--Long Read-- The TWL problem that's also a TWD problem and how we might fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

["QUOTE=ogron;n1361604]

that they get 3 TWDT leagues per year to have their fun and TWL players get 1 (if any; it wasn't run 2017 or 2018) doesn't register. every league has to be about them.

[/QUOTE]

Statistically, starters from TWL teams are more likely to play in TWDT games than non-TWL starters/players.

The star cap went up 1* from last season.

There were several threads and posts written last TWDT season by "TWL players" about increasing the 41* cap in wb/jav and 68* in basing.

Example; this thread that was initiated by ogron in the middle of last TWDT season.

Positioning TWDT as if its for players who won't/can't get added for TWL games isn't a reflection of what has been happening every Sunday for the past few months.

TWL players play TWDT, and League volunteer organizers/decision makers (and consequently community) also center TWDT around the wants of high star players (ie continuing to increase star cap, an additional Free Agency last TWDT because of a couple players, etc).
    Last edited by Riverside; 09-30-2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration, and legitimately I do appreciate your sharing of advanced strategy and tactics - reasonable advice (for real, for real).

And if you noticed in any posts where I referenced players moving, I never once asked for more players to Divine. I know we have a team that can beat any other team - I'm not concerned about that. I simply asked for help in my making Flapperz/Ram/Rocket more competitive, but clearly Ram is competitive enough ;-) Rocket too gave us a scare, so yes fair enough I can certainly work on being a better captain. The crazy thing is, the 2 49/50* lines could probably both give up a 9*-10* and still remain at 48*-49* + so it is hardly even a loss to them, but would make a big difference to the other teams.

Rasaq is also not on our team for wbs, but that doesn't change we still have a 45*ish line (just mentioning it for the sake of accuracy)

Comment

[ Deleted ]
        Last edited by Grasps; 10-18-2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bike View Post
          Thanks for the inspiration, and legitimately I do appreciate your sharing of advanced strategy and tactics - reasonable advice (for real, for real).
          Everyone said the 2020 finals was going to be Fire vs. Plade, and Monster beat plade with a 45* line, several of whom are your teammates. Gun almost upset 10-0 Fire with a 45* line that year too and played amazing.

You absolutely can win against Evil or Rapid in an upset if Divine practices and plays well, you have 5-6 players who are elite WBs. I really believe that. All the pressure is on them. Honestly wishing you guys nothing but the best in TWLD and hope you slap.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
          X