TWLJ Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ Predictions

Someone asked for a more detailed prediction thread, so i thought I'd give it a go. If you can't seem to follow, bare with me, its 6 something am, and I couldn't sleep.

Note: These are my placements for regular season, I'll discuss playoffs at the end.

TWLJ

Top 8 teams

1. Venom - Not much you can say about these guys. Basically elusive mixed with some siege mixed with some turkey stuffing. All in all, you got yourselves a good mix. Experience plus new skill, stability plus explosive players, gonna be tough to beat. Doesn't I don't want my revenge from last seasons finals bitches. Gonna be a toss up between them and dice. Unless dice doesn't do what i expect them to, then it'll be them or -final-. the only reason I'm even putting dice on the same piece of F*cking paper as these guys is because when dice is on there A game, and they play there style, there top 5 can surprise anyone. Plus all these guys have won before, except for maybe CC? so they're not really hungry.
    Lineup: Amputate, Rough, Crazy Canockout, Lemon, and Plob#f. backups(phait/2d/code/crazi/fiery/rock) Don't really know who can compete with that right now.
    Standout Player- All of them, but if i have to choose one, it'll be CC. yeah, you heard me.

2. Dice - I know, it's strange, me predicting dice to finish the regular season 2nd. I do hate there squad, and practically every member on there roster, but there's no denying they have the ability to take the title this season, and if they don't, they'll put up one hell of a showing in regular season and playoffs. The majority of these guys haven't been able to win a title, mostly because they cheat, but this season will hopefully be different. Since the majority of us are expecting merce etc... to return from dva and shriek, There top 5 will be tops in the league, or at least tied with venom.
    Lineup: Merce, Mess, Cape, dan, and chance? I couldn't really think of a 5th, since there backups(jala/a2m/kitan/azu/hotlava/nitti) all seem more or less equally skilled to me. If they don't get merce back, and ruine sometime during the season, they're finished. I didn't put ruine in because i'm not sure if he's coming back.
    Standout Player- Hmmmm...I'm gonna have to go with merce, because they are nothing without his lag rush.

3. -Final- - They have the talent to finish anywhere from 1-3, but the inactivity to finish anywhere from 3-7. Although, I can sense what's going to happen. They are going to start off super rusty, but are going to play easy opponents, so they will still start the season with a good rec. Then they'll lose 1 or 2 games, then they will finish the season strong and enter the playoffs stronger.
    Lineup: Sika, joe, Death Row, Koan, and spearhead. Backups(blood/ronaldo/dest/aprix)
    Standout Player- Koan, because i personally know what he's capable of.

4. Sk8 - They added some kickass new recruit, but yet I still see them coming up shorthanded. They were tough last season, and will be tougher this season, but it still might not be enough. Hopefully they will achieve what they are truly capable of, but i just don't see it happening.
    Lineup: Skeleton, Psymorph, download, Horror, Raples Imo, a good lineup, if ACTIVE, but nonetheless, could still put up a fight. I'll be the first to admit i don't know much about sk8s javs, so sry if i offended someone. Backups(ease/gk/ and jamil?)
    Standout Player- Horror

5. Pallies - Yes, I'm predicting us to finish 5th. With the ideal active starting lineup and our experience, we have the skill to finish anywhere in the top 5. But as it stands right now, we only have an active starting 2-3, and a couple solid backup players. So we can basically finish from 4-8. I won't say much else for our squad except divine rides has a small penis.
    Lineup: Banzi, Scuzzy Sureshot, Lethe, Force of Nature, HELLZNO! backups(sleeps/peej/jeem/cylor/jas/allan)
    Standout Player- Scuzz, it's his comeback season.(i hope)

following teams have the ability to finish anywhere from 5-8.

6.Pirates - I think they lost there best jav in CC, but i'm pretty sure that was a while ago. They fought well last season, and will do so again. they picked up some good javs, and have a solid core from before. Will make playoffs, and could finish anywhere from 5-8, but no higher IMO. They could Possibly beat sk8...but that's really depending on the scenario that occurs.
    Lineup: Evasive, pjotter, Kim, legion, lews. Backups(exquis/herc/amor/vigi/sky)
    Standout Player- kim

7. Ancients - Solid players, annoying guy name DickEmbeddedinAss. Can easily finish above pallies or pirates, but no higher.
    Lineup: Utopia, Dea, negrita?, sweeper and tail dancer? I really don't know they're lineup, all i know is they can put up a fight. SORRY ASSHOLES, maybe accept us once and i'll know it better.
    Standout Player- utopia?

8.Rapid - Don't like this squad or there players, but they have some talent. they could pull a few upsets, but will lose a couple stupid games. They can possibly finish ahead of pirates, but no higher.
    Lineup: Golden_Aim, Shock Therapy, Nemo., Lagua, and poff. backups(arsen/austin/badly/metal)
    Standout Player- g aim

I won't do a whole playoff picture, but i will say the semis would like like

Pallies v -final- VERSUS Venom v Dice
    ... with the TWLJ final Being your choice.

A few notes, all my lineups were based on IDEAL lineups, not currently active and clicking ones. Whatever works for you, use it. It's jsut that if all of tw was active alive and kickin, those are the players I'd play. Also, i changed around some positioning after looking at some rosters, so if there are any mistakes, fill me in.

Thank you, and good night.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
    Asia Minor> maybe not
    Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
    bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
    bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
    bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
    bloodzombie> seriously

Where the hell is Diso? That's it hellz, you've really crossed the line this time. Monkey bars, 3pm. Your ass is toast.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
      Lineup: Merce, Mess, Cape, dan, and chance? I couldn't really think of a 5th, since there backups(jala/a2m/kitan/azu/hotlava/nitti) all seem more or less equally skilled to me. If they don't get merce back, and ruine sometime during the season, they're finished. I didn't put ruine in because i'm not sure if he's coming back.
      Standout Player- Hmmmm...I'm gonna have to go with merce, because they are nothing without his lag rush.
      I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure dan is lit. And dan is definitely one of the worst javs on dice. Considering if Merce returns, I think their best lineup is Merce, Cape, Mess, HLK, Spawni. Azurus has been inconsistent lately, why Nitti is even on that list I have no idea. So yeah, I'd do those 5 with azurus and Chance as the backups for anyone.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Hellz who is that girl in your avatar?
        megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
        L K> taught u what?
        megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
        9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
        9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

As far as i know Dice and DVA arent merging. Maybe im left out of the loop and maybe something will hapen b4 TWL, but we are playing as if we dont have merce rite now. Javs are cape's department but i would think that mess, cape, hlk are 3 starters for sure.

The rest are pretty good except i think -f- will start aprix and blood over spearhead and drow. Maybe even domi if he starts playin some javs.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

i really dont see venom winning twlj its between us and final..and hellz we arent all lag rush and we arent all merce, the fact that we all own u might be the reason y u hate us all -_-

Comment

Lineup: Sika, joe, Death Row, Koan, and spearhead. Backups(blood/ronaldo/dest/aprix)
              Standout Player- Koan, because i personally know what he's capable of.
              how is drow gonna strart over aprix blood or dest..dam ur stupid just stop

Comment

Best predictions so far even if I dont agree with most of the lineups.
                1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                1:Vitja> afk
                1:Underground> haha vit
                1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

I would start drow over destroy, but not aprix or blood. No way jose. I'd have Sika, Joe, aprix, blood, koan.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

More juicy predictions than mine B)

But I think we have few starters over poff, like steak666, metal headz, starbeam, soar, qyll etc..
                    Last edited by Golden_Aim; 01-06-2005, 04:53 PM.
                    revolt> my girl
                    Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                    Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                    Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                    Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                    1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

hellzno! you said merce lags, but you're not much better <_<
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
                        Lineup: Merce, Mess, Cape, dan, and chance?
                        dan? lol i think this will be dice lineup: Cape, Mess, Cent, HLK (if he ever shows up), Spawni/kicker/a2m/azurus it all depends on who will showup.
                        1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

and jargha
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Dan isn't a starter, he's a 2-10 type jav.

Comment

Nice predictions, Hellz.

I personally think Pirates will do a lot better than people think they will, they have a lot of good javs and I think they'll be focusing more on LJ based on their recent recruits. Amorphus, Evasive, Exquisite, Hercules, Kim, Legionair, Pjotter, Sky, and Vigilanty all are capable players. They've also got a good core, and have been around for a good amount of time. Expect good things.

You also assumed dva was going to merge with Dice. To my knowledge, they aren't. I hope they don't, too, because it will only take away from the comptetition in the league. See, the great thing about dva is that practically all the members know eachother in real life, and whenever they want to play they just call eachother up and boom, everybody's there. The people they don't know are online all the time, too, so they can just tell them to get on. You usually can't find that kind of organizational unity in a squad, and I think it benefits them greatly. If they do happen to stay in, they'll definitely be in the top 5 and will most likely make the playoffs.

You skimped out on a few squads that could very well make playoffs, though. Spastic, for example, has some great javelins in Jamal, jr5, Necromontic, Pure_Luck, and Vehicle. The only problem is, besides them, they don't really have any standout guys and it will be difficult to get their good ones out there every Sunday.

I don't know too much about Dragon, but I know a few of their players and they look like they could do some damage. Carbon, Cross, Crystal, Jester, and Jonathan (and Runez maybe? Don't know this guy but I've heard good things) all have made a name for themselves in other squads and could definitely be a winning LJ squad this year if they put in the effort.

How could you forget Disoblige! Well, I've heard there's some bad blood so I'll leave it to that. But anyways, Diso has always been great in LJ and I don't really see this year breaking the trend. The only thing that might get them is inactivity but if they can work past that, I expect they have a chance in LJ. I'd say their ideal lineup would be CrvenBan, Decypha, Desperate, K2Grey, and Shadezer with some very capable backups in Displaced, Fruitang, Mantra-Slider, NaiLed, the Pioneer, Tobe, and Tsunami.

Mambo, however, needs to pick it up if they hope to make playoffs this season. After glancing over their TWJD record, I'm none too impressed; you guys are better than this. If they do happen to get their act together, they could definitely win some great matches this season. I expect B.Rabbit, Dragonscale, M_M God, Nuudeli, and Pred_FNM to be starting this season with a very capable backup in project [v-irus].

Watch out for Magnet and Thrill to pull some upsets this season. Can't really comment too much on them because I've only seen them play a few times. Good luck dudes.

Otherwise, Hellz, you pretty much nailed the other squads. I'm going to go ahead and give some pre-mature MVP picks too; merce in regular season and koan in playoffs.

P.S. I'm hesitant to comment on Shriek, as I heard most of their javs left after some incident. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't make LJ or dissolve before the picks.
                              Last edited by Cylor; 01-06-2005, 08:01 PM.
                              Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                              i just wish it was longer
                              Originally posted by Cops
                              it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X