Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the lancaster every become a legitimate basing craft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the new lanc is to powerful. When a ship like that so ez to aim with can shoot that fast and usualy take a spider 1v1 it isnt good. I dont know how to suggest any changes to the ship, or how it'd be useful, but i think the only way it'd be useful is if u do what ID said. Redo the whole ships settings, make it totatly 100% new. U have the cloaker rite now that is even LESS useful then the old lanc and a LEVI that isnt even allowed in TWLB. All 3 of these ships can use updated stuff to make it useful in TWL but i highly doubt it will happen.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

take the current ?go base lanc settings, add a PORTAL and make the ship look cooler.
      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

how about old lanc, slightly less energy to fire. about 60% of total energy, same speed and recharge, say L2 bullets, and 1 rep. that is a legitimate basing warrior.

edit: and btw div, Can the lanc EVER be a legitimate basing craft?
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Take the old lanc, with slightly less energy to fire as proj said, and give it bouncing bullets. Have 'em bounce once, twice or maybe even three times. FR battles would be apeshit crazy with lanc bullets bouncing around.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Jesus
            Take the old lanc, with slightly less energy to fire as proj said, and give it bouncing bullets. Have 'em bounce once, twice or maybe even three times. FR battles would be apeshit crazy with lanc bullets bouncing around.
            bullets can either be bouncy or non bouncy, you can't pick how many bounces.

Bombs you can, bullets you can't.

Comment

Alright, then have the stay alive time about half that of a burst, maybe even a little less.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I was thinking burst too when cyl was suggesting the entirely different ship idea. Cept I was thinking it would be exactly like a burst, so it takes one bounce for it to appear, it would shoot out its front like a warbird with one burst, and the delay would be the same as a jav bomb.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.
                . â–²
                ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Jesus
                  Alright, then have the stay alive time about half that of a burst, maybe even a little less.
                  burst alive time is same as bullet alive time :S
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i didn't read anything aside from the first post. . .

anywho, the power of a lancaster is obviously in it's spread of bullets and the fact that one need not have perfect aim to get kills with it.

in competative trench wars games, every person playing has enough aim to be able to trade in the 4 bullets for a single, more effective one (be it spider or warbird).

the truth is, the lanc's strength is obsolete in basing games.
                    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                    Philos> there is something about you
                    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Saying a ship is too strong is easily said, just because it can win a one on one from a spider. I would say that the lancaster has the strength of a spider.
                      It is slow, but it has great firepower.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The Lancaster ship is not that bad if you know how to use it properly.

If you are an above-average warbird dueler, you can easily get good with a lancaster even with these current ship settings.

Many misjudge the Lancaster and hate it. Why?

Because most players take a new player in pubs using a Lancaster as the prime example of the Lancaster's abilities. Which is very ignorant thing to do, because its better than this.

The current Lancaster settings are ample enough if used properly to take most ships. In Open Space or even mid base, a Lancaster can be a great spider or weasel killer.

Possible Lancaster improvements? below would be more than enough.
                        -increase speed, just slighlty less then warbird.
                        -increase energy rechage, just a little more.
                        -default multi? I know in ELIM fighter duel, it has this.

->But Cig Smoke said the Lancaster is too powerful as it is. Yeah, I agree...

Changing anything else would completely make it too superior to other ships and we would lose the shipset balance.

Ok, the Lancaster has slow L2 Bullets? So what, try using bounces into wall egdes or small rocks to get that bullet boost. Try to get multi green as a priority if you don't have it.

When I think about the Lancaster it has to be my 2nd best ship that I'm good at.

Originally posted by Project
                        how about old lanc, slightly less energy to fire. about 60% of total energy, same speed and recharge, say L2 bullets, and 1 rep. that is a legitimate basing warrior.

edit: and btw div, Can the lanc EVER be a legitimate basing craft?
                        1 Repel for lancaster, omg, now thats going too far. I think they changed
                        those old settings for a good reason; most likely the faster fire rate (60% energy to fire..hmm). Imagine a lancaster in midbase, pumping out multifire bullets all the time; then you would get people complaining about that (they already complain about tons of bursts, jav bombs..etc. atleast for pub0 basing. As for twbd, it might not be as great a problem.

Comment

?go base lanc + portal
                          www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                            ?go base lanc + portal
                            I think adding a portal to an already powerful ship would be bad. I mean can u imagine a lanc that shoots spread shot real quick being able to warp away from enemies. u mite as well give it 3 repels and let ppl attach to it to.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                              I think adding a portal to an already powerful ship would be bad. I mean can u imagine a lanc that shoots spread shot real quick being able to warp away from enemies. u mite as well give it 3 repels and let ppl attach to it to.
                              well only 1 portal and so it couldnt get new from greens.
                              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

I like how the portal is 'propritery' (sp) for the terr only. I'd like to see the brick incoorporated into the game ... and perhaps for the lanc. Maybe a 2 block brick ... this could serve as a shield for the lanc which relies on either open shots at the nme ... or safe shots from behind walls. It could also serve as a useful keepaway tool if bricked on the flag. Of course the timer of the brick should be regulated to something like 5-10 sec or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X