What a sad display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a sad display

TW has showed me just how much its possible to screw up and/or bias a match.

1. BS/Pirates match scheduled for a time BS chose against Pirate wishes (3rd time this has been done to pirates I believe).
    2. BS Shows only 4 at match time, but the countdown is late 10 or 15 minutes so they can show a 5th.
    3. While BS is getting their loss served to them with a dull rusty knife, the bot lags out, but instead of finishing the match manually hosting, the host declares a restart.
    4. BS is left off the hook again when the ref can't get their act together to restart and so declares it rescheduled till the end of the season. BS still had 5, and we were more than happy to restart the match, but obviously BS was happy with the reschedule since their best player couldn't make this weekend.

GJ TW

P.S. If you want a staffer who actually gives a shit about making stuff run smoothly and fairly, lemme know.
    Last edited by Lews Therin; 06-26-2004, 03:57 PM.

We had 2 play 3 vs 5 against Alf and Jebass let Raynz play even though he wasn't elligble, we were screwed over more.
    carpe diem

Comment

agreed, terrible day for twl imho.

british squad got every single thing they wanted

they got the saturday match that they wanted, we still showed 14 people and they only had 4.

and the host was sorta forced into a rematch because british squad specced all their players when the bot gave them an excuse to get a replayed game.

we had just had 14 straight kills in a row, and they had like 3 people at 9

this match probably woulda put us first in our conference, with all our conference opponents facing squads rated as high, or higher than themselves. (pallies facing grapevine, shriek facing -final-, disoblige facing syndicate).

award us the win, fire the host and disqualify bs from twl ... especially after all the trash talking AcidMouse was doing ... i know none of these "demands" will be answered, but it's frustrating as hell, to have everything go against you and when your squad goes out there, they're winning 2:1 and the other squad flips out and specs in fear, and the host then declares a replay

Comment

Originally posted by Ekko
        We had 2 play 3 vs 5 against Alf and Jebass let Raynz play even though he wasn't elligble, we were screwed over more.
        if someone who was ineligable played for the other team, u win. u werent screwed, in fact because of this, u can have the win.

Comment

I wasn't saying this was the only incident of a botched job by twl staff, there have been even more this year than usual, just one I was involved with personally.

Comment

Yes, in loo of all the hatred and pain and suffering, you too can participate by joining British SqOWNED. Password is BS (like the game in every way possible).

?squadjoin British SqOWNED:BS
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

Okay, I watched the match between British Squad and Ourselves(Pirates). It was running perfectly, until the bot lagged out when we were at 24, and the British Squad was at 14. If the host logged any of this, which she should have(WPE), maybe we could simply restart this thing at the scores we had. I really think that the outcome was unfortunate, and I also think that the British Squad isn't to blame, and should have the priviledge of replaying the game, because a good squad will win 9/10 of the times if they're supposed to. My real problem is with certain staffers. I don't recall there being so many problems in the past, and if a staff member can't work things manually, then they're just setting the TWL ops up for more problems in the end, ie. alot more annoying scheduling and angry Pirate posts . If a staffer isn't ready to host, then don't let him/her do it. Maybe I'm missing something, but at first glance this seems absurd.

I always remember the other side of things, and how TW and TWL is a bonus and is set up at someone else's expense, but if you want to run things smoothly, make a couple changes and it could help everything.
              Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

"if someone who was ineligable played for the other team, u win. u werent screwed, in fact because of this, u can have the win."

Yea well I think we had 2 agree on a 3 vs 4 rematch I thought we would get the win by default or replay them in week 11. We don't get the win I feel Pirates angst cuz I'm pissed off at Alf and the host for letting Raynz play... GL in your rematch
                carpe diem

Comment

Check out weeks 4 & 5. How come there is no score for the BSquad games? Is this a reoccuring thing or what?
                  Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                  Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

it is not that we payed jabass to add raynz, if the twlbot says he is ok he is ok.
                    Originally posted by Kolar
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

This is absolutely stupid. Hire people who aren't incompetent, or ones that take the time to learn the fucking commands.
                      7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                      1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                      8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                      Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                      Piston> I own in belim
                      6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

<--

i mean seriously, British Squad all specced when we were still playing after the bots lagged out... it was like 40-21.... then they decided to spec (SCORE WHEN BOT LAGGED OUT: 24-14)

they just knew they were about to lose by 2:1 and they decided to all spec... thats against the rules in twl. it was THEN that the host decided to leave the arena.... rediculous

i know WPE <ER> (btw, shes hosted all our matches but my squadmates and i feel she is incompetant and dont want her hosting anymore of our games please) must have been stressed with none of upper staff there, but Acid tells u to *log all the events so that if the bot lags out you can host manually.

i have no respect for british squad, after all the trash talking they did and then speccing when they were about to lose.
                        Last edited by Awesome; 06-26-2004, 05:43 PM.

Comment

well i dunno, but why don't the host host the game manually like Lews said ?
                          Code:
                          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                          1:lnx> kk
                          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

please stop this whining, u should be able to tell by now that all british squad members are fucking newbies, they are pissed over losing in euro cup and they all suck, whenever the game replays u can easily beat them again. they are so ez, i dont understand all this ruckus? you will beat them by more than 2:1 next time.
                            There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

obviously download, but it's more about the incompetance of the host ... and we woulda been #1 in our conference for the first time this year if not for this... it's frustrating

Comment

Working...
                              X