No announcement yet.

Preds Week 5 + Editorial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I critisized ur pred's once nickname. Hardly a reason for me to hate u.

Yea my style is outdated. Pretty normal though seeing that I'm hardly as active as I used to be. If u don't play alot, u get less good..

And maybe that story goes for more than one of our other members. But hey? Isn't that normal? Squads never STAY on top. Disoblige has been arround for more than 3 years now. Isn't it normal some of us get on with our lives?
    Ofcourse there is the exception of squads reaching top, then dissolve, make a new squad with the still active guyz of the first squad and a bunch of new talent. But if you really have something good going, it's more than just about winning games, more than just a squadname, and you don't throw it away that easy.

What I'm saying is don't kick us too hard while we're down. Unevitably, one day you 'll be down too..

I made friends for life in Disoblige, and kicked ass in a spaceshipgame in the process. Even losing every single game from now on, can take that away from me.

And for the record, Shriek, Mambo, RB and Final all are very good basingteams, more active than us too, so them winning isn't that shocking. Secondly, more than one of those games were very close and intense. From that I conclude diso still has it.

If -Final- would bother to show their best line vs. weaker squads, and not just vs. 'powerhouses' cause they wanna break em down, they'd win TWLB.
    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
      What is an Incuria, Elenya, Verone, Avalonian? Why do they all sound the same? Do these squads have some sort of machine that generates their names at random?

Predictions were always the most fun part of trench wars leagues.

Hello to Kookie.
      HEY VYK!!! OMGZ UR BACK :up:
      1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
      1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
      1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
      1:Vitja> afk
      1:Underground> haha vit
      1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
        There are 14 teams in TWLB. 8 teams are in the playoffs, so that means 6 teams won't make the playoffs. To even have a chance at making the playoffs, you're going to probably need at least need a 6-4 record in the league. Looking at the standings and schedule, Disoblige isn't going to make the playoffs.
        8 of 14 teams being accepted, just thinking of the math, says that teams who finish 5-5 should end up in the middle of the standings somewhere around 7th-8th of 14, and have a very high chance at making the playoffs. 6-4 is a guaranteed playoff spot, not probable.

i would not count diso out of the playoffs so quickly. they need to win 5 of the next 6 to give them a good shot. their games are melee, Whiterabbits, syndicate, incuria, pallies, sk8.

even playing poorly, they will beat melee and sk8. they will probably lose to pallies who are looking sharp. so their playoff chances come down to 3 games: white rabbits, syndicate, incuria. if they can pull it together enough to beat those 3 teams, which you'd have to be crazy to say isnt possible, they will finish 5-5 and have a good shot at getting in the playoffs in 4th place.
        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Question: There are 8 playoff squads. Does that mean the top 4 squads in each twlb conference will make playoffs, or just the top 8 squads in both conferences put together?
          -L3

Comment

I thought it was top 8 in both together, but from what I've heard, it's the top 4 from each conference. In that case, I think it's going to be a pretty huge upset for whichever squad doesn't make playoffs in our division (Spastic, Pallies, Anti-Scrub, -Final- or Rejected Basers).
            sdg

Comment

im pretty sure its the top 4 from each conference. if it were top 8 of both together then there wouldnt really be any point in having conferences at all, itd make just as much sense to have one big conference of 14. the conference thing makes the whole random picking of cross-conference games pretty unfair since you are competing against people in your conference who may have played easier cross-conference schedules than you, but oh well, if youre good enough to have a chance to win the league you will make the playoffs with no problem anyway.
              Last edited by Escalate; 06-14-2004, 12:46 PM.
              There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Originally posted by warportal

If -Final- would bother to show their best line vs. weaker squads, and not just vs. 'powerhouses' cause they wanna break em down, they'd win TWLB.

A) I was under the impresion you've hated me for years.

B) I agree, if -F- tried they'd be on top.

As far as Diso falling goes, thats rather false. You're going to still make playoffs in 2 leagues (which is more than almost all the basing squads) Doesn't matter if your core basers don't care anymore, your javs and wbs still do.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Oh and Vyk, those squads are all from the southern United States, hence the Yuh. Ahyuck
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                    Doesn't matter if your core basers don't care anymore

I don't think you could have been more wrong on that one.
                    Originally posted by Disliked
                    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

nn that week vs Syd wasnt a strong showing for us.. =(
                      9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                      4:Nimrook> No?
                      4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                      4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                      4:Akuun> ROFL
                      4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                      4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                      4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by Underground
                        HEY VYK!!! OMGZ UR BACK :up:
                        WHERE

Originally posted by Kookie
                        Oh and Vyk, those squads are all from the southern United States, hence the Yuh. Ahyuck
                        Ah. I see the :light:
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Yea my style is outdated. Pretty normal though seeing that I'm hardly as active as I used to be. If u don't play alot, u get less good..

And maybe that story goes for more than one of our other members. But hey? Isn't that normal? Squads never STAY on top. Disoblige has been arround for more than 3 years now. Isn't it normal some of us get on with our lives?
                          Ofcourse there is the exception of squads reaching top, then dissolve, make a new squad with the still active guyz of the first squad and a bunch of new talent. But if you really have something good going, it's more than just about winning games, more than just a squadname, and you don't throw it away that easy.

What I'm saying is don't kick us too hard while we're down. Unevitably, one day you 'll be down too..

I made friends for life in Disoblige, and kicked ass in a spaceshipgame in the process. Even losing every single game from now on, can take that away from me.

And for the record, Shriek, Mambo, RB and Final all are very good basingteams, more active than us too, so them winning isn't that shocking. Secondly, more than one of those games were very close and intense. From that I conclude diso still has it.

See this guys? Now this is one respectable guy. Never whines, always keeps it real. Great post.
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

you're my idol :up:
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

You are wise warportal. We've peered into that dark dismal abyss of being washed up and survied it many times in the past years. I suspect you'll survive for the same reasons we did. Winning really doesn't matter that much when your squad is build on a player base of people who you've genuinely befriended, although it tends to come pretty easy following dark times and then reinterest, or when you play against Pallies.

Comment

Should I be resenting that?
                                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                                X