X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preds Week 5 + Editorial.

WEEK 4 RESULTS:

TWLD 5/7 71%

Got -F- vs Pallies wrong as blood choked (again) and several others had substandard games. Sika dominated (again)

Also got Sk8 Diso wrong it what was a close match.

TWLJ 8/8 100%

Javs are my thing clearly, as i got it perfect once again.

TWLB 4/7 57%

Base is not my thing clearly, as i stunk it up again. I'm off the diso wagon as i think they may lose every game this season, i got shriek vs wr wrong (my silly squad can't beat medium level teams) and Syndicate upset Mambo when there spiders finally showed up. I got the match rigt but for the record Sk8 played a lot better than i expected against Incuria.

Season:
    D:81%
    J:84%
    B:64%

Preds First, Editorial Second.

TWLD

Disoblige Vs Rapid -- Simply a better roster.

British Squad Vs Sk8 -- See Above

Ancients Vs Pallies -- Even with the chokes

-FINAL- Vs Melee -- i see a trend here, rosters aren't even close

Grapevine Vs Verone -- Looking like a boring LD week.

Shriek Vs DragonGuard -- At least this could be good. A strong showign from Shriek vs Syndicate last week, look for more of the same.

Avalonian Vs Pirates -- borrinnngg

ALF Vs Syndicate -- I feel a 100% week coming.

TWLJ

Disoblige Vs Syndicate -- a weak performance last week by Diso in javs (and i mean WEAK with bram, desperate, download, lemon, nethervoid and pjotter all being way negative) I don't see them really making this one close.

Sk8 Vs Pallies -- I just smell an upset, Pallies should beat them but i just have a feeling that they won't.

Melee Vs Elenya -- clearly the battle of the titans

Mambo Vs Grapevine -- a hard one to call, depends who shows up for Gv, but gv has better javs, and mambo sucked hard last week.

Ancients Vs DragonGuard -- Well they can't both lose, right?

-FINAL- Vs Tanked -- Will be over in 5 minutes.

Shriek Vs Rapid -- 5 minutes.

Hinder Vs Pirates -- need th ewin for playoff purposes

TWLB

Anti-Scrub Vs whiterabbits -- A tough one to call, don't underestimate brookus with the holydude and spybreak! connection. I think wr has the edge talentwise, but if they miss a starting shark you could see a similar game to last weeks loss vs Shriek.

Pallies Vs Incuria -- Until someone proves otherwise, this entire league (twlb) is Pallies for the taking.

Melee Vs Disoblige -- FUCK! I had to bet on Disoblige again. But i mean common, even they can't lose to melee right?...right?

Spastic Vs Mambo -- Rematch of a playoff match last season, Spastic will take it convincingly.

ReJeCtEd BaSeRs Vs Shriek -- I want to bet shriek, i really do, but i have this habit of betting on whoever RB plays and gettign it wrong.

-FINAL- Vs Sk8 -- Not as bad as you think, but -F- is heading to the playoffs, Sk8 is not.

BasingCrew Vs Syndicate -- Spiders finally showed up, look for more of the same.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Disoblige – A Shadow of former glory

Disoblige capped TWL Week 4 with another loss in TWLB, combined with a loss in TWLJ and another in TWLD to go 0-3 this weekend. There records of 2-2 in TWLD with a +19 and a 3-1 with a +41 in TWLJ can’t hide a horrible failure of a season to date, of a 0-4 start in the league they’re supposed to own, TWLB.
    You’ve got to ask what’s happened to this Past Euro-powerhouse, the defending TWLJ champions not to mention one of the single greatest basing squads of all time, without question. A record thus far of 5-7 so far is truly undisoblige like. Perhaps because of this, the roster looks shaky as a few members have left already, with the possibility of others to come. So what can be done to fix this downward spiral of Disoblige? Probably, not a whole lot. Both losses in TWLD are to definite Playoff caliber teams in Pallies and Sk8, the latter coming up a mere 2 kills short. The only TWLJ loss comes to a team that is headed for a probably date with the finals, so that’s not that bad, even if they lost by 26. Basing however is a different story. With losses to non-playoff squads and only a few solid squads in Shriek, Mambo, Rejected Basers and –Final-, the diso crew is on a 5 game losing streak (having lost to –f- as week in pre-season week 2.) So whats changed since a Pre-season week 1 game against Pallies? For one, activity. Activity is what killed disoblige in last years playoffs, with the TWLB Finals match being all Spastic. They had a rough time getting past a rusty and unpolished Elusive in the semi finals as well. If Disoblige plans to at least make this season decent, and not a complete letdown, they’re going to have to set themselves up to be a TWLB powerhouse again, and get into LD and LJ playoffs. With TWLB playoffs all but certainly out of the picture, Disoblige is going to have to re-qualify for TWLB with heavyweights such as Melee, Sk8 and others shooting for a chance at glory.
    Can Disoblige bounce back? Hard to say. With Melee and Incuira on the horizon it’s possible, but then they run into a very stiff wall in Pallies. As a long fan of the Disoblige crew I hope they can do it, I hope this infighting I see going on takes a big back seat, and that the diso members use now as an opportunity to prove there loyalty. They have the tools folks – the tools to be the basing Giants they’re supposed to be, but to get back up there in TWLB, without doubt the most competitive league in TWL, they’re going to have to work hard to get there.
    I hope they make it.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I'm simply toying with the idea of a Nickname's Thought of the week Editorial esq thing. I choose Disoblige simply because it was without a doubt the most obvious, so I appreciate any kind of feedback. I didn't read over it and i'm a tad drunk, so i probbaly repeated myself to much, but i'd appreciate feedback anyways.

Comment

Good read :up:

I hate to go blaming one of the guys that actually inspired me to start terring, so sorry for this one:

In my oh-so-humble opinion, warportal's style might be a bit outdated. He isn't as agressive in the cram as he should be, often resulting in the cram falling apart. The biggest factor is how he plays in flagroom fights, though. Sure, he stays alive, but Disoblige doesn't get nearly as much flag time as they should get in the fights. In the old days, staying back might've worked a bit better, because Disoblige had such dominant spiders and teaming, but I don't see them getting the flag at all if the enemy terrier drops his guys on the flag. Since the other team gets a lot of flag time in flagroom fights, Disoblige should make up for it in the cram. But they just don't. The only way for Disoblige to start winning is to start pushing for flag more, or totally rework their cramming. Of course, any team would win every single match they play if they did this, but it's pretty obvious not everybody can do this. I think Disoblige just might.
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

I didn't want to go after warp, who in my opinion isn't really the problem (diso always had dominate shark pairings, now they don't) because he hates my guts for some reason - mayhap i shouldn't have let him off.

Comment

For the record we gave pallies the pity win.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Did you offer up Erathia's ass for the pity sex as well?
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

He was more than willing to oblige
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Actually sharks probably made a bigger overall difference for Synd than anything... playing amp and rule as sharks for most of the spastic game didn't really help our cause at all, and made it worse considering spastic is just so good at cramming.

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

There are 14 teams in TWLB. 8 teams are in the playoffs, so that means 6 teams won't make the playoffs. To even have a chance at making the playoffs, you're going to probably need at least need a 6-4 record in the league. Looking at the standings and schedule, Disoblige isn't going to make the playoffs. Melee, Sk8 and BasingCrew are all also in the definate no-playoffs position. The other two spots are kinda iffy, but I'm going to say that Syndicate and Incuria will be the other two squads that fail to reach the playoffs. Those 2 aren't really written in stone, though, because they are scheduled play each other, and actually all 6 of those squads I mentioned seem to all play against each other for the rest of the season. It's pretty possible that Incuria or Syndicate could sneak their way in, but I'd see it as a pretty huge upset for a squad like Rejected Basers or Shriek to lose their playoff spots to Incuria or Syndicate.

Don't flame me or whatever for what I said; it's all based on fact and the standings/upcoming schedules so far. I'd like to see some of these squads prove me wrong, but unless some major happening like a squad dropout occours, I think my predictions are right on the money.
                    sdg

Comment

Pallies will be #1 in our conference in all 3 leagues, and isn't that what's really important?

Comment

might be a little hard having lost 2 basing games already. i doubt anything less than 8-2 will get you a #1 spot. :x But pallies could easily go 6-0 for the rest of the season in basing and i wouldn't be suprised. good luck.

Comment

psst, we only lost 1 basing game. All non conferences loses so far so it could happen (I don't really believe it will, but I can say it anyway).

Comment

I seriously don't think anyone is going to go undefeated for the rest of the TWLB season.
                            sdg

Comment

"Actually sharks probably made a bigger overall difference for Synd than anything... playing amp and rule as sharks for most of the spastic game didn't really help our cause at all, and made it worse considering spastic is just so good at cramming."

In other words..our starter sharks choked and did not show up with the exception of Epi (yes you) who was very late..and Amp and me never play shark

Comment

Working...
                              X