X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 8 matches

TWLJ
    Cuphead vs Silence (was in a discord so there's people talking during the first half, RIP)

TWLB
    Cuphead vs Accuracy
    Silence vs Pandora

TWLD
    Cuphead vs Silence
    Cuphead vs Strike
    Cuphead vs Pandora
    Last edited by Dwopple; 04-26-2021, 09:53 AM.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

great work porkjet and dwopple, thanks!
      top 100 basers list

Comment

top 100 basers list

Comment

lool, i remember this. Was at 50 but missed a couple there. Sick 34 second jupe in the end too. Wonder how long it would have been if we didn't manually !jupe it? Good reminder that these things still happen and you need to be watching the clock from time to time. Glad it happened in that game instead of playoff game. Gl in playoffs everyone!
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Late to post this, but here are the Quarter final recordings.

TWLJ
            Pandora vs Lululemon

TWLB
            Pandora vs Accuracy

TWLD
            Silence vs Divine round 3 - forgot to press record for rounds 1-2, so all I snagged was round 3
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            WillBy> ^^

Comment

TWLB Semifinals: Strike vs Pandora

Timestamps:

00:44 game 1 start
              29:06 game 1 scorebox
              36:35 game 2 start
              1:05:56 game 2 scorebox
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

TWL Semifinals matches

TWLJ
                Bounced between both matches

TWLB
                Cuphead vs Silence full matchup, and ending of Strike vs Pandora round 2

TWLD
                Bounced between both matches, and full round 3 match of Pandora vs Strike LD
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                WillBy> ^^

Comment

TWL Playoffs - need to rework mic audio, lol

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1016990806
                  Javs timestamp at 0:00 - Strike vs Cuphead

Base timestamp at 42:47 - Silence vs Cuphead

1:50:19 the end of Pandora vs Strike

TWLD Timestamp 02:08 - Pandora vs Strike (ALL 3 Rounds) - had 2 afk the last round.

Will cover next week's finals! good luck to the remaining teams.
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Hey guys, I streamed a bit of the matches yesterday as well. Did some commentary, feel free to use the VOD.

https://www.twitch.tv/cuch/v/1016959751?sr=a&t=0s

Comment

project dragon
                      Dwopple
                      PrOnEsSim
                      Dennys

Awesome work, thanks for recording all the games!
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

One thing to note from the basing games:

Both matches had flag jupes, but only the Silence/Cuphead game got their jupe reset manually (turb @ 00:59:00 on TJ's vid). What is the official protocol for jupes?

There was one jupe in the pandora/strike game (https://youtu.be/iHgOuN6YHJM?t=3664) that lasted 20 seconds. You could argue that it doesn't make a difference as Strike lost by a minute, but I would say things could also possibly look different in FR when both terr's died at 14:02-14:56. I would say that Terr strats could be different if the previous jupe was reset and the score was 14:22-14:36. Pressure wouldn't have needed to go so offensive if he knew he had SOME time.

I'm not really arguing for anything to be overturned, and no team has filed a complaint, so I'm just looking at this from a officiating perspective. If staff now has powers to reset a jupe, it should be applied evenly for all matches.

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

interesting, not sure if anyone noticed during the game.. i definitely didn't. just watched the last few mins from where you linked and wish i had saved a mine near the end (1:05:12) as it probably would have wrecked them so that's tough to see. 20 seconds could have changed the terring dynamic in the final FR sequence so that's annoying but it's very possible there were jupes that went our way in the series also.

edit: to answer your question PJ i believe it's the players who are expected to reset the flag if there's a jupe, there is a command that i'm assuming only (C) or (A) can use. I have never used it myself but I've seen it a few times in twbd recently, most likely just no one on Strike noticed the jupe or knew the command
                          Last edited by zidane; 05-11-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Regarding jupes, both teams have to have a cap or assistant PM the bot with "!jupe" to reset the flag, at which point it still needs to be re-claimed.

It's a bad system, but apparently it cannot be automated. There are plenty of (way less consequential) games that are won/lost on jupes, it'd be great if there were another way to fix it.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Checked the logic for !jupe, as I wasn't sure, either.

Just one C/A from only one of the playing teams needs to issue the command. (Alternately, a TWDOp can also issue the command.)

The reason it can't be automated: the bug has to do with a difference in recorded flag state that players see vs what the bot sees. (Bots are fake Continuum clients. They sometimes aren't as reliable as the client itself.) So on the screen the flag state resolves correctly, but in the bot's mind, it thinks the wrong team owns it. !jupe tells the bot it's confused about the flagstate, so the bot resets the flag and then the holding team can reclaim it. It's not a great solution. A far better solution would be to figure out what difference there is between the Continuum client's handling of flag states and TWCore's. Unfortunately this involves something called "race conditions" (which are great fun to debug, as well as for your uncle to bring up at Thanksgiving). It's also not simple to compare how the client handles it, as the code is only available in a badly decompiled state. We have the dubious distinction of being the longest-running game without access to its own codebase. It's kind of beautiful, though, as this locks it permanently in time rather than having it at the whim of the flavor of the day coder.
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks for the clarification everyone. It looks like the jupe I saw (I think there were others, but too lazy to check) was due to Ro dying as he touched the flag so I understand why it happened, but I appreciate the explanation on how jupes are currently resolved. Guess I haven't do much bot commands in a while...

Mattey> put me in corch

Comment

Working...
                                X