1:Underground> haha vit
    1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

• Net Syndicate/Elusive Titles.

Vs

Net Shriek Titles

I fail to see any debate at all.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• 7 pages of pure crap

Comment

• Originally posted by PhaTz
          7 pages of pure crap
          kinda reminds me of that newb aH phat that used to play...
          7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
          1:Rough> is radiation an element?
          8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
          Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
          Piston> I own in belim
          6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

• spamming his chats ?go #basers ?go #adman ?go #basing ?go #bleen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• I honestly thing the Shriek javs were stronger than Synd javs. No offense to Synd javs, its just that Shriek played more of a style and was better at it. Synd was just really good as a team, no certain style acquired but good teaming. However, Synd was more of a defensive team, and usually an Offensive team will crush a defensive team. Just my two cents, or maybe three.
              I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                However, Synd was more of a defensive team, and usually an Offensive team will crush a defensive team.
                if thats true then why would a defensive team be the most dominant jav squad, ill just say most dominant squad period, over the last 2 seasons? plenty of squads have been around that were on similar levels of talent, but theyve lost. you cant really say its luck with the number of titles theyve collected the last two seasons, so i think its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that the synd/elusive very defensive style is more consistent and just outright dominant over the middle of the road or offensive styles. the proof is in the upper left corner of .?go twld if you want to check it out.
                There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

• Escalate, he was talking about javs. Typing ?go TWLD will not prove anything in this argument/debate. And yes, over the past 2 seasons, Syndicate/Elusive have compiled a title in javs, but that's what this discussion was about isn't it... if shriek could manage to stay alive... would they have been better. I think they would've been, no disrespect to Syndicate/Elusive, but as herc said... Shriek's style was pretty strong.

Comment

• hindsight bias - The tendancy for ppl to exaggerate how much they could have predicted an outcome after knowing that it occurred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome
                      Escalate, he was talking about javs. Typing ?go TWLD will not prove anything in this argument/debate. And yes, over the past 2 seasons, Syndicate/Elusive have compiled a title in javs, but that's what this discussion was about isn't it... if shriek could manage to stay alive... would they have been better. I think they would've been, no disrespect to Syndicate/Elusive, but as herc said... Shriek's style was pretty strong.
                      pay attention to the argument if youre going to try to get in the middle of it. his argument was that offensive style>defensive, which i said is pretty hard to agree with considering the obvious domination of defensive playing in both dueling leagues. .?go twld, and twlj then, hope that takes care of it. this whole argument is retarded...bringing up "oh this squad would have been better if they hadnt died after less than half a season" is just stupid. no one knows, they never even played a top 4 squad, any elite level squad can charge around the map and look like badasses against mid-level squads that they are much better than, the question is what happens when they actually play a good squad. lets just drop it.
                      Last edited by Escalate; 10-15-2004, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Escalate
                        pay attention to the argument if youre going to try to get in the middle of it. his argument was that offensive style>defensive, which i said is pretty hard to agree with considering the obvious domination of defensive playing in both dueling leagues. .?go twld, and twlj then, hope that takes care of it. this whole argument is retarded...bringing up "oh this squad would have been better if they hadnt died after less than half a season" is just stupid. no one knows, they never even played a top 4 squad, any elite level squad can charge around the map and look like badasses against mid-level squads that they are much better than, the question is what happens when they actually play a good squad. lets just drop it.
                        They dropped Disobliges defensive style, they dropped them hard too If I remmeber correctly. Syndicate is defensive style too, I see a pattern. We cant say who would have won, im just saying, going by the history of Shriek javs vs defensive styles, they "probabbly" could have come out on top
                        I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                          They dropped Disobliges defensive style, they dropped them hard too If I remmeber correctly. Syndicate is defensive style too, I see a pattern. We cant say who would have won, im just saying, going by the history of Shriek javs vs defensive styles, they "probabbly" could have come out on top
                          umm..ur talking about the same disoblige that went 5-5 and barely creeped into the playoffs in LJ right? doubt that means much that they dropped them. they didnt play a single squad that did better than 6-4, so who knows how their offensive style would have panned out in a game that they actually had a chance of losing. whatever, opinions are opinions, the whole point of my response to this thread at all to say that cig smokes comment that "we all know shriek was better than synd" was ridiculous.
                          Last edited by Escalate; 10-15-2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Escalate
                            pay attention to the argument if youre going to try to get in the middle of it.
                            no need to take offense, it's just a discussion.
                            Originally posted by Escalate
                            umm..ur talking about the same disoblige that went 5-5 and barely creeped into the playoffs in LJ right? doubt that means much that they dropped them. they didnt play a single squad that did better than 6-4, so who knows how their offensive style would have panned out in a game that they actually had a chance of losing. whatever, opinions are opinions, the whole point of my response to this thread at all to say that cig smokes comment that "we all know shriek was better than synd" was ridiculous.
                            umm, only 3 squads finished better than 6-4 in TWLJ (-FINAL-, Pallies and Syndicate). and if you want to see an instance of Shriek playing one of those squads: pre-season week 1 yeah it's pre-season but both squads seemed to have their top line out. i'm not saying this means shriek is better, but you said they didnt even play anyone good all season to prove that they are a good jav squad. i agree with you that it isn't that much of a gap between Syndicate and Shriek, but i also think that Shriek was the most dominant jav team last season, it's unfortunate they didn't hold it together 'till the end to show whether it was true or not.

Comment

• im not taking offense, all i said was that if youre going to jump into an argument pay attention to it. youre right, only 3 squads finished better than 6-4, because there was a tier of 4 squads including shriek that were a notch above everyone else, and shriek never played any of them so i guess we will never know. oh, and lol...no that pre-season game did not have both squad's top lines and even if it did it doesnt mean any more than a twd game...meaning it doesnt mean anything, cant believe you even linked a 50-47 week 1 pre-season game in this discussion. last post on this dumb ass argument.

Comment

• Everyone knows that Elusive/Syndicate was the greatest group of jav players in the history of Trench Wars. Two championships, one 2nd place finish in 3 seasons of TWLJ.

Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Shriek javs never played a single playoff match in the last two seasons (and disbanded DURING the playoffs in season 5). Looking at Shriek's records in TWJD and in regular season TWLJ mean absolutely nothing.

You might say as proof that Shriek beating Elusive in TWLJ6 was proof that they are better, but I fully believe that Elusive would have won if they ever met when it mattered.

Elusive lost to Rampage in TWLD6 and still beat them in playoffs when it mattered. Syndicate lost to -Final- in TWLD7 and still beat them in playoffs when it mattered. Similarily, Elusive lost to Siege in the first knockout of TWLJ5 playoffs, but beat them in the finals to win. Syndicate lost to Pallies in TWLJ7 in regular season (their ONLY loss) and beat them 2-0 in the finals to win.

Shriek played javs exactly like how they played warbirds. They played aggressive. Almost too aggressive. This is fine when you're playing games that don't matter, and an especially good strategy when you're playing squads which are clearly worse than you. After a good onslaught they will crumble. The problem with an overly aggressive strategy is that once you start playing people who actually know how to dodge (and in a playoff situation they will actually try their hardest to dodge), then you can easily get trapped in a 'defensive' team which will surround you and kill you. Eventually as with Shriek in warbirds, someone will lose it, start suiciding and that's it for the game. Having the types of players that Shriek had as their starting lineup (immature kids who could lose it at any time) this is especially bad against the seasoned veterans and steady players of Elusive/Syndicate.

Then there's the clutch factor. Looking at the ability of Elusive/Syndicate to come back when it mattered, to have the next level of fully clutch play necessary to win championships in TWLD and TWLJ you can see how we would have taken our game to the next level if we had to play Shriek. They had no chance. Actually if we had to play Shriek instead of Diso in TWLJ6 we probably would have won because we wouldn't have severely underestimated our opposition's ability.

-Epi
                                Last edited by Epinephrine; 10-15-2004, 10:12 PM.
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X