Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the lancaster every become a legitimate basing craft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed you Sufficient it's been a while since I saw you post.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
      well only 1 portal and so it couldnt get new from greens.
      This would be an awsome ship. Set the port around terr spots, then port over and td. Make the port time short so that it doesn't have too much of an advantage.

Comment

Bricks! That's it! Do everything Proj said except give it a brick instead of the rep. That's one kickass way to defend your terr. Plant a brick a split second before a burst is about to get him. :]

[EDIT]
        Definitely make it two tiles wide. There are so many uses for a brick in basing. You can use it to protect the flag as Suff said. You can use it to defend your terr. You can use it to corner the enemy. Hell, you could even use it to block fr entrance for a few crucial seconds whilst your cram regroups. A short stay alive time of 5-10 seconds, as Suff said, would be ideal. Hot damn, we need to try this out!
        [/EDIT]
        Last edited by Jason; 04-20-2004, 03:01 PM.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I think bricks would be too powerful, they would have to put a lanc limit into place too.
          Last edited by Vitron; 04-20-2004, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Brick is a bad idea. People would use a lancaster just to repeatedly die and lay a brick at the FR entrance.
            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
              I like how the portal is 'propritery' (sp) for the terr only. I'd like to see the brick incoorporated into the game ... and perhaps for the lanc. Maybe a 2 block brick ... this could serve as a shield for the lanc which relies on either open shots at the nme ... or safe shots from behind walls. It could also serve as a useful keepaway tool if bricked on the flag. Of course the timer of the brick should be regulated to something like 5-10 sec or something.
              5 lancs and everybody put block brick to fr entrance and go suicide and then again...
              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

or just put ?go base settings to all arenas (keep pub cloackers).
                lets see how much ppl use it in pub. and if u add it for twd or twl. im sure some ppl will use it and learn it more.
                www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

You put in a lanc limit of one per freq. If you have the brick stay alive time five seconds, and the respawn is five seconds, there's no way for the lanc to keep respawning and laying a brick. You could never get that kind of timing down. The lanc would have to die at the EXACT second he lays the brick, every single time. I think a brick is something worth exploring.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If you give another ship a defensive weapon like a rep or brick it would make it super hard to break cram. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing you too hard for trying to come up with new ideas.

Shark> Rep Rep Rep Die
                    Lanc> Brick Die
                    Shark 2> Rep Rep Rep Die
                    *Repeat*

I would like to see these new lanc ideas put into pub like Jebu said. Mabye the idea with the port... Test it out for a few weeks.

Comment

Even if the team was 5 seconds with a brick and 5 seconds without it would still be too powerful.
                      sdg

Comment

You guys are assuming that this team will have PERFECT timing... and you're wrong in that assumption. If the attacking team isn't a piece of shit, it will get in close to the cram, and keep the lanc from ever getting in position to lay the brick. Also, you're forgetting the fact that a jav bomb could smack against that brick and whipe out the cram. The only thing a brick will do is mix things up. It's got as many advantages as it does disadvantages. And if you really want to get all pissy about it, make the brick one tile wide, just wide enough for the lanc or some other ship to hide behind in fr fights. And then you widen the entrance to fr to three tiles. There, the brick can only get in the way, but not completely seal off fr.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Jesus
                          You guys are assuming that this team will have PERFECT timing... and you're wrong in that assumption. If the attacking team isn't a piece of shit, it will get in close to the cram, and keep the lanc from ever getting in position to lay the brick. Also, you're forgetting the fact that a jav bomb could smack against that brick and whipe out the cram. The only thing a brick will do is mix things up. It's got as many advantages as it does disadvantages. And if you really want to get all pissy about it, make the brick one tile wide, just wide enough for the lanc or some other ship to hide behind in fr fights. And then you widen the entrance to fr to three tiles. There, the brick can only get in the way, but not completely seal off fr.
                          First off I'm not trying to flame... Ok anyways, at the moment a team with sloppy timming can be killed like you say (jav bomb, etc). If a lanc with a brick was added into the mix the sharks timing wouldn't have to be perfect to hold cram.

The part about having a bomb hit the brick doesn't apply if the sharks have SOME/Any timing. Even if it does hit it can't take out the terr. Allowing time for (at least) one shark or lanc to respawn.

If you change the brick to one tile it can still hold the enm team out of the flag room and block jav bombs from hitting the terr.

The brick, no matter how you change it, either doesn't have enough effect, or it has too much of an effect. (< not being stuck up but I don't see how a brick will work )
                          Last edited by Vitron; 04-20-2004, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Call me crazy, but with the way the settings are in ?go base I am actually worried that the Lancer will overtake the Spider as the basing stable... It's ability to do high damage with multiple shots, plus a spread of 2-4 bullets, makes it extremely powerful. Like Jav and WB, it can have a very legitimate place in any baseduel. Jav is helpful for breaking cram and the occasional terr kill, wb for shark/terr kills, and the lanc is a spider-killer.

I agree, the Lanc is very underrated right now. Give it some time, and it will see even more use than it already does.

Enough now.. 2 AM and I still have studying to do.

Comment

I don't think the Lancaster will ever take the spot of the Spider with the current settings. The Lancaster still recharges a bit slow, and the double shots really cost alot of energy. As long as you are in lower, the Lancaster is the stronger of the two. But in flagroombattles the spider is still the best ship.
                              The lancaster, now, is at least an option to have 1 or maybe 2 in your team.
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Jason

bricks + sharks + cram = boring base match, besides the ?go base lanc is good enough - it just needs to be used into TWL.
                                Last edited by Force of Nature; 04-22-2004, 05:23 AM.
                                Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Working...
                                X