Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the lancaster every become a legitimate basing craft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the lancaster every become a legitimate basing craft?

I know it's hypocritical for me of all people to say this, but no, i don't think the lanc will ever be a practical choice in a league base game- the settings change obvious helped it out greatly, but i can't see how it's slow flight, turns, and bullets could ever out weigh any of the other combat basing ships. Maybe somebody will read this and be motivated and find a way to make the lanc worth it (if you want to be that guy, i guarantee you it will not happen quickly, some asshole's gonna come out in two weeks talking some "i know how to make the lanc worth it" shit- but he's an asshole and he's wrong, you're not gonna over night this shit daddy, better pull out the bong and put your time in, dues paid motherfucker, dues paid), but I'm not feeling it with it's current settings.

Your thoughts on the future of lancasters in serious basing games?
    Last edited by Divine Rides; 04-17-2004, 03:33 AM. Reason: I spelled 'EVERY' instead of 'EVER' and that's not what i wanted to type
    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

If the new lanc is there, we will fly it. No matter the cost.
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I would really like to see a total turn around of the ship; make it drastically different than what it is now. Experiment with it and maybe it can become an equal match to the spider.

As for the lanc right now, I doubt anyone will use it.
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

make the go base lanc have the speed characteristics of a spider but with the modified weapons. then have it start with multifire. that is a legitimate basing machine.
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by Project
          make the go base lanc have the speed characteristics of a spider but with the modified weapons. then have it start with multifire. that is a legitimate basing machine.
          The ?go base lanc is a very viable ship. The problem with nobody using it is because it is a speciality ship. Imagine if the jav settings were completely useless before and were changed recently so they were the current jav settings. No one would be able to use it properly. Infact everyone who used a jav would have got a useless record.

The lanc will take some time to adjust. You can't play the new lanc like a spider and you have to be selective at what shots you take. I think the new lanc is very powerful. It is considerably underated. It can be very useful in the right hands.
          Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

yah, new lanc is pretty fun to fly. It would fit in great!
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

i like basing the way it is, i dont see a need for major change.
              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
              apt>yes u can wtf
              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
              apt>na
              apt>ill show you pictures
              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

i hope they will add all ?go base settings to all arenas. pubs and fixed damage to elims and other places. there is no reason to keep random damage. i heard staff says it gives moree chance for newbies. bah not true. it gives same chance for veterans and like we have talked most new ppl just think its lag and makes them pissed. why they should learn something else. if they wanna get good and rdy for twl they should start learning same type of game.
                www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Watch TSM <ZH>, he rocks in a lanc.

Comment

If I am correct didn't Pasco be able to pull off the old style lanc in a few bd's in camisade?

Comment

The lancaster is superior to the spider but not quite to the caliber of a javelin or warbird. If you guys use the lanc as a spider killer and not directly a terrier killer it can easily be the ship dictating the game. I, for instance, can MVP in ?go base by simply using the lancaster shooting spiders. By shooting the spiders it clears room for our spiders and other ships to put pressure on their red ship and other ships which eventually makes the lanc a terrier attacker.

Comment

yeah, lanc is a good mid clearer. I havent used the go base ship yet, but i did alright in a normal lanc in a bd
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

people have pulled it off- i think we played two vs. onix last year- i'm saying can it ever be the kind of ship that could be a steady league ship. I like the suggestions on what could improve it to that level- i'm up for a rehaul too- they should just replace it with the pirate or the brigadeer or whatever those other ships were. also the warbird should be ship 7
                          Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

yeah, i think its great for lining- but only if your spiders get a sharkfer, or when firing into the tube. other than that its should remain like a jav, out of action until time permits.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I won a go base game with all lancs. If you have a pair of laggy sharks, the lanc cram is big time hard to beat.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X