Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's hear it for the lag, shall we ladies and gents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moot is UNDER the limits just like sika/domi and all others who play - Cig Smoke

Under the lag limits? I don't think the issue with Moot is staff not letting him play, I think the issue is that he can't even enter the arena because the arena settings spec him. Obviously if Sika isn't specced, and Moot is, then Moot doesn't qualify for certain checks the arena makes.

Also, I dont think Sika's ping is over 200, regardless of what you people 'think' it is, due to how he eats or spikes or whatever he does to you people. Last I remember, Moot's ping during that basing match was over 300.

If you want to see real lag, go check out Mega Newbie & friends.
    Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
    7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
    7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
    7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

• No, the comments about Sika going over 200 weren't blind accusations, they were made by a lot of people who are able to check lag.

Comment

• No, the comments about Sika going over 200 weren't blind accusations, they were made by a lot of people who are able to check lag. - Paul Oakenfold

Sika pings to me under 200, and I have a 56k with 160-170 ms. If he pings at under 200 to me, I figure the ping to other players, majority of which are with high speed connections, should be even smaller.
        Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
        7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
        7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
        7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lofty
          Moot is UNDER the limits just like sika/domi and all others who play - Cig Smoke

Under the lag limits? I don't think the issue with Moot is staff not letting him play, I think the issue is that he can't even enter the arena because the arena settings spec him. Obviously if Sika isn't specced, and Moot is, then Moot doesn't qualify for certain checks the arena makes.
          When we played -Final- this past sunday, the bot PM'd our team

TWLBot4> Mootland Farmer has been placed in ship 8

So evidently Moot met the lag limits according to the bots, yet the ref prevented him from playing anyway.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• It still says that message if the person is over the limits. I'm not sure if it's the bot itself that rejects the player, or perhaps the host just suggests in a friendly manner that the player is over the limits. Either way, the person in question isn't going to be playing.
            sdg

Comment

• Then that's absolutely retarded. Why let the bot accept someone that's over limits but prevent them from playing?
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• Hmm, this thread reminds me of me.

Anyway I'll clear the bot thingy from the last couple posts.

The bot puts everyone in that the mod uses !add on. However it will message the host when a player is too laggy to play under the limits set by our league operators. This was done mostly because it was the simplist way to do it (i made that little change during my finals week.)

And it is absolutely rediculous that you have to bitch when a REF says that a player cannot play because he/she is not within lag limits. Regardless of who takes the player out of the game the rule still stands so there is no reason to start complaining.

Anyway lag rules suck. =)
                TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

• The simple fact is, the ref isn't making the call, the bot is.
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• there is a difference between lagging and cheating and sika is a known cheater. it's a known fact that sika has been banned before in SVS for using a x-radar cheat. basically what it was a proggie to toggle x-radar on and off indefinately so it doesn't drain any nrg. i can get some ppl from SVS to post about this if need be. who knows what sort of programs sika uses now, i've also heard from ppl in -f- (I won't say who) that sika has offered them cheats before. i know for sure that hannes doesn't cheat, he just has a really shitty connection. i don't think Domi wouldn't be the type of person who cheats, but he's a RL friend of Sika, so anything is possible. i don't know why this is still being discussed, it's so blatantly obvious with sika's odd ping spikes and visible lag. it's time the no-balls TWL ops take charge and start banning/speccing ppl from TWL games or start making some concrete rules about this. this is Trenchwars League not Trenchwars Lagging

i know im gonna get flamed for this, but i don't care it needs to be said
                    Last edited by fireballz; 06-18-2004, 02:58 AM.
                    Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
                    Light TWLB Season 5
                    Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
                    Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

• I completely agree with Fbz.
                      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• OMG I just read all of that oo; I had a lot 2 say but I forgot and even if I remembered no one would care. I think Sika and Domi should be banned from TWL because I've seen them play and played against them.. once in .?go base Domi was spidering and I was on other team and he shot a bullet through the wall oO; he also didn't die after a 2 spider rush in which he ate 87535 bullets and he at one point had a rec of 50-6. BTW his team lost and he ended off with like 50 something kills and 11 deaths. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PEOPLES SAY ABOUT SKILLS ALL I KNOW IS I CAN'T SHOOT THROUGH WALLS:/

Oh yea, Fc*k you Sleepy Weasel.
                        carpe diem

Comment

• Originally posted by fireballz
                          there is a difference between lagging and cheating and sika is a known cheater. it's a known fact that sika has been banned before in SVS for using a x-radar cheat. basically what it was a proggie to toggle x-radar on and off indefinately so it doesn't drain any nrg. i can get some ppl from SVS to post about this if need be. who knows what sort of programs sika uses now, i've also heard from ppl in -f- (I won't say who) that sika has offered them cheats before. i know for sure that hannes doesn't cheat, he just has a really shitty connection. i don't think Domi wouldn't be the type of person who cheats, but he's a RL friend of Sika, so anything is possible. i don't know why this is still being discussed, it's so blatantly obvious with sika's odd ping spikes and visible lag. it's time the no-balls TWL ops take charge and start banning/speccing ppl from TWL games or start making some concrete rules about this. this is Trenchwars League not Trenchwars Lagging

i know im gonna get flamed for this, but i don't care it needs to be said
                          :up:
                          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                          3 league vet

Comment

• One thing i have to say from the time i was in -f- on behalf of sika, the guy never ever mentioned anything about lag, he didnt mention cheats, and ALL the time, he actually acted like he didnt LAG at all. So for the sake of stopping these cheat spreading rumours i said this on behalf of him.

however this doesnt mean i dont think he cheats, and regardless of cheating or not, he should be specced. the question is not wether he cheats, its wether he lags bad enough to be specced or not, and if moot is specced, he definetely lags enough to be specced as well
                            There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

• And you can clearly see that he benefits from his lag. If he gets 17-6 with lag (and he has shot people 10 times, all duds on his screen), he still got 17. Now if he didn't have that much lag he would fucking die of a hit. And not have 6 deaths.
                              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                              There wont be another election for president.
                              Obama is the Omega President.
                              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

• wicked sig fbz
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X