Which cram should be in TWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turban View Post
    I believe the lack of a visual progress bar on when doors are about to open is holding this variant down as it currently opens without warningsudden and becomes reaction based which results in it feeling slightly chaotic.

There is also no comeback mechanics which definitely could be included such as disabling doors when a team is losing by a certain amount and holding the cram, or perhaps disabling the function after certain conditions are met. Alternatively there could perhaps also be a scaling timer (from 90 seconds up to 5 minutes) which would depend on current time difference between two teams when holding cram.
    I did add graphics to show when doors are going to open, but they might've never worked in practice (didn't catch a match after I changed the graphics). There's the progress bar counting up to 60s (added a 30s delay in the last version), and an opening graphic for the doors in the last 10 seconds.

I personally don't like having the doors open at different times based on the teams' score, especially in a DTB/LB setting. In my opinion the doors should be a part of the map and should behave the same, regardless of the game's progression. Perhaps it could come back as an alternative map in BD with settings that make it a shorter wait when your team is behind by a lot. It could provide better games between teams of different skill levels. Having said that though, the door logic itself and the big change it brings in entering/defending the flagroom doesn't make it very update friendly (the graphics need to be tuned every time the timings change). So for now I've removed it from TWD.

The new BD arena map list is as follows (previous map in parenthesis):

TWBD: wide cram w/o camp spot (cram doors)
    TWBD2: wide cram w/o camp spot (cram doors)
    TWBD3: twl map, old cram (wide cram w/o camp spot)
    TWBD4: wide cram w/ 10 min timer
    TWBD5: wide cram w/ attach mode
    Last edited by BIET; 08-14-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Holay molay ty 4 this biet

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pubburst.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1360924

Hello,

Regardless of what cram is used for DT/TWLB, please bring back the blocks that allow the pub burst to happen here in twbd arenas. The whole reason for changes being suggested was to try and find a way to reduce cramming time. This burst spot is an effective tool to help break cram.. not sure why it was edited out. ty.
        absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

true, ppl aren't getting caught by that burst but it's still useful to fake it to make them move.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            true, ppl aren't getting caught by that burst but it's still useful to fake it to make them move.
            stop revealing my 10* secrets

Comment

ive always wondered, but didnt really care all that much... why have the two sides always been different? why the block on one side but not the other?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                ive always wondered, but didnt really care all that much... why have the two sides always been different? why the block on one side but not the other?
                Good existential question Zeeb. Likely reason being the map creator couldn't get rid of his masturbation habits, hence, righty on the mousey, lefty on the mandigo.

Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

WE NEED THE MAPS IN TWBD TO BE ACCURATE FOR TWL AND TWDTB AND WE NEED TO DECIDE ON THE MAPS BEING USED AND THE PUB BURST SPOT IS NON NEGOTIABLE BECAUSE WE NEED TO PRACTICE ON THE MAPS WE'LL ACTUALLY BE USING AND MINIMIZE LONG CRAMS. WHO DO I HAVE TO BOTHER TO CHANGE THIS AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

Comment

I agree with my boy ekko on midbursts, plz change it back. Notice the pluralization cause I can think of 4 burst spots now neutered due to that "small" change. Ty for reading my essay.

Comment

Working...
                    X