making that bomb (he was also visible when shooting the bomb on my screen today, too.) In any case, we cannot divine the mind of Dreamwin. He told us afterwards that he didn't know about this bug. This, at BEST, was a bug that occurred unwittingly.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Dreamwin.png
Views:	667
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1342817

This is from after TWDT. I'm sure he had no clue about it!

Phiz> I probably am gay
                      Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

But if you look up two sentences:

"1:dreamwin> tbh its kind [of] shit if I dont know [when I] appear"

This shows clearly that dreamwin was unaware of whether he was visible to all, and that he didn't use it as a malicious or deliberate tactic. In the cut and thrust of a game it would be an easy thing to forget about, or not even realise.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Keep complaining Fire, you guys are sore losers and there are NO rules against shipchanging and spawntime.

Inconclusion regardless of screenshots of DW knowing or not it's up to STAFF to implement rules and enforce them and have them written, there's many rules written and not this because this is a bug that's known in Pub to base and thus twlb.

Don't fix what ain't broken and if bots and tw ops saw while it happened and nothing changed.
                          Last edited by 2pac; 06-14-2020, 10:15 PM.
                          https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Plade knowingly abused a bug and should be punished for it. I don't really care who wins at all but if this had happened to any of us we would all be making the same appeal.

Also, saying Zid had "0" reps is an irrelevant argument because you play slower as a shark when you know there is a Jav.

Idk what the right solution for this is because playing another match seems unfair to Fire but i'm glad it's not up to me.

Comment

Zidane lost this and got outcoached simple fact sore loser should take a loss, he used the bug himself and now bitchs when someone did the same thing as him?
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X